• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PUSA: GS remakes "very unlikely"

Passionate fans I think would agree with Unown Lord, as do I. That's not saying that people like Habunake aren't just as passionate, but he seems to be a "go with the flow" kind of guy, and not get that worked up over something like a Battle Frontier or the concept of a remake of GSC.

I'm not one, either, to stop and smell the roses on something that I really think should be done. And I do think that Game Freak should have more on their minds than "simple entertainment". Of course, it is what it is in the end, so anyway I have no choice but to enjoy it...or get so frustrated with it that I just don't play it. I doubt the latter will occur with Diamond and Pearl and the possible GSC remakes.

In the end, Habunake's tendency to go with the flow probably is the best approach for enjoying a game you know in advance is enjoyable, but it doesn't suit me.

I have very high, but in my eyes perfectly reasonable, expectations of Game Freak. This is due to the fact that I had only played the Game Boy games a few months before I learned of Gold and Silver in Japan, and in the very same year, I followed Crystal's Japanese release and the formation of the Mobile Adapter service. That development has since left me with a very powerful impression of Game Freak's direction for their games.

Last edited:
I think the only reason they're not too interested in remaking and releasing GSC is because it's still fairly early (it's only been 6-7 years?)
FR/LG were released in 2004 in the US, six years after Red and Blue came to the US. If anything, it's the perfect time. I'd buy it.

And then we'll get R/S remakes in Gen V, then D/P remakes in Gen VI...

The only thing I have against GS remakes is the precedent it would set.

Well, there's not as much value in remaking R/S as it stands. The first two generations ended up being completely secularised 'cause of the GBC-->GBA incompatability. They can't even be played by anyone who doesn't have a system older than an SP to play them on any more. (Not to mention that they've both aged rather severely).

R/S doesn't really have that problem. Aside from the difference in the battle mechanics, it's still fairly close to D/P in most other regards and the graphics aren't like the GB/GBCs in that they were outdated before they were even released - they're still perfectly playable.

And with complete compatability sitting the way it is currently, all the Advance games are still 'active' as it were, while R/S on the GBA pretty much meant the end for R/B/Y/G/S/C.

They only real incentive there will be for an R/S remake is if the hardware the 5th Generation finds itself on doesn't have a GBA slot/compatability. And considering that the GBA slot is used to a fair degree in the DS as it is, I can't really imagine a successor abandoning it completely. If it WAS going to be abandoned, it would have been done in the DS Lite.

Mind you, I would have absolutely no objections whatsoever to seeing a Hoenn game in 3D on the Wii or a future console... Which would be a plausable enough route if they were absolutely determined to follow on from the precedent of a G/S remake.

R/S did have probably the coolest landscape to see in 3D as well...

Speaking of 3D, I think Cel Shaded would be more suited. Agreed?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom