• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pseudo Legendaries (Gen 8 version)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
With the recent release of Sword and Shield and thus, the start of Generation 8, this kind of thread is back to reflect the new addition to the roster of fully-evolved Pseudo Legendaries. So which of the 9 is your favorite?

Xou0v7p.png

Image put together by @Rainbow Cloud.

I like all pseudos quite a bit, though if I had to rank them:
  1. Hydreigon
  2. Garchomp
  3. Tyranitar
  4. Kommo-o
  5. Salamence
  6. Dragonite
  7. Metagross
  8. Dragapult
  9. Goodra

I like all the pseudo legendaries for being overpowered and having cool designs but if I had ti say something I wouldn't vote for, it would definitely be Garchomp. I feel like it's the weakest of them all and has less versatility.

Darn, I like all of them, it's so hard to pick a favorite. Tyranitar and Metagross I guess would have to share first place in my book. Tyranitar because it's like freakin' Godzilla and a perfect foil to Dragonite, and Metagross because a four-legged psychic supercomputer resembling a robot just sounds epic! Also these two are probably the most unique do to not being Dragon types.

Love all of them, but my favourites are Salamence for its simple yet cool design and high attacking stats and Speed, and Tyranitar and Metagross for being unique for pseudo-legendaries. Overall, my ranking is: Salamence>Tyranitar>Metagross>Dragonite>Garchomp>Goodra>Hydreigon>Dragapult>Kommo-o.

Well... i have only 3 i truly like, so lets rank them based on a top 10 (Or top 9)
1. Goodra (I like Goodra as it stands out amongst the others for being the only single typed Psuedo Legendary and its also versatile - it has a job and does the job)
2. Metagross (I have liked Metagross from the start, even when its so hard to obtain, which increased its Psuedo status even more).
3. Tyranitar (I like Tyranitars design a lot, but what helped was its Mega design)
4. Dragonite (The first Dragon and first Psuedo, i don't hate, i feel neutral towards it)
5. Salamence (Imo, its a discount Dragonite because both are Dragon Flying)
6. Hydreigon (While i like Hydreigons concept, i feel its a tad overdesigned)
7. Garchomp (Like Gible and Gabite, don't like Garchomp, especially since its the second Psuedo back-to-back thats quad weak to Ice and the third overall)
8. Dragapult (I have never seen the appeal in Dragapult, it just looks weird)
9. Kommo-o (Way to overdesigned and its Dragon/Fighting typing doesn't help, especially the generation after they introduced the Dragon Destroyer type)

1. Dragapult: What else can I ask for? This Dragon has my favorite type, Ghost :love:, and we already know that if we combine Dragon with Ghost we only get amazing designs (Just look at Giratina).

2. Goodra: It's without a doubt the most adorable of the group, and the anime just make me love it more :bulbaLove:. Such a shame that it didn't appear more :(.

3. Hydreigon: As with Ghost, if you combine Dragon with Dark you can only get badass designs, and Hydreigon is a perfect example :cool:.

4. Dragonite: Another cutie, I have to admit that I ignored it for a long time in favor of Dragonair until I used Dragonite in Unova, now I love the whole line. And Ash's Dragonite make me love it more.

5. Garchomp: It has an amazing design but I have to admit that I was indifferent to it the first time I saw it, but I grew fond of it when I used it in Sinnoh. One of my favorites pokémon to use in battle.

6. Salamence: An excellent pokémon to use in battle.

7. Metagross: It has an amazing design but I like the others more, in fact I like its design better than Salamence's, but Salamence is higher because I prefer it in battle.

8. Tyranitar: It has a good and intimidating design but is not my style.

9. Kommo-o: I find its design overloaded, I love its dance in the games when it performs its Z-Move but it's the only Pseudo-legendary that I wasn't eager to use.

Last edited:
Kommo-o is my favorite pseudo legend.The overloaded design is what I like about it, and it performed really well for me in the Battle Tree. I’m still angry it had it’s signature move nerfed.
Also, Goodra is just a huggable, slimy monster. What’s not to like? (It should be given a Mega, though).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom