• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PSMD Special: Should One Happen?

Reaction score
Okay so we just got Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon released and as we know, some of the past games have gotten their own anime specials. Red and Blue got its own special, while Time and Sky got two parts. Gates of Infinity even got its own very short. Would anyone like it if PSMD got its own special?

The game came out over two months ago. If there was going to be any kind of animated special then it would have come out by now.

Last edited:
It doesn't mean there's still a possibility, considering some regions haven't gotten the game yet, like Europe. I'm surprised though that we haven't at least gotten a 5 minute special. It would be nice to see one, though. I imagine something along the lines of the hero being a Pikachu and the partner being a Chespin, since the personality of the partner really fits a Chespin well. The partner in PSMD and Clemont's Chespin actually have a very similar personality.

I HIGHLY doubt it's happening :(

It would feel awkward for the all the other Mystery Dungeon games to have an animated work while this one didn't, especially since they were pretty good, IMHO.

However, PMD itself isn't very popular anymore. Heck, I'm a little surprised Super happened. And, of course, Gamefreak & Nintendo self-sabatoge themselves like they almost always do by getting people excited by Main Series games while barely saying anything about the side ones.

Almost no one noticed PSMD's Japanese release because they were too busy talking about GO; then almost no one noticed the American release because they were too busy talking about Gen 1 Virtual Console release. And, of course, terrible marketing, or lack thereof, as well as how many PokeFans seem to turn their noses at the side games. Sometimes I wonder why Gamefreak even bothers :confused:

While I always love something different, interesting, and deeper outside the misadventures of Ash-tachii and the TRio, it's becoming increasingly apparent we won't get it from Super Mystery Dungeon :cry:

Last edited:
It doesn't seem likely, but I think it could be really fun if it did, because the storyline in this game is pretty interesting. I would like to see them do the school portion of the story in a special and then maybe end the special at when you join the expedition society. I really doubt it because it seems too late, but it would be really awesome.

Pokemon side games seem to fall into the "you get them or you don't" realm, depending on what aspects attract you to the main games (Snap and Hey You, Pikachu being the biggest examples of the phenomenon). As for a special, it would be nice, but in a way I find it somewhat unfulfilling when a game gets a 10-20 minute special that only covers a fraction of the story. I'm not opposed to them, I just don't get as much out of them as I would like. I guess that indicates they have a shorter useful lifespan.

I'll be interested in a psmd special. It sounds fun and worth watching.

Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time Space and Sky, and Gates To Infinity all got specials. Even Ranger, Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Ranger: Guardian Signs.

But I don't think PSMD will. Otherwise they'd have made a big deal about it like they did with origins.

While it's likely not to happen, I'd love one. They can animate the bit where the player and partner evolve to defeat Entei (assuming they don't animate something from the school arc). Bonus points if they use Chespin & Fennekin (the heroes of my PSMD). :D

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom