• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Protean Greninja moveset

The Rising Trainer
Reaction score
I am looking for a moveset for my prot ean greninja along with EV distrubution and item

Good Skill Have Fun!
Reaction score
You'll get a lot of answers, depending on who you ask.
I'd use something like
[email protected]'s Rock
Jolly
252 Atk/92 Def/80 Sdef/48 HP/32 Spe
Taunt/Spikes
Water Shuriken
Rock Slide
U-Turn

Other people favor using a special sweeper.

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
Greninja @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Protean
Timid/Modest
4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~Spikes
~Hidden Power Fire/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/U-Turn

Considering Greninja's higher Sp Atk and relatively barren physical movepool, a special sweeper set is objectively better IMO. Greninja is one of the best offensive Spikers in the game either way.

Reaction score
I agree with the poster above me. Special sweeper Greninja is the way to go. I use the same nature and ev spread but with four attacks (Hydro pump, ice beam, dark pulse, and grass knot.) One of Greninja's best attributes is its coverage so be sure to take advantage of it.

Good Skill Have Fun!
Reaction score
Again, I maintain that no two people can agree on which set to use(Similar to Aegislash in that respect.). There is no clear-cut set that is "superior" to all others, it depends on what role you want it to fill. It's extremely versatile in that aspect. It can be a sweeper(Special, Physical, even mixed), a support mon, it's by far the fastest Spiker, it can even spinblock(note: not a good idea, you need very accurate prediction, and it's quite frail.)! It's a matter of what role you want it to fill that determines what set you should use.