• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Project Mew

What are they planning for the reserves...

1. Maybe the staff has deemed Satoshi's current team a failure and are turning to them to fix that.
  2. Nostalgia, fanservice.
Said that. I prefer the reserves, at least they felt like a real team in their generations.

I doubt Ash will be using his reserves consistently from this point onward so it’s probably the latter. I‘m going to guess that Infernape is the only one he actually uses while the rest are cameos.

1. Maybe the staff has deemed Satoshi's current team a failure and are turning to them to fix that.
Said that. I prefer the reserves, at least they felt like a real team in their generations.
You actually listed the exact reasons why Ash SHOULD NOT use his reserves. Going to Ash's reserves instead of properly developing the current team is more lazy and terrible writing than what they've already been doing. At that point, they would practically be admitting that they don't know what they're doing and again-are TOO LAZY to actually write some development. The Journeys team has perfectly good characterization-they just aren't doing anything with it.

They're quirky. I give them that.

But the staff is lazy/stingy.
And the same ones that admitted not knowing what to do with Satoshi, so they're just limiting him to being forgetful/ditzy.

Its Mach Punch. Infernapes hand isn't yellow (Which is how the elemental punches are portrayed)

Another funny observation
Charizard vs Articuno
Torkoal vs Registeel
Talonflame vs Moltres and Zapdos
Infernape vs Moltres

Quilava out there being jealous as the only fire type not having fought a legendary (Incineroar doesn't count, since Quilava doesn't know Incineroar yet).

Edit: Oh no... just remembered Pignite is a thing.
I meant Iris’s Dragonite

Maybe they’re just reintroducing them so they can be used for the Masters 8 Tournament at the end of the series? Though, I could see Infernape and some of Ash’s other Sinnoh Pokémon come back again around the time BDSP comes out.

I guess that's possible. It would still be kind of strange to bring back his reserves after giving Ash a mostly fully evolved team in this series. Why bother giving Ash Pokemon like Dragonite and Gengar fully evolved if they wanted him to eventually rely on reserves too? I know that they're highly popular and marketable Pokemon, but it just seems odd to give Ash evolved Pokemon right at the start of the series only for them to then rely on his reserves for the end of the series too.

I really doubt that he'll be using his reserves consistently in the future, so it's most likely going to be just fanservice. We don't have any indication that Ash is going to use anyone besides Infernape here either. I also doubt that they'd consider his current team a failure, especially when I don't think that the only viable solution for Ash's team is to bring back his older Pokemon anyway.

If infernape is coming back i can see greninja coming back as well tbh. Super excited and this makes want to watch the 5 episodes i missed
Yeah. Gekkouga will return.
Since they haven't done anything related to its curious placement in the original poster.

INFERNAPE! Mah boi! That monkey was my childhood!...oh, and tons of Ash’s other Pokémon, to. That’s also swell! Hopefully, they become involved in this series outside of a few episodes; now that Ash is getting further into the PWC, he’ll need some of his old friends to help him out! And everything else is so hype, to! (I hope the dude having an Urshifu doesn’t mean there won’t be an Isle of Armor arc, though; I want Klara and Avery in this show so darn much.)

...ok, let’s be honest with ourselves for a second. This stuff is all really cool, but when the episodes drop, they’re gonna do SOMEthing that makes people hate them. Either that, or people will twist what happens in them or make stuff up about them and THEN hate them, because that’s what’s been happening for at least 75% of the series.

Still, it’s nice to be so excited for the anime again! I’m not expecting all of these episodes to fully live up to the hype, but here’s hoping.

Interesting how they’re going with Kantonian Moltres as opposed to Galarian considering it looks like they’re going to the Crown Tundra.

tbh, the Kantonian Moltres appears in Kanto anyways. Possibly they want to let Kantonian Articuno appear before CT as well (A possibility, but a small one, based on this preview).

OMG After so long I'm hyped for the anime again. The Isshu team coming back (even if for cameos only), Iris wearing her B2W2 Champion outfit, Shigeru seemingly joining the team, etc etc... I needed this kind of hype to finally go back to watch it weekly.

I still wish Serena'd come back, well there might still be time for this.

As always, these special reviews have plenty of exciting stuff in them, and this one is no different. More info regarding the Iris episode is nice, with confirmation that Dracovish will be participating in the battle (which implies that it will at least be a 2 vs 2, with Iris likely using her Axew or its evolved form) and Iris will be using her Champion outfit (which implies that she is a Champion by now, but I'll wait for confirmation regarding that). We also finally get a sneak peek to Gary's appearances in upcoming episode(s), and it's nice to see that he also has his Electivire with him. Seems like we're also getting more stuff involving legendaries as well as stuff from SWSH's DLC, which is quite exciting.

With all that said, the biggest surprise here is definitely seeing Ash's reserves again. It's great that we're finally seeing Ash interacting with his Pokemon at Oak's ranch again. Sure, we've already seen Ash revisit Oak's ranch in Sun and Moon, but he only interacted with Bulbasaur, Muk and Tauros in that episode, with minor cameos from Totodile and Corpish. We've also seen Ash visit his Alolan team again in this series, but their interactions in that episode were brief and they've only had a short absence since their last appearances in the previous season anyway. As for the scenes in this preview, not only will Ash be interacting with many of his reserves (including his Kalos Pokemon that we haven't seen since the end of the XY&Z season), but it seems like he'll also be temporarily adding Infernape to his party, which I am super hyped about. So... yeah, this is a pretty exciting preview of what's to come in the next few episodes.

I wonder if Mr. Deserves Better and Legendwott will appear alongside GOD to promote BDSP
Wait, who is who? I assume Legendwott is Oshawott, but "Mr. Deserves Better" applies to so many of Ash's old Pokémon.

Well, I was writing that and then I realized that maybe... you mean Legends: Arceus? So it would be Quillava, Oshawott and Rowlet, right?

It would be stupid for Infernape (and the reserves) to be a one episode/arc thing.
Even if they don't show up consistently, it has to be often. Some of Ash's Pokemon haven't been seen since 2013, at the end of the Unova Saga when they took that big group photo. So imagine you're a new viewer who started in Kalos or Alola and you see him with these 'new' Pokemon from his past adventures. YOu'll likely be interested and wanna see what these guys can do.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom