• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pun me not! Guess the above pokemon.

@TouyaShiro, correct! The old riddle does refer to Braixen.

As for yours....no clue.

New #1: I was once the Pokemon of a nice little boy. However, for reasons, he threw me away. Now, when he was an adult, the truth came to light, ruining his reputation. Who am I?

New #2: In the land of two sides, I am the last to stand in your way who has kept my position. One of my Pokemon, however, did not stay the same. Which one did I trade for which?

Hints:

New #1:
There is an episode in the anime where something just like this happened to that episode's COTD

New #2:
There is a region with "2 sides". However, this does not refer to two regions being next to each other.

New #1: Again, random guess, Omastar?
New #2: Could the "2 sides" be referring to Sinnoh then? Split down the middle by Mount Coronet, into east and west, highlighted by Shellos and Gastrodon. In this case, the character would be Cynthia, who swapped out her Gastrodon from Diamond and Pearl, out for her Togekiss in Platinum.
Again, I realise that this accidentally fits all the criteria I've given, but isn't who I was intending.

"I am not a flying type, I lack wings and cannot levitate, yet I am still capable of flight, though I can't learn the move."
Here's a hint: This ability was only ever displayed in a single episode of the anime
Here's another (I'll give one more after this and then reveal my answer): The Pokemon in question is mammalian.

New #1: Again, random guess, Omastar?
New #2: Could the "2 sides" be referring to Sinnoh then? Split down the middle by Mount Coronet, into east and west, highlighted by Shellos and Gastrodon. In this case, the character would be Cynthia, who swapped out her Gastrodon from Diamond and Pearl, out for her Togekiss in Platinum.

Once again, both are incorrect.
Let's give my riddles a new twist. I'll give the answers. Try to figure out why these are the answers.

New #1: I was once the Pokemon of a nice little boy. However, for reasons, he threw me away. Now, when he was an adult, the truth came to light, ruining his reputation. Who am I?
Bulbasaur

New #2: In the land of two sides, I am the last to stand in your way to have kept my position. One of my Pokemon, however, did not stay the same. Which one did I trade for which?
Fraxure and Flygon

Still no clue about your own, though.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but let's provide one final hint for each of the riddles, to help you figure out why the answers are what they are. Time to put these to rest.

#1: I was once the Pokemon of a nice little boy. However, for reasons, he threw me away. Now, when he was an adult, the truth came to light, ruining his reputation. Who am I?
Answer: Bulbasaur
Hint: Random Images V.3

#2: In the land of two sides, I am the last to stand in your way to have kept my position. One of my Pokemon, however, did not stay the same. Which one did I trade for which?
Answer: Fraxure and Flygon
Hint: @Magearna's title

For the first one... Reverse it into Google and... wait, what?
Knowledge of the anime is completely lost on me because I don't follow it religiously, but my god.

And the second one... Once again, I'm not familiar with the anime! I'm assuming, from that, it meant the Victini movies...

With that out of the way, I'll repeat my riddle again! As I said before, this one's a recent meme, so take from what was talked about with Anniversary Crystal!
OLDEN

Twich Plays Pokémon Anniversary Crystal, the most recent run TPP has done (as of this post, their next one is Pokémon Brown for reference) had a reoccurring glitch happen one day, where a specific trainer battle would cause the game to keep crashing, showing this image as it did so. When reset, it revealed the error that shows when the "game" is not inserted into a Game Boy Color - featuring the two emotes above instead of an instruction to refer to the instruction booklet. The Pokémon you're looking for is the one who is first sent out during this battle!
Doing a quick Google search for "Twitch Plays Pokemon OLDEN" should easily yield videos showing the glitch in action. At that point, the answer is super obvious.

For the first one... Reverse it into Google and... wait, what?
Knowledge of the anime is completely lost on me because I don't follow it religiously, but my god.

And the second one... Once again, I'm not familiar with the anime! I'm assuming, from that, it meant the Victini movies...

With that out of the way, I'll repeat my riddle again! As I said before, this one's a recent meme, so take from what was talked about with Anniversary Crystal!
OLDEN

Twich Plays Pokémon Anniversary Crystal, the most recent run TPP has done (as of this post, their next one is Pokémon Brown for reference) had a reoccurring glitch happen one day, where a specific trainer battle would cause the game to keep crashing, showing this image as it did so. When reset, it revealed the error that shows when the "game" is not inserted into a Game Boy Color - featuring the two emotes above instead of an instruction to refer to the instruction booklet. The Pokémon you're looking for is the one who is first sent out during this battle!
Doing a quick Google search for "Twitch Plays Pokemon OLDEN" should easily yield videos showing the glitch in action. At that point, the answer is super obvious.

The first, correct!
The second, however, is not. Just because the first one referred to the anime doesn't mean the second one would. Let me give a full answer and explanation for that one.
The "land of two sides" refers to Unova and the main theme of "Truth and Ideals" that Reshiram and Zekrom represent. In a way, the Gym Leaders are the ones who stand in your way when you want to challenge the Elite Four. Of the Gym Leaders of the region, the ones who kept their position as Gym Leader are Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla and Drayden. Of these 5, Drayden is the last you face in Black 2/White 2. His team in Black had Fraxure, Haxorus and Druddigon. In Black 2/White 2, his team consists of Haxorus, Flygon and Druddigon.

I followed that second hint and end up with Ledian.

My first thought was Pokémon Smash of all things, but I've never seen an episode of that show outside of the moment they revealed Zorua and Zoroark. No idea who it is or what the actual show is!

I followed that second hint and end up with Ledian.
OLDEN is the true villain. OLDEN will consume all.

Let's try a quickie.
I may not be from hell, but it sure is devilish trying to collect all my forms!

I feel like that refers to something either humanoid or empathetic. Maybe it's neither. I'll go with Ash-Greninja for the lulz.

A Pokemon with a lot of forms...Vivillon?
Precisely! #666 in the National Pokédex. It was kinda funny seeing speculation on whether or not they'd break the trend of early dex mons be subject to the same tropes and just make this particular Pokémon a demonic being or something nasty. Then it turned into...a regional collection festival.

I don't have much of a riddle, but let's try this.
My number in the Pokédex is the same as a significant number in Buddhism. But I'm not a ghost.

I feel like that refers to something either humanoid or empathetic. Maybe it's neither. I'll go with Ash-Greninja for the lulz.

Precisely! #666 in the National Pokédex. It was kinda funny seeing speculation on whether or not they'd break the trend of early dex mons be subject to the same tropes and just make this particular Pokémon a demonic being or something nasty. Then it turned into...a regional collection festival.

I don't have much of a riddle, but let's try this.
My number in the Pokédex is the same as a significant number in Buddhism. But I'm not a ghost.

1. Your answer is, in fact, correct! It was a reference to this image, which clearly shows the height difference.
20160901124118%21Ash_and_Greninja.png

2. I actually got it right? Funny, because I never even looked at the dex number. Vivillon is just the very first thing that came to mind when I read the riddle.

3. 108, according to a quick Google search, so...Lickitung?

New: Can't get into your house? You'd better start looking for me.

Last edited:
Dude! I can't find my Klefkis.

One last hint before I reveal the answer, This'll either give it to you, or confuse you even more.
"I am not a flying type, I lack wings and cannot levitate, yet I am still capable of flight, though I can't learn the move."
  1. This ability was only ever displayed in a single episode of the anime
  2. The Pokemon in question is mammalian.
  3. Think "Miles Prower"

I can't tell what it's a reference to, because for some reason my first thought was that Swalot minigame on the Wi-Fi Plaza back in Platinum/HGSS.

3. 108, according to a quick Google search, so...Lickitung?
Correct! The "not a ghost" part refers to another potential answer for 108, which is Spiritomb in the Sinnoh Pokédex. Several descriptions also mention the number.

I got nothing right now, so look at Max's riddle above because I probably have it wrong anyway.

Well, it has nothing to do with the games.

Let me give you a hint:
Something that happened in the XY series comes to mind when you read my riddle

Still no clue...

Giant pile of Berries? EATEATEATEATEAT!
(This refers to several Pokemon. Name them all)

Hint #1:
Something that happened in the XY series comes to mind when you read my riddle

Hint #2
(3x(4x(1x5)))-1

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom