• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PWT -World Leaders Tournament: Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shenili

That third Unova Starter
Reaction score
"Are you ready?"
"Yeah, let's do this"
"Ok.. 3..2..1.."
Red lights on camera lit up, on every Hoenn TV screen a small rectangle with the word LIVE appeared and Gabby, young reporter, started talking:
"Dear viewers, I'm Gabby Intrvu, right now I'm standing in front of Pokemon World Tournament, PWT for short! In this location, the last 7 battles of World Leaders Tournament will be held. Right behind me there are also thousands of people who are coming here from all the world just to watch these amazing battles! Participants will live here, in luxury hotel "Olympic Village" right next to it! We can't enter it, but we know that in that hotel you can find the best food from Unova, pools with crystal clear water, spas and even more! All participants will live there absolutely for free!"
Picture of a brown haired reporter changed to a studio where the other man continued talking instead of her.
"Thank you Gabby. And now, the other Pokemon Sun and Moon news..."

Trainers in the Olympic village were getting ready to go to the Main Hall on the 1st floor of the hotel, where their opponents and the order of battles will be chosen.

@Kimono Dragon | @Gengarzilla | @Lone_Garurumon

Last edited:
((OOC: Whoops, sorry for not replying earlier, was at Six Flags (y) ))

Kestron thrusted open the door to his room with enough force for it to hit the wall bumper with a loud thump. "Hehe, guess that was a little too much," the trainer mewed out after recoiling from the noise. The Mawile at Kestron's side nodded in reply before running up to the bed and bounced gleefully on it.

The trainer ignored his pokemon's childish antics for the meantime as he unpacke his luggage and made himself comfortable. "Alright, Filia,"Kestron said with a bit of sternness to his voice, "we ought to head to the lobby and check out the competition!" The Deception pokemon complied with a smile as the two headed out of their hotel room.

Last edited:
(OOC: Heheh, musta missed this alert :whistle:)

"Well, Nimue, I must admit that that was very relaxing, I'm glad you convinced me." Freya said to her Gardevoir as she emerged from the spa treatment she'd received. "Now we need to find the other two." After searching the area for a few minutes, they found Earl the Gallade receiving a massage, and Irene the Sigilyph in an aroma bath, neither of them looking particularly eager to leave. "Really you two?" She sighed, "Fine then, the two of you can stay for a little, but finish up. They're announcing the match-ups and I'm not sure when I'll need you. Just be down in ten minutes at the most." Earl lifted an arm to signal that he understood.

Out in the hall Freya put her hair up into her signature bun. "What do you think? Does it look OK?" She asked Nimue. The Gardevoir made a motion that it at least looked presentable enough that she could fix it properly later.

((OOC: Was waiting for that last spot to fill up, but if we need to start now then that's fine.))

Arya watched from nearby as her Mantine enjoyed herself in one of the hotel's pools, not particularly willing to leave for now. "The very moment I heard that this hotel had pools, I knew that you were going to enjoy them." she exclaimed to her Water/Flying Pokémon. "We can't have you staying in there all the way through this tournament though, understand?" The Mantine surfaced and nodded to indicate her understanding.

As for her other two Pokémon, an Emolga with a light gold colouration in place of black was hanging from her trainer's shoulder after a massage and there was a Skarmory feeling delighted from his spa treatment earlier. Once Mantine had finished, she and Skarmory were recalled for now as Arya made for the Main Hall. Emolga coming along.

(OOC: Sorry, I just really, really, really wanted to start! By the way, would you like if I added a bit of a plot or let it just be a normal championship?)

One after another, the Trainers were coming in the Main Hall through the big wooden door. Walls and floor in the hall were dark brown, it felt like they are almost wooden. On the opposite side to the entrance there was a small, very dark olive podium, behind it was the big TV screen filing up almost the whole wall. Next to the other two walls, there was a small buffet with different tasty food. Some of the gym leaders were already eating there! Thanks to the big windows and a lot of light inside the hall, it looked even bigger.
After all 8 participants came into the hall, the door automatically closed. Small, almost invisible entrance opened near the podium and the tall, blonde woman entered the hall. She went to the podium and said:
"Dear participants, I'm Cynthia, some of you may already know me and some of you may even battled me already. I'm the manager of this tournament. Today, we are going to determine your opponents and choose the order of battles."
Screen behind her lit up, showing the names of the Trainers with numbers next to it.
Freya - 1
Kestron - 4
Arya - 5
(OOC: I will not tell you the rest, it's a surprise ;).)
Picture of numbers changed and the tournament bracket appeared.
"Numbers 1 and 2 will battle later this day, 3 and 4 will battle tomorrow and numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8 will battle in the next days. Now, you can go and rest or prepare for your battles. Tomorrow, I will show you shops in the Driftveil where you will be able to buy items for tournament. Good luck!"
She went back to the invisible entrance and a door behind participants opened.

((OOC: I wouldn't be against some plot if everyone else is fine.))

"Number five... That'll work, plenty of time to prepare." Arya said. It gave her the opportunity to kick back and observe for today. She somewhat recognised the blonde haired woman who'd revealed the matchups and their order as Cynthia. the Sinnoh region's Champion, but only from TV. The Mistralton native had never seen her in person before.

Whipping out her pink Xtransceiver, she went to call someone and was glad to see the Swoobat and her trainer in Sky Trainer gear on the other side, instantly starting up a conversation with them. "Hi, big bro, how's Kalos treating you recently? I'm in Driftveil City right now for the World Leaders Finals."

(OOC: I have no objections to plot)

"So that's Cynthia?" Freya wondered as the woman introduced herself. Freya had heard her reputation, but never met her. "I may have to request a battle later." She took note of her battle's time and her opponent when the bracket came up. "Oh, really? This could get interesting." She then became aware of a slight wind on her back. "There you are." She said as she turned to Irene. "Wait a second. Where's Earl?" She looked around for a moment before seeing the Blade Pokemon at the buffet, not even bothering with a plate, but just putting the food straight into his mouth. "Really?" She asked as she moved up to him. "Come on, we're going to go practice our tactics or something you can't embarrass us at." She said as she dragged him away from the buffet... Though grabbing one of those mini sausage rolls for herself.

((OOC: I'm fine with plot as well))

Kestron gritted his teeth after the blonde young woman finished her speech. Although it had been quite some time since he battled and lost against Cynthia, he remembered the match as if it happened yesterday. Taking a deep breath, Kestron turned to the Mawile standing next to him and asked if she was hungry. The trainer took Filia's drooling from both of her mouths as a yes and then decided to send out his other two Pokemon which were resting in their Poke Balls. The first to come out was Tsumugu the Scrafty, who promptly leaned against a table while chewing on a wheat sprig. The other member of Kestron's team, Halcyon the Porygon-Z, floated about for a moment then landed on its trainer's shoulder with a dismayed look in its eyes.

"Oh right, I forgot that you can't eat anything," Kestron jokingly stated to the Virtual Pokemon while he filled up a bowl of pasta for himself while his other two Pokemon were contently stuffing their faces with the Pokemon food they offered.

(OOC: Do you remember that Gym Leader with Variable Type? Well, here (s)he is! Btw, do you know someone who could make the 4th character? If no, it can be an NPC.)

It was the early twilight hour, small white stars just started appearing, the big Braviary constellation was seen the most. People were starting to buy tickets from receptionists, some Gym Leaders were coming to watch it too, for free of course. Participants of today's battle didn't come yet. Gabby the reporter was standing outside, next to the entrance to the rooms where challenges prepared to battles.
"Good evening Dear viewers, this is Gabby Intervu, your Hoenn TV reporter. Freya Norden, one of participants of the World Leaders Tournament, should come here soon. Right now I'm at the.."
She noticed Freya and ran towards her, it was a miracle she didn't fall on her high heels. Before Freya could say anything, reporter loaded her with questions:
"Hello, I'm Gabby Intervu, could you answer me a few questions? What do you think about your opponent? Do you think you can defeat him? Is your team ready? Did you train? What Pokemon are in your team?"

(OOC: I figure that we could leave the sign ups open up until the final battle of the round, since we won't need them until then. And if no-one signs up in that time then we can just use an NPC)

Freya was practically knocked off her feet as some crazy woman forced her way up to her. It turned out she was an interviewer... A very energetic interviewer.
"Well, of course my opponent is going to be a tough battle." Freya began as she tried to get her personal space back. "You probably know that we Gym Leaders don't normally use our full strengths against challengers. But this isn't a Gym Battle. I'm going to be fighting all out, and expect my opponent to as well. Of course I'm confident that I can win though, anyone who enters a battle thinking they'll lose is doomed from the start. Now, I'm not going to show you my team too early, I need to keep some sort of surprise for the battle. Any more questions? I do need to finish getting ready."

Since she wouldn't be battling today or even tomorrow, Arya could only do her pre-pre-pre-battle preparations at the moment. She intended to look around Driftveil City later on and see if she could get a hold of any items that may prove useful in the battles to come.

"I'll admit to feeling just a little bit nervous, considering the competition-" she admitted to herself. "-but I'm already glad to be going for this." Arya Airbon felt good about this, doing something to distinguish herself as more than her brother's brother. "I'm just gonna have fun here without regrets. For my Pokémon."

(So.. what should the narrator say when Freya enters the battlefield? You know, something like "And here is the Shining Beauty! Elesa!")

Gabby was quite surprised when Freya asked if she had more questions, usually, people will just ignore her and go away. She wanted to say yes and ask more, but she noticed another reporter and cameraman going towards them. Gabby replied:
"No, that's all, sorry for bothering!"
She turned to camera and ended the reportage:
"Dear viewers, now we end the interview with Freya Norden, Psychic type Unova Gym Leader and the participant of World Leaders Tournament! Thanks for watching!"
Roxy the pink haired reporter from Sinnoh TV was coming to the entrance of challengers' preparing rooms when she noticed the other reporter, Gabby, her rival talking with one of the challengers.
"Darn, she came her first!"
Roxy said to her cameraman Oli.
"Come on, we need to do the reportage with that Gym Leader too!"
But it was too late, Freya was already entering the rooms. After Gabby's interview ended, Roxy noticed the big smug on the Hoenn TV reporter's face.
A bit later, tons of fans came into the hall to watch the first battle that was about to start, some fans were making banners and some were shouting "UNOVA IS THE BEST!"

(OOC: I'm thinking her Gym Leader title would be something like: The Relentless Tactician, put it into whatever kind of framework you want.)

"Well, OK then. If you'll excuse me I need to get ready for the battle." Freya replied as Gabby was finishing up the interview.
Inside the prep-room, Freya released her Pokemon from their balls. "Are the three of you ready?" She asked her Pokemon. The three of them gave a cheer as Freya heard her name being called out for the match. "I'm counting on you three." She said as she recalled them. "Let's give them a show."

((OOC: I'm assuming participants are allowed to watch other participants in the stands a la Lumiose Conference, correct? I'll rewrite/delete this post if otherwise.))

Kestron tried to get in his seat, carrying a tub of popcorn in one hand and a large soda in the other. Filia followed behind her trainer, careful not to hit any of the already-annoyed spectators with her steel, mouth-shaped horns. Once the two found their seats, they both let out a deep sigh. Kestron had been training his three pokemon for what seemed liked hours as they anticipated a tough match tomorrow. "Alright Filia, pay close attention to this match," Kestron said to the Mawile crunching on popcorn next to him, "you never know, we might learn something about ourselves and possible opponents!"

(I'll use this title in the same form. And yeah, you can watch battles of other participants :).)

Most of the seats in PWT were already taken out, some people like reports or big fans were even standing right next to battlefield. Suddenly, someone's voice heard in the whole PWT said:
"Dear viewers, get ready for the first battle in the World Leaders Tournament! Today will be battling: Freya the Relentless Tactician!"
As he said that, one of the entrances on the battlefield lit up in magenta color and Freya entered the battlefield and her fans started weeping!
"GO FREYA!!!"
"YOU CAN DO IT!"
"YOU'RE THE BEST!!"
After Freya's fans calmed down, narrator said:
"And Freya's opponent will be.. Danny, the Navel Island Maneuverer!"
The other entrance lit up in orange color and the Auburn haired man came in the battlefield. His fans started cheering with banners like: DANNY! YAY!, ORANGE ISLANDS, BEST ISLANDS or BETTER THAN ALOLA. He said:
"Sorry if I'm late. I don't usually battle, but I somehow got here! Well, let's start!"

uvKQxIg.jpg

VS DANNY

He took out his Pokeball and threw it with words:
"Go, Electrode!"

Freya walked out at the call of her name. She always thought it was weird that she had fans like this, swooning over and adoring her. She tried to play it cool for her fans though. The announcer then declared the name of her opponent, and the Orange Crew Gym Leader stepped out onto the stage.
"Sorry if I'm late. I don't usually battle, but I somehow got here! Well, let's start!" He said as he pulled out a Pokeball.
"Very well, just don't expect an easy battle, I'm fighting all out." She said as she produced her own Pokeball. "Earl! You're up first!" The Gallade burst forth from the light and struck a pose as it stared down the Electrode on the other edge of the field. "Now Earl, lead with Psycho Cut!" Freya commanded and Earl dashed towards the Ball Pokemon, elbow blades extended and glowing purple.

Arya also had a seat amongst the watching spectators, keeping an eye on both competing Gym Leaders alongside her gold and white Emolga. She and Arya's other two Pokémon had gotten some training out of the way.

"Orange Islands, huh?" she said as she looked around at the banners held by Danny's fans. She'd never heard of the place before but it sounded like an interesting region to her.

(Sorry if it took me too long to answer..)

"Hello and welcome to the Pokemon News: World Leaders Tournament Special. Right now the first battle of the Tournament started. The battle between Freya, Unovian Psychic Gym Leader and Danny, Gym Leader from Orange Archipelago. Our today's guest is Primo, also known as Poke Dude. Could you tell us something about you?"
"I'd like to, but the battle already started!"
Freya's Gallade named Earl used Psycho Cut on Electrode, curious purple blades cut the explosive Pokemon. Electrode rolled back, closer to his Trainer. Everyone, fans, reporters and Gym Leaders looked quite shocked, Electrode was pretty unstable after all. Poke Dude wanted to say that it was a risky decision, but before he could say anything, Electrode exploded. Some fans even started running away. Luckily enough, psychic shields activated and defended both participants and everyone else from explosion. Both Pokemon fainted, leaving two Gym Leaders with two Pokemon each. Danny, still looking quite surprised, said:
"Heh, now we have two Pokemon each. So, here's the next one. Your turn Nidoqueen!"

Freya:
OO•
???
?%

Danny
OO•
JY9CeZ3.jpg

Nidoqueen
100%

"Nrgh. I'm sorry, I should've seen that one coming." Freya said to Earl as she recalled him. "Irene! You're up next!" She called as she sent out the Sigilyph. "Irene, use Psychic, and try to keep your distance!" The Avianoid Pokemon followed instructions by moving as far back to the edge of the arena as it could, and unleashed a powerful blast of metal energy at Nidoqueen.

(Did you mean mental?)

Psychic attack hit the Drill Pokemon. Attack did some damage to it. It looked like the same psychic attack could will defeat it. Danny shouted:
"No! Nidoqueen, use Ice Beam!"
Nidoqueen concentrated the power it had left in its horn and unleashed the sky blue beam of energy at Sigilyph. The Avianoid Pokemon tried to avoid the attack, but failed. Ice Beam left it with around the same amount of HP as Nidoqueen and the small layer of ice on it.

Freya:
OO•
CNUdAwl.jpg

Sigilyph
51%

Danny:
OO•
JY9CeZ3.jpg

Nidoqueen
48%

Status
Not open for further replies.