• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Putting cards in sleeves and toploaders

Matt11111

Rubik's Cubes, Music Composing, and Video Games
Reaction score
So last night, an order of 500 sleeves came in, and my mom had me put all my Pokemon and baseball cards in them (yes, even the commons and uncommons). So I sleeved a little under 200 cards last night. While she wasn't home today, I took a majority of cards out of the sleeves, but left the reverses, holos, ultra rares, and a couple of my favorite Pokemon in sleeves. Although I'll probably have to put them back into sleeves later. My mom had me order toploaders for the cards as well, and she'll probably want me to put as many cards as possible in sleeves and toploaders.

I'm making this thread to ask you guys, which cards you put in sleeves and which ones you put in toploaders. Sure, my mom wants me to keep all my cards protected, but some of them are clearly already in bad condition, so there's no point in putting them into sleeves. I want to make the sleeves last as long as possible, and since I'm new to collecting Pokemon cards, I wanted to know what your standards are for sleeving cards.

Thanks. :]

I tend to sleeve my reverses, holos, ex/gxs, and full arts mainly. I put the cards that have more value into top loaders. The rest I put in a portfolio.

I would recommend a portfolio for commons and uncommons and keeping one of each in there. ^^ @Matt11111

So last night, an order of 500 sleeves came in, and my mom had me put all my Pokemon and baseball cards in them (yes, even the commons and uncommons). So I sleeved a little under 200 cards last night. While she wasn't home today, I took a majority of cards out of the sleeves, but left the reverses, holos, ultra rares, and a couple of my favorite Pokemon in sleeves. Although I'll probably have to put them back into sleeves later. My mom had me order toploaders for the cards as well, and she'll probably want me to put as many cards as possible in sleeves and toploaders.

I'm making this thread to ask you guys, which cards you put in sleeves and which ones you put in toploaders. Sure, my mom wants me to keep all my cards protected, but some of them are clearly already in bad condition, so there's no point in putting them into sleeves. I want to make the sleeves last as long as possible, and since I'm new to collecting Pokemon cards, I wanted to know what your standards are for sleeving cards.

Thanks. :]

I would like more info on your goal. Are you collecting or just accumulating cards?

I wouldn't bother any card that is common or uncommon, unless it's a promo, since the re-sale is pennies st most. Protect any rare cards, promotional copies, misprints, anything that could have resale value.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom