• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Pure Ice Type Battle!

Peaceful Giraffe

Ehehehehe...
Reaction score
Which Pure Ice Pokémon do you like the best? Which has the best design, and which would win in a fight?

First is a temporary ice type, one only brought on by weather- Snowy Castform!

Second is a little Eskimo Pokémon which is very cute- Snorunt!

Third is a deadly scary ball of ice and its mega evolution- Glalie and Mega Glalie!

Fourth is the only legendary Pokémon of the bunch- Regice!

Fifth, one of the cutest Eeveelutions and the only one that's an ice type- Glaceon!

Sixth, we have three Pokémon grouped together because they're an evolutionary line and they all look the same- Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe!

Another, much less edible evolutionary line, and much more likely to eat your face- Cubchoo and Beartic!

How about a massive floating snowflake face in the form of Cryogonal?

And finally, the most recent additions, the iceberg Pokémon, Bergmite and Avalugg!

My favorite of these is Glaceon, my 2nd favorite Eeveelution. Design wise it's adorable and strength wise it's great imo. I had one on my W2 team and she was awesome.

Not sure who'd win in a battle though. I'd only guess Regice since it's a legendary and can learn SE rock and fighting-type moves.

Easily, Glaceon, it's also my most favorite Eeveelution - have lots of great experiences using Glaceon. Learns lots of attacks I really love, I also like the cold as oppose to the heat.

Glaceon easily takes the top spot here. Runners-up are Cubchoo, Bergmite, and Regice.

Glaceon is elegant and hits hard thanks to its Special Attack, so I'll vote for it.

Quite annoyed that I cannot change my option. :/

Originally I selected Snowy Castform, however, I'd like to change my vote to Bergmite/Avalugg. While I'm lukewarm on Avalugg, something about Bergmite's design really struck a chord with me recently, and it is now my favorite Ice type.

Last edited:
regice and glaceon! love those two a lot. the latter is adorable and the former was so fun for me to use/level up in rse. cryogonal is another mon I like a lot though, and it seems like he's very underrated. </3

In the past, I voted Glaceon. There weren't too many good Ice type choices back in those days. Nowadays I'd say Alolan Vulpix for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom