• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Protean Greninja moveset

Icestar649

The Rising Trainer
Reaction score
I am looking for a moveset for my prot ean greninja along with EV distrubution and item

You'll get a lot of answers, depending on who you ask.
I'd use something like
Greninja@King's Rock
Jolly
252 Atk/92 Def/80 Sdef/48 HP/32 Spe
Taunt/Spikes
Water Shuriken
Rock Slide
U-Turn

Other people favor using a special sweeper.

Greninja @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Protean
Timid/Modest
4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~Spikes
~Hidden Power Fire/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/U-Turn

Considering Greninja's higher Sp Atk and relatively barren physical movepool, a special sweeper set is objectively better IMO. Greninja is one of the best offensive Spikers in the game either way.

I agree with the poster above me. Special sweeper Greninja is the way to go. I use the same nature and ev spread but with four attacks (Hydro pump, ice beam, dark pulse, and grass knot.) One of Greninja's best attributes is its coverage so be sure to take advantage of it.

Again, I maintain that no two people can agree on which set to use(Similar to Aegislash in that respect.). There is no clear-cut set that is "superior" to all others, it depends on what role you want it to fill. It's extremely versatile in that aspect. It can be a sweeper(Special, Physical, even mixed), a support mon, it's by far the fastest Spiker, it can even spinblock(note: not a good idea, you need very accurate prediction, and it's quite frail.)! It's a matter of what role you want it to fill that determines what set you should use.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom