• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Puzzle Crack, er,Challenge/League Anonymous

Nekusagi

Badass office lady
Reaction score
About 6 years ago, a fun little pair of addictive puzzle games were released by Nintendo for the Game Boy Color and N64. Their names were Pokemon Puzzle Challenge and League, respectively. Challenge was Japanese-made; League was completely the work of NOA and never saw the light of day in Japan. What I'm asking is, is anyone else as addicted to these two as I am?

They weren't released in Japan at all? I thought they just came out here first.

Strange. I bet they would have sold a ton over there.

Anyway, I love Puzzle League! Still can't master the 3D stages, though...

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
They weren't released in Japan at all? I thought they just came out here first.
No, Puzzle League wasn't released in Japan - Puzzle Challenge was. Just read nekusagi's post carefully.

I myself have never played either one and I had never very much interest in them. Well, I think I'm fine with Tetris, Polarium and Zoo Keeper at the moment and maybe I'll get Toroze. So there isn't really a need for me to try them out.

Puzzle league owned my soul for a good chunk of time. I bet it would own my soul again if I were to ever pick it up again.

I used to play Puzzle League all the time. It was (and still is) a great game! I wish they would remake it for the cube. Then I could have it at school!

I have both Puzzle League, and Challange. And I got addicted to them both. (I'm a huge fan of the Panel de pon style games in general.) I am still stuck at the Super-Hard Mode, Falkner in Puzzle Challenge. XD

According to a post on Serebii, they're making a puzzle game for DS.. but it's not Panel de Pon format. It's... Bejeweled. With cute little Pokemon heads for pieces.

Yeah that's what I was talking about. And it's not a Bejeweled clone. In Bejeweled and similar games to Bejeweled there always fall down new um ... things ... jeweles or whatever after some disappear which doesn't happen in Toroze. And I think if you pull one thing/pokemon icon in Toroze you move the whole column of icons, even those on the top screen. At least that's how it looks like. So it's something different than Bejeweled.

Well and there are a lot more images than those on spp ...

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom