• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Prophecies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owain

My Sword Hand Twitches!
Reaction score
I'm sorry if a thread like this exists, but oh well. So, we're aware that some prophecies exist in the Pokémon world... but, who makes those? Seers? Psychics? And what about the prophecy of the heroes?

And what about the prophecy of the heroes?

If you're referring to the twin heroes of Unova and the Abyssal Ruins prophecy, the prophecy didn't mention the twin heroes at all. It only mentions the ancient king of the Abyssal Ruins civilization. And it's not even a prophecy, as people first suspected, but just a record of an ancient king who encountered Reshiram/Zekrom.

The whole Abyssal Ruins plot is really just a mess now because Gamefreak didn't want to expand on it at all in B2/W2. I can't even make heads or tails of it anymore.

The whole Abyssal Ruins plot is really just a mess now because Gamefreak didn't want to expand on it at all in B2/W2. I can't even make heads or tails of it anymore.

Silver lining? It makes for good fanfic fodder if anything and really it's not THAT hard to draw your own conclusions but Pokemon's known for that.

But enough of that, I imagine there were Psychics then as they are now. So yeah...

What prophecies, exactly?

People with Psychic powers (Like Sabrina she's a Psychic) mostly they seem to have Telekinesis and maybe Telepathy (Can't Sabrina talk with her pokemon telepathically?) and possibly foresight (Sabrina also said she saw Red/Lead and I think Ethan(Ethen?)/Lyra coming well before they arrived in Saffron City... so it's possible that some Psychics have made prophecies

I always thought that Xatu made the prophecies...like something in Red Rescue Team about a disaster that would end the world.

i think there is a yet to be discovered prophecy that will say that Ash will NOT win a leauge

What prophecies, exactly?

People with Psychic powers (Like Sabrina she's a Psychic) mostly they seem to have Telekinesis and maybe Telepathy (Can't Sabrina talk with her pokemon telepathically?) and possibly foresight (Sabrina also said she saw Red/Lead and I think Ethan(Ethen?)/Lyra coming well before they arrived in Saffron City... so it's possible that some Psychics have made prophecies

Yet this does not answer the question "What prophecies, exactly?" which was directed at the statement: "So, we're aware that some prophecies exist in the Pokémon world..."

But again, I am not aware of any such prophecies. I did not ask if "it's possible that some Psychics have made prophecies". I'm not asking of what is possible, I am asking of what exists.

Ok, let me (try) to clarify what I meant:

I wanted to know not about one specific prophecy, but simply about the subjects of prophecies in the Pokémon world, mainly about who makes those, I know of the one in the Abyssal Ruins, the ones in the Mystery Dungeon series, but I'd just like to know if just regular people can foresee things in the pokémon universe, or if yiu need to be a particularly strong psychic to do it. I believe someone [Sabrina?] says that everyone has potential for using psychic abilities, but not all people realise this.

Ok, let me (try) to clarify what I meant:

I wanted to know not about one specific prophecy, but simply about the subjects of prophecies in the Pokémon world, mainly about who makes those, I know of the one in the Abyssal Ruins, the ones in the Mystery Dungeon series, but I'd just like to know if just regular people can foresee things in the pokémon universe, or if yiu need to be a particularly strong psychic to do it. I believe someone [Sabrina?] says that everyone has potential for using psychic abilities, but not all people realise this.
Yes, and I am asking for examples of any prophecies, because you are asking about "who makes prophecies" when there is not a single instance of a verified prophecy being given. The Abyssal Ruins isn't a prophecy, and the Mystery Dungeon series is a different canon. A prophecy isn't also mere an ability to see into the future as Sabrina does, it's supposed to be a message from a divine being. There's a prophecy in the Conquest series about people who unite Ransei, and its quite clear it was created by Arceus. There is no instance of a prophecy in the main series game I could think of that even warrants the question "who makes them"? To ask "who makes them" the object in question needs to have been made, otherwise the answer is quite simple: No one.

So the question stands. Or perhaps I should reword it as "What do you mean who makes the prophecies, when the main series doesn't have any...or am I missing something?"

Indeed, you're right, I initially thought there would be enough to warrant a discussion, but after thinking it over, there's just no point, as we have no material in the main series to go on and actually start a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom