• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

PSMD Special: Should One Happen?

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Okay so we just got Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon released and as we know, some of the past games have gotten their own anime specials. Red and Blue got its own special, while Time and Sky got two parts. Gates of Infinity even got its own very short. Would anyone like it if PSMD got its own special?

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
The game came out over two months ago. If there was going to be any kind of animated special then it would have come out by now.

Last edited:
The Force is Strong with This One.
Reaction score
It would be fun to see a episode about this game....

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
It doesn't mean there's still a possibility, considering some regions haven't gotten the game yet, like Europe. I'm surprised though that we haven't at least gotten a 5 minute special. It would be nice to see one, though. I imagine something along the lines of the hero being a Pikachu and the partner being a Chespin, since the personality of the partner really fits a Chespin well. The partner in PSMD and Clemont's Chespin actually have a very similar personality.

Puppetry! Yay!
Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt it's happening :(

It would feel awkward for the all the other Mystery Dungeon games to have an animated work while this one didn't, especially since they were pretty good, IMHO.

However, PMD itself isn't very popular anymore. Heck, I'm a little surprised Super happened. And, of course, Gamefreak & Nintendo self-sabatoge themselves like they almost always do by getting people excited by Main Series games while barely saying anything about the side ones.

Almost no one noticed PSMD's Japanese release because they were too busy talking about GO; then almost no one noticed the American release because they were too busy talking about Gen 1 Virtual Console release. And, of course, terrible marketing, or lack thereof, as well as how many PokeFans seem to turn their noses at the side games. Sometimes I wonder why Gamefreak even bothers :confused:

While I always love something different, interesting, and deeper outside the misadventures of Ash-tachii and the TRio, it's becoming increasingly apparent we won't get it from Super Mystery Dungeon :cry:

Last edited:
more afraid of you
Reaction score
It doesn't seem likely, but I think it could be really fun if it did, because the storyline in this game is pretty interesting. I would like to see them do the school portion of the story in a special and then maybe end the special at when you join the expedition society. I really doubt it because it seems too late, but it would be really awesome.

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
Pokemon side games seem to fall into the "you get them or you don't" realm, depending on what aspects attract you to the main games (Snap and Hey You, Pikachu being the biggest examples of the phenomenon). As for a special, it would be nice, but in a way I find it somewhat unfulfilling when a game gets a 10-20 minute special that only covers a fraction of the story. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't get as much out of them as I would like. I guess that indicates they have a shorter useful lifespan.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I'll be interested in a psmd special. It sounds fun and worth watching.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer
Reaction score
Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time Space and Sky, and Gates To Infinity all got specials. Even Ranger, Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Ranger: Guardian Signs.

But I don't think PSMD will. Otherwise they'd have made a big deal about it like they did with origins.

~Let there be...light~
Reaction score
While it's likely not to happen, I'd love one. They can animate the bit where the player and partner evolve to defeat Entei (assuming they don't animate something from the school arc). Bonus points if they use Chespin & Fennekin (the heroes of my PSMD). :D