• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PWT -World Leaders Tournament: Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Yes... Yes mental is exactly what I meant)

The fact that Irene was looking considerably worse for wear after taking and Ice Beam like that left Freya with a considerable dilemma. She had naturally done her research oh her opponent, and taken note of the Pokemon that he liked to bring into battle, so she was fully aware of the worst case scenario potentially waiting in Danny's last Pokeball. She knew that if Irene managed to defeat Nidoqueen with her next attack, the conditions could easily leave her in an unwinnable situation. She quickly formulated a plan of attack to hopefully at least provide her a chance (somewhat ironically, said plan of attack involved no attacking at the moment).
"Irene! Whip up a Tailwind!" The Sigilyph complied, beginning to use her wings to manipulate the air currents in the arena to blow against her opponents. Freya just had to hope that the thin layer of ice that had formed on the Sigilyph wouldn't slow her down and allow her opponent to get another attack in, she wasn't convince Irene could take it.

The host of the Pokemon News continued speaking about the battle: "Right now, the Freya's Sigilyph is using the move Tailwind. As some of you may know, the move's type is Flying, it's stated that the move was first used in the Sinnoh, it doubles the speed of the whole team of the Trainer's Pokemon." Poke Dude replied:
"I heard the rumor that even if it originated from Sinnoh it wasn't used by the Pokemon native to the region! The only way to have a Sinnoh Pokemon use this move, you need to have a TM or a Mantyke that is the offspring of Pelipper or Swanna that know this move!"
Host was shocked that Primo knew this kind of information. Well he appeared on Teachy TV after all, it shouldn't be a surprise..
"Umm.. now, let's see the reaction of Danny, Freya's opponent."
Nidoqueen couldn't see much because of the wind. On the other side, Sigilyph was moving faster and faster, thin layer of ice didn't slow it down at all.
" Uh.. Nidoqueen, try using Ice Beam!"
Drill Pokemon made the tired but agreeing roar and used Ice Beam again. As was expected, Ice Beam missed and froze part of the battlefield.

Freya:
OO•
CNUdAwl.jpg

Sigilyph
51%

Danny:
OO•
JY9CeZ3.jpg

Nidoqueen
48%

Arya was well aware of the move Tailwind, having seen her brother's Fearow making copious use of its properties many a time before he left for Kalos. It was indeed an interesting move.

"It looks like Freya and Sigilyph have the upper hand now, that miss could be a costly one." she observed. Missing an attack sucked.

Last edited:
Kestron and Filia stared in awe as the two powerhouses fired beam after beam at one another. Admittedly, they tried to run away when the threat of exploding pokemon was all too real, but now that safety precautions were ensured, the trainer and his pokemon started watching again, with more intensity than before.

Irene was making expert use of the new wind currents that could only come from years of training. Once the Ice beam from Nidoqueen had been successfully evaded, Freya gave her command.
"Now Irene! Blast another Psychic!" She called out, and Irene let loose another blast of mental energy at the Drill Pokemon.

As was expected, Nidoqueen couldn't avoid Sigilyph's attack and fainted. Danny called it back to its Pokeball.
"Uh.. so I have only one Pokemon left. Now, go Scizor!"
Host replied:
"Oh, this battle is full of surprises! Apparently, Danny's Scyther that was seen in the previous battle, evolved!"
Red Pincer Pokemon, appeared from its Pokeball. Mysterious red stone was hanging from its neck.

Freya:
OO•
CNUdAwl.jpg

Sigilyph
51%

Danny:
O••
X2HPA3B.jpg

Scizor
100%

"Grh, I knew it. And it's even worse than I thought." Freya mumbled to herself as she sized up her opponent's final Pokemon. She knew what that stone was, and it was not good.
"Irene! Use Air Slash! It's out best chance! And keep your distance if it's at all possible!" She commanded her Pokemon. The Sigilyph moved back, taking advantage of the air currents still blowing around the arena. Those would peter out in a minute or two, but that wasn't really important anymore. With a flick of her wings, Irene sent blasts of wind straight towards her opponent.

(Darn! I forgot that Freya's Sigilyph is holding Life Orb!! Let's just continue but now account the Life Orb's damage okay?)

" So, Primo, what can you tell us about the move Freya used?" Said host with a bit of irony in his voice. Poke Dude didn't notice that though and answered:
" Sure! Danny's Scizors' types are Steel and Bug and while Steel type is resistant to Flying type, the Bug type is weak to it! Because of that, it's the only move that Sigilyph has, that isn't resistant to Scizors' types!"
Scizor was hit by a blast of wins made by Sigilyph, it did quite a bit of damage, nothing too serious. Danny shouted to his Pokemon:
"It's not the time yet.. Scizor, use Swords Dance!"
Four big energy swords appeared above Scizor's head, Scizor started glowing and was filled with determination power.

Freya:
OO•
CNUdAwl.jpg

Sigilyph
51%

Danny:
O••
X2HPA3B.jpg

Scizor
70%

"Oh, that's not good..." Freya said as Scizor empowered itself. Then the wind disappeared. "Oh that's even worse." With its typing and capabilities, Scizor was a threat all its own, the Swords Dance it'd just performed only increased that fact, and the stone around its neck could only mean one thing. This wasn't generally a strategy that she approved of, but at this point, it seemed to be the only way visible that could bring down a titan like this in time.
"Irene, you don't need the winds to be fast! Use Air Slash again! Try to dodge for as long as possible! Exhaust it as much as you can!" Irene followed commands, using her wings to send lashes of air at Scizor once more, Irene then attempted to move around the arena, though with noticeably less speed then before.

Air Slash hit the Pincer Pokemon leaving it with less than half of its HP.
"Final Blow Scizor! Use X-Scissor!"
Scizor's pincers began glowing, it lifted itself up with its wings and quickly flew towards Freya's Sigilyph. Before Sigilyph could somehow avoid the attack, Scizor slashed it, Sigilyph fell on the ground, unconscious.
Host in the studio commented:
"And that's it! Sigilyph fainted, now, both Gym Leaders have only one Pokemon left! Who will win, Freya, Psychic Gym Leader native to this region or Danny, the Gym Leader from the faraway Orange Archipelago?"

Freya:
O••
???
?%

Danny:
O••
X2HPA3B.jpg

Scizor
39%

"Thank you Irene, you did plenty." Freya said to her Pokeball as she recalled her Sigilyph. "Nimue! It's riding on you!" Freya called out as she tossed her final Pokeball into the air. Nimue the Gardevoir emerged from the ball and floated gracefully down to the ground, the stone on her necklace glinting in the light.
"Nimue, I'm under no delusions that you have but one chance to win this." Freya said as she fingered the rainbow coloured stone embedded in the side of her glasses. The stone in Nimue's necklace beginning to glow in turn. "Our best chance to win will come if we use our full power. Nimue! Awaken your true power! Mega-Evolve!" Freya called to her partner as she struck a pose vaguely reminiscent of Phoenix Wright, sending some of her energy to Nimue, manifesting as purple beams of light that poured into her partner. Nimue was surrounded by a luminescent pink light as various factors of her appearance morphed. She emerged from the light as a Mega-Gardevoir.
"Now Nimue! Pour your energy into a Shadow Ball! Blast that thing!" Mega-Nimue placed her hands in front of her body, forming a ball of shadowy energy between them, forming it as large as possible, she then fired it straight at Danny's Pokemon.

Without even noticing it, Arya had been holding her breath at the sight of both Freya and Danny on their last Pokémon each. "This one's going down to the wire. Either one of them could win right here." she observed to herself, watching Nimue and Scizor.

((Is it ok if I change some of the moves on my pokemon? Looking back on them now, they seem situational and hard to emulate in an anime battle style; especially Conversion, which has been used for the one and only time in Generation I before it changed its effect))

Kestron had been sitting on the edge of his seat before, enthralled by the clashing of the pokemon and their trainers alike, but he was thrown back (literally? even Kestron wasn't sure) when Irene's Gardevoir mega evolved and instantly starting attacking. He then turned his attention to the Scizor and saw a brief sparkle coming from the Pincir Pokemon's neck. "...That must be a mega stone as well. I believe it's referred to as a Scizorite," Kestron mumbled out loud. "This is shaping up to be a interesting battle, and it's only the first one of the tournament!"

(ahmaigahd I'm so sorry that I didn't write for 4 days I swear I'm gonna write on Friday)

(Eh.. sorry, unexpected stuff happened so I couldn't post yesterday... BUT I TRIED TO!
So.. Kimono Dragon, about that move changing... I think you can change moves until your first battle starts, but after that you have to use coupons and stuff.)

"Oh! So you have a Mega Evolution too! Let's show our power then! Scizor, Mega Evolve!" Danny touched the Key Stone on the right strap of his backpack and concentrated his powers to the Key Stone. Scizor's Mega Stone and Danny's Key Stone begin radiating purple light that changed Scizor's appearance and boosted its power.
Primo started weeping like a 5 years old girl that saw a unicorn."I couldn't expected the first battle to be this good!! Mega Evolution versus Mega Evolution!!!"
Before Danny and his, now Mega Evolved, Pincer Pokemon could do anything, Freya's Gardevoir already sent a Shadow Ball in its way. It didn't miss it's target and hit Scizor, leaving it with almost a half of HP it had left. "Scizor, use X-Scissor!" Danny shouted to his Pokemon while thinking about a new strategy. His Bug/Steel Pokemon rammed Adri Gardevoir and slashed the Embrace Pokemon leaving it with ¾ of its HP.
"It looks like Scizor doesn't have enough power.. oh! Maybe this will work! Scizor, use Bullet Punch!" Right after slashing its opponent, Scizors' claws started glowing and Pincer Pokemon landed a few consecutive punches at bullet speed at its opponent.

Freya:
O••
SiL7oIp.jpg

Mega Gardevoir
51%

Danny:
O••
hyMRe7M.jpg

Mega Scizor
20%

"I knew it." Freya muttered as Scizor transformed. She was relieved as Nimue was successfully able to endure the blows from Scizor, but winced a little as the lightning fast punches impacted. It's close. The pressure's going to be on Nimue non-stop, but a Mega-Scizor would be too stable to knock back. She thought to herself.
"Nimue! Use Shadow Ball again! Try to focus on the centre of mass!" She could tell this battle was going down to the wire, the winner would be determined only by a tiny fraction. To this end, Nimue focused the dark purple energy into her hands once more attempting to work around Scizor's massive pincers before blasting the shot straight at its chest.

Mega Gardevoir used Shadow Ball, the ball of people energy was quickly flying towards Danny's Scizor. Mega Evolved Pincer didn't have enough power to dodge though and fell to the ground, whipping up dust and covering itself from everyone. After the dust disappeared, everyone saw how the Scizor came up from the ground, slowly and painfully. It was holding its arm that was badly hurt, but this enduring Bug/Steel Pokemon didn't faint. It wad preparing for the next attack until its Trainer, Danny, stopped it.
"Scizor, that's enough! I don't want to see you being hurt anymore. Freya, that was a good battle, you deserve to continue in this tournament than I am. Good job."
Big and shiny words appeared on the screen next to the battlefield.

FREYA WINS

50% of people looking at this excellent battle exploded with joy!

"THATEASAWESOMETHATWASAWESOMETHATWASAWESOME! Did you see that epic Shadow Ball?! And how they Pokemon just endured it!!"
Poke Dude stood up from his chair and began.. hugging(?) the quite shocked host in the studio. Some of the reporters were almost trying to climb on the battlefield just to interview One of the Gym Leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom