• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pure Electric-Type Showdown!

Peaceful Giraffe

Ehehehehe...
Reaction score
There's a lot of electric types out there, but today lets just look at the ones with no secondary types, grouped into their evolutionary families.

Which do you like best?
Which is most useful?
Which has the coolest design?
Which have you used the most?

Tie between Luxray, Jolteon and Raikou.

However I'll go with Raikou because it's the strongest.
and practically is Jolteon.

Which do you like best?/Which has the coolest design?/Which have you used the most?
Luxray, which also happens to be my favorite electric-type overall. Shinx was the first Pokemon I ever caught so its holds a special place in my heart. It's also based on my favorite animal (lions). I used another Luxray in Platinum and I trained one to use in PBR so I've definitely used it more than any of the others (some of which I've never used and others I've only used once).

Which is most useful?
That depends on what the player wants and their battle preference.

Luxray wins:)

Ok anyone here who has known me for any amount of time can probably guess where my vote is going.

I'm contractually obligated to pick Luxray. It's been my favorite Pokemon ever since I got back into the franchise around the time Gen IV was wrapping up. While it's in-game utility may not be the most ideal, it's the pinnacle of awesome. It's a Lion (which I point out anytime I hear someone say Pyroar was the first Lion pokemon) with X-Ray Vision and Electric superpowers. And you can get one as a pet/best buddy! What's not to love?

As such, except for the most useful category, I'm gonna say Luxray. As for most useful, I'd probably say Eelektross, if only because I'm happy that the only current type weakness-less Pokemon is in my favorite type.

Which do you like best? - 3 of them: Jolteon, Pachirisu, and Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Which is most useful? - to me I had more success with Luxray
Which has the coolest design? - Luxray! just love that electirc lion - being a feline is more than enough reason for me to be high favorite of mine.
Which have you used the most? - Jolteon, and Shinx entire evolution.

at the end: Shinx - Luxio - Luxray easily wins!! Jolteon came in very close in second

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom