• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Project Mew

It already had depth. Now it just has even more of it.
Up until now, it was literally him just catching everything under the sun under some arbitrary reasoning of leading back to Mew with only one time they attempted to add some depth to it by saying to Mewtwo that he wanted to understand the Pokémon, in which it was a very tell-don’t-show approach considering that the majority of his interactions with his Pokémon are relegated to off-screen. That is a far cry from every past character where we actively saw their goals playing out and develop right before our eyes without the need to infer anything. Go as a person may have developed, but the implementation of his goal has remained flat.

What I expected: Five-episode Crown Tundra arc where Goh finally meets Mew again.
What we got: The same high stakes missions from past episodes, except that they now contribute to a PWC-like system and there's more focus on rivalries.

I don't know what to think. It will be interesting to see Goh interacting with more people as collaborators and rivals, as we need to see more the introvert side of him, but with Journeys' record who knows if they'll appear enough. Also, I agree that it should have happened earlier, and the rewards are quite ambiguous so far.

Checking the preview again, the scene where Gary passed by Ash and Goh wasn't in last week's ep, so I guess he'll appear again once this properly starts up.
If you look at the background in that scene, it would seem to be taking place in the same episode from the first clip with the airship. If the voices are from that same episode, rather than being taken from another, it sounds like he’s telling them to do their best so it’s most likely from the episode that they go for the first trial to join Project Mew. So here’s hoping that, given his own involvement with Project Mew, Gary is at very least a recurring character.

Guys, I was wondering about this:

Okay, the trail for entering Project Mew seems to basically be; locating a legendary Pokémon -> getting something to prove you battled it, such as Gary with a Moltres's feather. And then, Goh will have his own trial too, which, judging by the preview, it's supossedly to catch a shard/piece of Regice.

But like,,, didn't Goh caught a Suicune? Like, no piece of fur or whatever, he captured it. Is that not enough for entering? He arguably did more than Gary did, tbh. I get that it might not be a ''true' trial since Goh did it before learning that Project Mew was a thing, but still.

But in all seriousness: if you are gonna create one of the most controversial eps of the entire series, possibly of the entire anime even, at least do something with it, u know?

Guys, I was wondering about this:

Okay, the trail for entering Project Mew seems to basically be; locating a legendary Pokémon -> getting something to prove you battled it, such as Gary with a Moltres's feather. And then, Goh will have his own trial too, which, judging by the preview, it's supossedly to catch a shard/piece of Regice.

But like,,, didn't Goh caught a Suicune? Like, no piece of fur or whatever, he captured it. Is that not enough for entering? He arguably did more than Gary did, tbh. I get that it might not be a ''true' trial since Goh did it before learning that Project Mew was a thing, but still.

But in all seriousness: if you are gonna create one of the most controversial eps of the entire series, possibly of the entire anime even, at least do something with it, u know?
I'm 90% sure it'll be brought up at some point.

True. I just hope it'll be mentioned again and have the same impact on Asahi and/or Tsurugi as it did on Professor Oak.
Personally, I’m kinda hoping that it has the opposite effect as a means of humbling Go especially with the combination of the fact that Tsurugi has a legendary Pokémon of his own that’s able to go toe to toe with other legendaries and the prospect that Go didn’t get Suicune by his strength as a trainer but instead because of others doing the heavy lifting of weakening it. Kinda like how the writers used Gary after the Orange League and Battle Frontier to humble Ash and show that he still had a way to go even after making such accomplishments.

Personally, I’m kinda hoping that it has the opposite effect as a means of humbling Go especially with the combination of the fact that Tsurugi has a legendary Pokémon of his own that’s able to go toe to toe with other legendaries and the prospect that Go didn’t get Suicune by his strength as a trainer but instead because of others doing the heavy lifting of weakening it. Kinda like how the writers used Gary after the Orange League and Battle Frontier to humble Ash and show that he still had a way to go even after making such accomplishments.
Goh earned Suicune. If anything is going to humble Goh, it isn't him being called out on how he got Suicune. He knows very well already that Legendaries aren't easy to catch, thanks to Zapdos.

Goh earned Suicune. If anything is going to humble Goh, it isn't him being called out on how he got Suicune. He knows very well already that Legendaries aren't easy to catch, thanks to Zapdos.
Go threw a pokeball at an already weakened Pokémon. That’s not exactly something that presents that he’s on par with the challenges that he’d face in Project Mew hence why by comparison, it’s not impressive. That’s like saying that because a blue belt knocked down their sensei after he’s exhausted from a rigorous fight that they’re on par with a black belt. A feat may seem impressive in a vacuum but context of it matters.

Satoshi only wants to root for Gou.
Meaning that if he goes to the Trials, he won't do anything.

Bystanding by Gou or being his cheering squad.
It'd have been better if he didn't tag along in today's episode.

Yet he helped Goh to get his in the latest episode! Why wouldn't he be interested? I know he's participating in the World Coronation Series, but...he befriended several Mythical and Legendary Pokémon before!
Yea but this being a group whose goal is finding Mew, it’s more up his alley aligning with his goal vs Ash’s. Ash gets to experience the adventures of the tasks but it’s Go whose tasks they are.

I don't get it. I know Ash is more focused on his goal to become a Pokémon Master and is participating in the World Coronation Series in Pokémon Journeys, but he's also (and currently) acting as a research fellow at the Cerise Laboratory along with Goh.
Goh wants to catch every Pokémon, even though evolving them also fill the Pokédex. Among them is the Mythical Pokémon Mew, but it's extremely rare and elusive. Plus, it is said that it will only show itself to a person who is pure of heart, so how could Goh befriend it?

In today's episode Satoshi reaffirmed that he just wants to support Gou.

And we need to admit that he was just there and his only highlight was being wrecked by Regice.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom