• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pseudo Legendaries (Gen 8 version)

Tyranitar's my favorite pseudo. It's freaking Godzilla, after all. I do that Hydreigon (my second-favorite pseudo; it's another Kaijumon, based on none other than Ghidorah) is in the lead, but I'm kind of shocked Dragonite's beating Garchomp, Kommo-o, Metagross and Tyranitar. Dragonite's the worst pseudo IMO, it completely ruins the line.

They're all fine, but I don't think any of them ever really leapt out to me until Kommo-o and Dragapult. Jangmo-o is just a really spectacular, 10/10 design and its evolutions are pretty solid too, and introduced a new type combination. I've had fun using Kommo-o in the games, and it's one of the more accessible ones in terms of evolution levels.

Dragapult on the other hand is such a unique blend of cool and absurd. I love that it has such a sleek head on top of an awkward axolotl-ish body, and I can't say anything that hasn't already been praised about the Dreepy missiles. Although on that note, I really like how its signature move pays off on that whole idea. Good integration of concept and mechanics.

Garchomp's pretty cool too, I'd probably put it a notch above the others, but below the above two.

Story time. For the longest time, I avoided pseudos because I thought they were too powerful, but as someone that likes dragons, I decided to allow myself to use them, although at the time, non-pseudo dragons did exist. I was still not letting myself use pokemon I would've liked. With that all cleared up, I've used nearly all of them. Dragonite remains a favorite because I came in at the end of the first gen. Salamence is the same thing, but more fierce looking, and Goodra is special oriented instead of physical. Don't get me wrong, I do like Tyranitar as well, even though it's Rock/Dark, but it's still neat looking regardless.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom