• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PUSA: GS remakes "very unlikely"

it's gonna happen
wether we like it or not
watch
you all remember this post
it was Deja0entendu
who bet his life on it
that it would happen
and if it doesn't, and I die, June 30th will be Deja0entendu day
not in celebration of the album, but the person who bet his life on a GSC remake

which actually someone on this forum was working on about a year ago... or two

if you can show yourself, that would be great!

I agree with deja0entedu. They are going to re-make it.

And I don't see what all the fuss is about including Kanto. Johto would still be the dominant region of the games, and Kanto is crucial to the storyline. Plus, wouldn't you love to see official GS remake Misty Sugimori art?

I'd really enjoy seeing remakes, like many others. I felt their sudden interest in Johto characters in FrLg was a sign, but then I heard about the word Johto found in D/P's game data, and now I'm really hoping for one.

Twenty bucks says they won't. It'd be really cool, but the only reason I can see that they would remake it would be to be consistent with remaking RB, and that doesn't seem like a good reason. It's fun to dream though.

Twenty bucks says they will. Literally. GSC remakes would make them oodles of money, so they have the same reason to produce GSC remakes as they do to keep making new gens - money. And it'd make it easier to get many Johto Pokemon - the starters and Legends come to mind. Although I never understood the "GSC remakes are pointless because you can already get all the Pokemon in them somehow" argument...

I doubt they'll come out for quite a while, but I'm confident that GSC remakes WILL come out at some point. At best, we'll get a much improved Kanto(no lame excuses for not having the Safari Zone, give us things to do other than spending two minutes traveling to a city to beat the crap out of a Gym in the span of ten minutes and the tacked-on "the power plant had a part stolen!" bit, no more Viridian Rock Garden instead of a forest...), much improved GLs and E4(maybe Will can finally get a sprite with the same hair color as every other depiction of him >> Oh, and perhaps having an E4 that you CAN'T beat with your Pokemon going into them at Lv.40), and some neat new stuff. At worst...it'll be the same thing as the old GSC but with prettier graphics.

If they remake G/S, I may not buy it. I mean, Johto was not the "OMG Greatness" that so many people keep annoyingly hyping it up to be.

The only way I'd buy it is if it were more of a "reimagining" of G/S, and have the games be what they should have been. Longer (as in, put a hell of a lot more stuff in Johto. Not any Sevii Islands crap, but put some actual new places within Johto, and make it seem like Johto is larger), actually challenging, have the Johto Pokemon be distributed better (in the wild and Gym-wise), and NO DAMNED KANTO. Enough of that place. It's been done to death, and I'd be really annoyed if they plopped that place in there again.

...and NO DAMNED KANTO. Enough of that place. It's been done to death, and I'd be really annoyed if they plopped that place in there again.
You know, GSC is the sequal to RBY. Kanto is crucial to GSC, game-wise and historically. It does not take place somewhere far away like Hoenn or Sinnoh. Johto, for God's sake, is just a Magnet Train ride away from Kanto! If you left Kanto out, it really wouldn't be a remake. And of course I want Johto to be much longer, but I think the same needs to happen Kanto. See my previous post.

You know, GSC is the sequal to RBY. Kanto is crucial to GSC, game-wise and historically. It does not take place somewhere far away like Hoenn or Sinnoh. Johto, for God's sake, is just a Magnet Train ride away from Kanto! If you left Kanto out, it really wouldn't be a remake. And of course I want Johto to be much longer, but I think the same needs to happen Kanto. See my previous post.

Kanto could have EASILY been left out of G/S. There was no reason for it other than the nostalgia. NO reason. I'm sure plenty would agree that with a few tweaks, G/S could have been the same game plus more had Kanto been left out. :/

Agreed. Kanto and Johto pretty much go hand in hand. I actually don't mind Kanto.. makes me all nostalgic and whatnot.

Nostalgic? That's what FR/LG are for!
I would buy a G/S/C remake if they scrapped the old storyline and started from stratch, and either remove Kanto, or bring it back from the dead a little.

FR/LG were for filling the Pokédex. Nostalgia was a bonus, hun.

And to whoever said Kanto was crucial to the storyline.... no, it wasn't. If Kanto wasn't in GSC, NOBODY would've died, I promise.

And to whoever said Kanto was crucial to the storyline.... no, it wasn't. If Kanto wasn't in GSC, NOBODY would've died, I promise.
Two more plotholes added to the outrageous list of GSC plotholes (Most of which were gladly solved with FRLG, though... and most existed because Kanto was in the game. =o). Not that it'd matter anyway. So... yup. =P

Now... it's pretty much a given there'll be GSC remakes now. The data in D/P is crucial, and I doubt they'd add that "From Johto" bit if they weren't to use it at all. Plus, the Boat Ticket as an unobtainable Item could be a similar case to FR/LG having the data and the Icon for RS Key Items, as well as FR/LG and Emerald having the same data and icons for both the Blue Orb and the Red Orb: Items that were planned to be available in Emerald, but removed at the last moment. In this case, the Boat Ticket could be an Item used in the remake for the S.S. Speed.

Plus, the mostly random Marina cameo in the D/P series of the Anime also points out to it.

I won't spell final judgment, but there are a few hints for it already...

I dunno. Kanto DOES house the only way to get to Mt. Silver as well as Johto's Pokémon league. What, does anyone propose removing Route 22 and having them say "some... thing... blocked it, sorry." Kanto may not have been crucial to the story, however, I do think it should be there. It may need to be more eventful, like say, having Silver popping up time to time and challenging the player before they enter Gyms, after seeing him at the League before going after the Elite Four, but it could lead to a Silver, Elite Four, and Lance who are more powerful eventually.

Not more powerful than Red, of course, but Red'd level his team up, too, after the first challenge. Maybe push 95 with that Pikachu, after all, Arseus is a major breach on GSC Red's Pikachu, which is still the highest, but just by ONE level.

...but yes. GS remakes NEED ALL of GS. Besides, what, would just Johto, Johto, Johto be fun? Of course not. We'd need more, and redoing Kanto gives way to redoing Sevii. Not to mention, we could find out what's on the other side of Cianwood Island.

Believe me. If they do it, they'll find a way to add to both regions.

Yes it is. Kanto was part of the games, wern't they? Like TEEchidna said, it just wouldn't make any sense at all not to include it. There was a purpose for everything that happened in Kanto. And I'm frankly suprised that people are saying "FR/LG was our remake, no more Kanto" because through FR/LG, we learn a lot about GSC. The two regions interact with each other, and I really don't see everyone's problem with having Kanto.

What the heck is everyone's beef with Kanto?

A huge region like Shinou > a small region with an old region we just explored.

Now, if they make Johto and Kanto bigger, then itsaok.

What the heck is everyone's beef with Kanto?

Kanto is the reason G/S/C was crap, 'cause they broke the games. The Gym Leader's levels were all completely up the left to fit in 16 gyms, Johto itself was shrunk down from what it was originally intended to be (With the Lake of Rage and the 7th Gym being mere shadows of their original selfs) to fit Kanto in, Johto and its 100 new Pokemon being completely overlooked and overshadowed because of Kanto being rushed in.

Also, Kanto in G/S/C sucked. Hard. Bits left off to fit the region in, bugger all to do but do the gyms in a weird order and a really rather pathetic Rocket subplot that even the Sevii Islands manages to surpass.

If it hadn't been for Kanto, G/S/C would have been radically different and better games and Johto wouldn't be the "just that place to the left of Kanto" that it is now. Johto more than deserves a game on its own, as does its Pokemon and even the fact that there'd be more room on a DS card wouldn't prevent Kanto from fucking Johto over if both were included in a G/S remake.

Kanto is the reason G/S/C was crap, 'cause they broke the games. The Gym Leader's levels were all completely up the left to fit in 16 gyms, Johto itself was shrunk down from what it was originally intended to be (With the Lake of Rage and the 7th Gym being mere shadows of their original selfs) to fit Kanto in, Johto and its 100 new Pokemon being completely overlooked and overshadowed because of Kanto being rushed in.

Also, Kanto in G/S/C sucked. Hard. Bits left off to fit the region in, bugger all to do but do the gyms in a weird order and a really rather pathetic Rocket subplot that even the Sevii Islands manages to surpass.

If it hadn't been for Kanto, G/S/C would have been radically different and better games and Johto wouldn't be the "just that place to the left of Kanto" that it is now. Johto more than deserves a game on its own, as does its Pokemon and even the fact that there'd be more room on a DS card wouldn't prevent Kanto from fucking Johto over if both were included in a G/S remake.

QFT. And another thing...If they were going for realism with Lv.2 Pikachu's in Viridian forest, then why was the Pewter City gym levels all 42?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom