• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Promises of Snow - BW Fanfiction

P
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

All these memories are returning to me… Could I really be in love again?

Non-canon events between BW and B2W2
with some Sinnoh in it
!
Last edited:
Intro/Chapter 1

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
(This is a rewrite of something I made in 2021, a year and three quarters before joining the site. Ah yes, a story written in first-person. And from the female BW protag’s perspective no less.)
(This song has lyrics from Promise by Kohmi Hirose, aka the Geddan song. Considering the year it released, it seems to fit Gen 1 more than Gen 5, but who cares at this point lmao)
——
It’s been a year since defeating the champion of Unova, and since disbanding Team Plasma, and catching Reshiram. Since that day, I didn’t know what else to do. It seemed like everything was… over. But then one night, last night, in my sleep, I remembered… the mysterious person that I met in Accumula Town… that day. I’ve had a rather strange feeling inside of me since that day. And I’ve only been aware of it now…

Chapter 1 - Continuation of Dreams
The beginning of love and the continuation of dreams
Surely, with you…

[January 5, 2012]

One year… It’s been a little over a year, since defeating the Unova champion Alder. I’ve gotten way stronger since… especially with my best buddy Emboar.
I also caught the vast white legendary Pokémon Reshiram and got to fly on it and explore all sorts of places in Unova, as well as the Sinnoh region, where I met my friend Dawn. Ever since that day, the day I caught Reshiram, I don’t know what else to do with my life. While staying at a Pokémon Center in Castelia City, while I was asleep, I remembered something… no, someone, who left with the other dragon: Zekrom.

I didn’t have any plans to take the Zekrom anyway. Don’t get me wrong, I like Zekrom, but…anyway. One of my friends I met over a year ago in Accumula Town…N…took off with it.

Ever since meeting in Accumula Town, I’ve had a strange feeling inside of me. Something I’ve experienced before, but never realized affected me. I wasn’t aware of that before, but now I am. Let’s just say I experienced the art of “being madly in love but not knowing why or how it happened”.

Was I…really falling in love again…?

When this happened, I didn’t know what to do. I ended up making a promise to myself, “I’ll find him, and when I do, I’ll tell him…everything. This feeling has to be addressed.

Starting today, my brand-new journey begins.
——
(OMG I’m so sorry the chapter’s that short. The next chapter is much longer, and I plan to post that tomorrow!…If I can wait until tomorrow, that is! ^^ Hope you enjoyed and as always, reviews are welcome! See ya~)

It may be short, but it sure does leave an impact! I really like this small start, showing a sliver of the MC's feelings of love and it's really cute! Can't wait to see more from this!

Chapter 2
Thanks! In fact, here’s the second chapter (13 hours after the first, wow-)!
——
Chapter 2 - On The Ferris Wheel With You…
The cold north wind season draws us closer together
These feelings of love spill over from our joined hands
When I press the ‘warm’ button on the coffee vending machine
A light is lit in my heart”

[December 26, 2011, flashback]

Well, Christmas’s come and gone. And now it’s super cold. Of course. And I was freezing to death. I got myself a blanket and sat by the fireplace. That’s what anyone would do, right?

[January 5, 2012, current]

Now it’s 2012. Not as cold as December, but still cold.

“Aaaah! I’m so cold…I’m gonna become an iceberg if all of this cold doesn’t stop!”

On my way to Nimbasa City, which I went to because I got nothing better to do, I pulled my coat from my bag and put it on. Then, I saw it. Ah yes, the Ferris wheel. It brings back too many memories.

Memories of me and N, holding hands, and headed to that Ferris Wheel. The city was dark, their colorful lights were on, and the moon was glimmering in the night sky. All of it made it seem as if I was in a dream-like state. He gets on the Ferris Wheel first, then he helped me on the ride, my hand meeting his. We sat opposite of each other as the PokéBall cart slowly lifted from the ground. Things were like a dream come true. I gazed at the moon, admiring its unrestrained beauty, then at N, his deep blue-gray eyes glittering in the moonlight. Bright red met my cheeks unexpectedly, while I secretly wished that he could give me what I desired. My first kiss. I asked him if I could sit next to him, unleashing the first part of my plan. He accepted, my cheeks becoming more vibrant at time went on.

Because he had zero idea what a “first kiss” was, I decided it would be easier if I just made the first move. So I leaned in, my eyes getting lost in his, and as soon as our lips were about to connect, that was when he said the most shocking thing.

“Hilda…I have to tell you…I’m the King of Team Plasma.”

I back away from him, my eyes widen by the shock of this, and my mouth is agape. “T-Team…Plasma…?”

I didn’t trust Team Plasma, and I still don’t. But how, just how…could I not trust this guy? How could I not stop myself from making this mistake. I let myself get led on by him. This was wrong.

My suspicions were confirmed the day he left. I was pretty much unable to tell him…how I felt…what my dream was…all of it…As soon as he was out of sight, I tried. I tried my best to keep a straight face. But I failed… My legs quivered. My body became weak. Tears began to form in my eyes. Before I knew it, I found myself on the ground, both my knees having a very strong pressure against it. My voice was breaking, even when I tried to hold on. I was sobbing, my face buried in my hands.

I was usually an average to strong girl, but how? How did a person like that…like me, become super weak? The answer. It was right in front of my face. It was love. I loved him. Deep down, I knew he loved me, too. But maybe…he couldn’t bring himself to tell me. If N wasn’t King of Team Plasma, we likely wouldn’t have met. Him being part of Team Plasma was both a good thing, and a bad thing.

Being part of an evil team, and making me fall in love with him. N strung me along, and now I’m traumatized. I don’t know if the wounds will ever be able to heal…But I’m fine. I should be fine.

When I arrived at the Ferris Wheel, I tried to get on it, but there was a sign. “There must be two people to ride.” I didn’t have anyone to go on there with. Who was I kidding?

I sat on the bench, looking up at the cold, yet vibrant blue sky, somewhat upset that I couldn’t go to the Ferris Wheel by myself. Why does there have to be two people or more?” That was when I heard a voice. “Is this seat taken?”

I looked down and noticed…it was him. It actually was. As before, a bright red filled my cheeks. “N-No, not at all,” I was so nervous, I could only stutter. How can I not stutter? “That Ferris Wheel brings back memories, doesn’t it?” “Uh, y-yeah. I came ‘cause I was bored…! Y-yeah! Got bored, but… I didn’t think you’d be here and…y’know, surprise me.”

“It’s been quite a long time since I’ve been in this region.”

“Oh, so you have left the region then? Do you realize how worried I was?! Be lucky I didn’t tell an Officer Jenny!”

“I’m so sorry for leaving you, Hilda.”

“I-It’s fine, N…” I take a deep breath. “Alright, where have you been?”

The weather was getting colder. So cold that even my coat wasn’t enough to shield me from the cold.

“I went to this interesting region called Sinnoh. Um… did you know there’s two Pokémon who control time and space.”

“Time and space? Those must be…”

“Dialga and Palkia. Yes.”

“I’m sure I’ve heard those names before. Wait! One of my friends, Dawn, lives in Sinnoh. She probably encountered the two Pokémon before!”

“That’s good.

A Cinccino frantically ran up to N and spoke to him, and I assume it said something bad was happening, because N told it, “That’s not good.” He turns to me, asking me to come with him, and I accept. He takes me by the hand as we run several minutes to Icirrus City. I’m out of breath as we arrive.

There’s this Pokémon called Kyurem, Dragon and Ice type Pokémon. Kyurem’s eyes are not really blue, but glowing red. It seems to be brainwashed… and it’s attacking the town, the Moor of Icirrus, and other surrounding towns. I walk up to it and get ready to throw my PokéBall to send out Emboar, but N stops me. “Touko… You don’t have to.”

Instead, he walks up to Kyurem, trying to reason with it. I should’ve expected it wouldn’t work.

“It didn’t work, huh?” “No, Kyurem is still angry.”

Then, this weird Pokémon with a purple body, pink hair, a few gold rings, and green eyes comes out of nowhere. It must be the mythical Pokémon Hoopa. It came from nowhere, and warped us and our Pokémon to a weird new world.

It seemed even colder than before. In fact, not only did it get colder, but there’s also a blizzard.
——
(Yay Sinnoh! As usual, thanks for reading and all reviews welcome!)

Last edited:
More Promises of Snow! I'm developing a liking for these almost diary entry mixed with story-like description, which works out really well here. Another enjoyable chapter for sure

Chapter 3
Aaand here’s Chapter 3! Couldn’t wait to get this out ^^
——
Chapter 3 - Together in a Winter Night
Get down
It’s a trembling spinning shaking painful feeling
We’re asleep together in winter land
I’m looking just at you
And you’re looking just at me
Making a pledge for tomorrow

I woke up to N looking at me, asking if I’m okay. “Hey! Touko. Are you okay?” I might’ve been knocked unconscious, but N and the Pokémon were okay. “Think so…” The moment I tried to get up, my leg started to hurt. Not only have I hurt my knee, but I think it’s also twisted.

“Touko, what happened?”

“I don’t know. Must’ve been the fall… I’m fine, right?”

“No. Your knee is hurting. I’ll help.”

He asked Deerling to use Aromatherapy to rid me of pain.

“Thanks, Deerling.” Pretty soon, a snowstorm began on a journey to us. Evidenced by how it started raining. “…?” “Is it raining? Wait…” I spotted something. “Umm, N! I think I can see something over there.”

“It’s a cave. The snowstorm’s getting worse… Come on.” N makes his way to its entrance as I follow.

“Alright then, return! Emboar and Deerling.” I got my Emboar and Deerling to go back inside their PokéBalls.

We were in the cave for quite a long time. After some time training my Pokémon, along with running a lot, I got so tired that I ended up falling asleep. Running from Nimbasa City to Icirrus City, then being teleported across the globe? That was almost enough to drain me of my energy.

What I didn’t except was… as I laid down, my head was in N’s lap. I didn’t realize it until then. My face became red.

Holding tightly to a heart burning with love
While enveloped in the snow that’s falling hard
I’ll love you forever, love you more than today
For always eternal love

About four hours later, when I awoke, my head was laying on something hard. I then realized my head was no longer on his lap, rather it was on the ground. I wonder what happened Deerling, who kind of knew what happened, told me that bad things have happened to N. “Wh-what?”

This worried me. A lot. Frantically, I began to put on my boots and hat, grab my bag, and quickly send Deerling to its PokéBall. This is when I see something on the ground. I didn’t realize what it was until I took a closer look. “Is this…?”

N’s cube was still here. He normally carries it with him all the time but… “The cube’s still here. I think he left that here by mistake.” I get a Fresh Water from my bag to remove the cap and then dump it on the fire, putting it out. I put my coat on, then my bag (with the now empty bottle) and then his cube.

I run out of the cave to search for N, who I think may have been kidnapped, although he’s only 17. Some seconds later, it occurs to me that my clothes are slightly torn, aside from this coat I’ve been wearing. I go back into the cave to change into a new outfit, this one’s something that Mom packed. The outfit was a long-sleeve dress with bows, lace petticoat, and boots. I replaced my cap with a white bow and…for some reason I don’t know… a tiara. After exiting the cave yet again, I just felt so different. I felt like…I was in a fairytale…I looked just like the damsel in distress in fairytales, but we can get to that later.
——
Outfit change because why not lmao, and the team she has is based on my original BW team from my now/since deleted Black save (and then I restarted a couple of years ago and I now have my “now” team). I based most of the outfit off of one I saw her dressed in on a fanart from 2011 (said fanart was also part of a FWS fanfic).

Chapter 4
So sorry to keep you waiting~ I wasn’t able to get the fourth chapter out yesterday, so here it is!
——
Chapter 4 - The Silver Ring of Peace
I’ll hold it dear
This silver ring that joins me to my future
I’ll always keep this proof of love safe
Your gentle smile is like a ‘warm blanket’
That sends my sadness to sleep

My Xtransceiver began ringing. “Hm?” I tap on the screen and it was Dawn on the end of the line.

“Hi, Dawn!” “Touko, how’s it going?” “Well… it was going well until… N ran off.” Dawn gasped. “He ran off? No wonder he’s at Team Galactic’s labs.” “He’s…where?!” “Yep… heard about their plan to steal Kyurem… they’re collaborating with Team Plasma to take control of it… and make it work for them… I think Team Plasma’s trying to get N back on their side…?” “It can’t be… How could they be doing this?!” Dawn shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not sure. Wait… Are you…?”

“I-I’m not blushing!” I try to hide my blush. Dawn giggles. “Don’t tell me. He’s your boyfriend? Or is he going to be your boyfriend soon?”

At this point, I can’t even speak properly, and I’m starting to stutter. “Uh, y-yep, maybe…? I-I don’t know…” “Alright, if I remember correctly, their base is in Veilstone City. We have to hurry, if you want to save N.” “R-right…!” Dawn hangs up.

I’m still nervous, but manage to get my bearings together. I’m bent on saving my green-haired beloved from those bad, terrible people. As I began walking to Veilstone City, I think to myself, “It’s like those damsel in distress fairytales, only… the roles are reversed, so I’m not the damsel in distress. He is…” I start to get cold, so I send out Reshiram.

“Reshiram, take me to Veilstone City.”

Get down
I don’t care if it’s a lie or dream or the present
This winter night we’re spending together
Kiss me gently and make a wish on a star
And forget about the past

Now we’re there. Veilstone City. Just my luck. It’s covered in snow, too. Guess this means I get to keep my jacket on. It’s funny because I also really like this jacket.

Anyway, where could the Team Galactic HQ be?

I hear a voice. “Touko, you made it!” It’s Dawn. “Let’s go!”

“Right!” Dawn and I walk in, demanding Galactic will give back N and all those Pokémon. “Team Plasma, you win’t get away with this! Give back those Pokémon!” “And Touko’s boyfriend!” What Dawn said made me blush and get nervous yet again. “D-Dawn…!” But… as persistent as they were, they refused. “No way! We’re gonna use Kyurem to turn the whole region, and the rest of the world, into ice! Unova’s already been done!”

“…I’ve had enough!” I shout. I didn’t expect it. “Dawn, could you battle Team Galactic while I rescue N?” “On it!” I run off, in search of N, as Dawn battles. “Alright, it’s time! Let’s go for it, Empoleon and Lopunny!”

Meanwhile, I snuck into the holding area, where N was. It was pretty tough, but I manage to free him along with three Pokémon.

A member of Team Galactic notices. “Hey… kid! Do you not realize what you’re doing? That’s our test subject!” “I don’t care!”

A double battle starts. I realize N has virtually no Pokémon. “N… Would you like to borrow one of mine?” I asked him, holding out a PokéBall with Vanilluxe inside. I didn’t expect him to take the PokéBall. He sent it out as I sent out Emboar.

“Oh, it’s on now. Go, Emboar, use Heat Crash!”

Softly stroke my hair, my love
The words you whisper well up in my heart
For always, eternal love

Meanwhile, after Dawn finished her battle, she decides to find the off switch for whatever is controlling Kyurem. She stumbles upon a cord. A cord connected to a large machine controlling Kyurem. Then she unplugs it, turning it off. Kyurem’s eyes are no longer glowing red, and is calm.

While N as I are battling, the red light has turned off. “Did Dawn do that?” I think to myself. “She must have…” I turn to the Galactic Grunts. “Oh, now where were we?”

After that battle, the place is about to explode. Dawn ran to us. “Uh, guys? This place is about to blow up, sky high! We might wanna get out of here!” She’s right. I grab N’s hand as we run out of the building, as Dawn follows. The Pokémon leave and the Team Galactic Grunts leave as well. By now, all is out of the building as it explodes. I’m so glad no nearby buildings were harmed.
——
Woah, we’re almost there, woah-oh!

Thanks for reading, criticisms welcome, and the final chapter either tonight or tomorrow!

Finally! Chapter 5 out! After procrastinating for three days, I’m finally posting it!
——
The snow has faded everywhere but Snowpoint City. Dawn looks at the city and responds, “This was… That was scary, huh?” I smile. “Of course! We almost died! I’m so glad we made it out alive, right, N?” N nods. Soon after that, we got some coffee. We were all freezing cold. A bit later, it was time for Dawn to leave.

“Thank you Dawn…for the plan. We saved all of those Pokémon… we stopped Team Galactic and Plasma’s plan… we saved Kyurem…” Before continuing, I blushed. “We saved N.”

“Ahaha, it’s nothing… Besides, I saw you and N battle side by side. Never seen that before!” “Dawn…?” “Hm?”

“We should battle! The next time we meet, of course!”

Dawn nods. “I’d like that!” She began to leave, but before she could, she stopped. “By the way…” She turned to N and I. “What dress do you want me to wear to the wedding?” At first, I was confused, but then I realized what she meant. This had me blushing like crazy, and I also got embarrassed. N giggled. He seemed to think it was funny. I took a deep breath and giggled. “I guess that is pretty funny, huh?”

Get down
It’s a trembling spinning shaking, painful feeling
We’re asleep together in a winter land
I’m looking just at you
You’re looking just at me
Making a pledge for tomorrow

The moment Dawn leaves, I remember that his cube’s still in my bag. “Uh, N?” I turn to N, take the cube from out of my bag, and place it in his hand. “You left this in the cave earlier, didn’t you?” “Hm? Oh, right! This! I’m so sorry, Touko. You see, I heard this noise outside, so I left to check it out, and a few people with greenish hair showed up and kidnapped me for no reason…”

“Well I, for one, am so glad you’re safe, N…” As I embraced him, the same Pokémon from before sent us back to Unova.

“Hm? Wh-where are we? It’s…” N looks around. “I think we’re back in Unova…” “I see…” “Well, I should be off… Until then!” As soon as N began to leave, I spoke. “Um… N?” N turned around.

“This might sound crazy, but… I wanted to tell you something a few years ago, but…” “Hm?” I take a deep breath. “N, listen to me. I… I… I like you… okay? I like you a LOT more than all of those Pokémon Musicals I was in. More than all eight Gym Badges I’ve earned. Even more than the bag I’m wearing…”

Hearing my words, his eyes widen. “Hilda…?” “It’s fine, N, I know. What I’m saying can come off as confusing, but all I wanted was to tell you about these feelings for you…feelings I have…” “Hilda… if I’m being honest, I… feel that way about you as well…” A moment of silence.

“Y-You do?” I couldn’t believe what I heard. Oh great. Thanks to what he said just now, things start to get uneasy. My eyes start to well up with tears, my body begins to tremble, and my voice is starting to break somewhat. N nods quietly, then takes notice of my reaction. “Touko…? Are you…okay?” The tears start running down my cheeks. I sob. “I shouldn’t be like this… I really shouldn’t… I don’t know why I’m like this… I feel weak. I wanna be positive, but I…” I struggle to speak through the sobs. “It won’t stop…”

As N pulls me into his embrace, he lends me his shoulder to cry on. “Let it out, Touko, you have been through a lot.” I break down. “It’ll be fine… I promise I won’t leave you again, okay? And the next time I do leave, you can come. Would that be okay?”

For a few seconds, I manage to say something. “N… I would like that more than anything…!”

Holding tightly to a heart burning with love
While enveloped in the snow that’s falling hard
For always, eternal love
Softly stroke my hair, my love
The words you whisper well up in my heart
For always, eternal love

Well I guess we’re dating now. Reshiram’s weak at the moment, so N offers to take me for a ride on Zekrom. We both get on and Zekrom soars through the sky. I’m sitting behind N, my arms around his waist, my tears drying rather quickly. He spoke to me after less than a minute. “How are you enjoying the ride… princess?” I then realized he was talking about my outfit, and I blushed. I blushed a lot. “I…I like it…” “That’s good.”
This was probably the best adventure I ever had, since the day I disbanded Team Plasma.
——
Finally, it’s done! As always, thanks for reading and all reviews welcome! ^^

Nice! I really dont like Ferris wheel shipping personally, but your Fic? It’s actually kinda cute ngl.. if it’s like this I can put up with it (no hate to you for shipping it, it’s just me)
Yeah I aged him down to 17 and her up to 16 for this for reasons lol
I have a few more fanfics if you’re interested!
(I wrote this back in like 2021 then decided to rewrite it for its 2-year anniversary lolol I can’t believe it’s been that long omg)

yea in my verse hildas 14 and ns in his early 20s? yea. ill read the other fics!
I think that’s how old I thought they were two years ago (when I checked both their pages). If you want me to PM you the links (the stories) I can, unless you found them ^^

Back
Top Bottom