• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PWT -World Leaders Tournament: Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freya wasn't surprised as Scizor got up. They were notoriously sturdy Pokemon, but this one didn't look to have much left to give. Then Danny stopped it. It was a sensible thing to do, Scizor looked badly hurt. The battle over, Nimue reverted to her base form, breathing heavily from the tough battle.
"Freya, that was a good battle, you deserve to continue in this tournament than I am. Good job." Danny told her as the battle was declared over.
"Thank you, but you fought well too. I wasn't sure how that was going to turn out for a while there." She responded to Danny's praise. "It was a good battle, from both of us." She said as she offered her hand to Danny.

(Sorry that I make so many typos :()

A little later that night, when participants of the tournament were residing in the "Olympic Village", some fans of different Gym Leaders and other Trainers could be found in the Driftveil Market, where they could buy different (obviously expensive) souvenirs and items for supporting Gym Leaders or regions. People could find things like: Fake Gym Leader Badges or just normal badges with names of regions with it, different plushies (some of them even depicted some participants!), accessories that Gym Leaders wear, Pokemon masks, Pokeball cookies and many, many more!
Roxy, the Reporter from the Sinnoh TV, with diamond shaped badge with SINNOH on it began her report:
"Hello Dear Viewers, right now, I'm standing right next to the Driftveil Market! Here you can find different souvenirs for supporting your favorite Gym Leaders, we went here to ask different fans what do they think about today's battle and what are they expecting in the battle tomorrow."
She and her cameraman entered the Market. They came to some pink-haired girl and began asking her different questions, half of which she didn't even have time to answer.
"Hello, I'm Roxy from Sinnoh TV, what is your name?
"Oh! I'm.."
"What do you think about today's battle?"
"Well I think that.."
"Would you like to participate too?"
"I'm actually.."
"Will you watch the next battle?"
"Wait! Let me tell something! I'm.."
"And this is it for today's news, good night Sinnoh!"
";-;"

(Um... Hello? Just wanted to remind.)

Freya was sitting in her room as the TV played highlights from her match earlier, some battling 'expert' saying what she and Danny had done wrong in the battle.
"Yes Earl, I know, I should've seen it coming. For the last time, I'm sorry I got you blown up!" She said to her Gallade, who was clearly still indignant at Freya's poor foresight in the day's battle. Freya looked over at the clock, only 7:00 pm. "Hmm, not even that late. Perhaps I could find something at the market." She wondered as she got up to leave the room. "You can come with me or you can sit here and mope." She called back to Earl. The Blade Pokemon sat with his arms crossed for a few more moments before getting up to follow Freya down the hall.

((Woops, sorry; schoolwork almost made me forget. Also moves have been altered))

Kestron walked around the market, marvelling at the colorful array of trinkets and food for sale. The trainer tossed his two other pokeballs into the air, releasing his Scrafty and Porygon-Z so that they could partake in the enjoyment. Kestron let his pokemon run about with the trust that they wouldn't get in trouble and started focusing on his main goal: finding a Mawilite. Alas he searched for hours to no avail, almost emptying his wallet for a Skyla figurine before deciding against it at the last moment. Exhausted, Kestron decided to rest at a noodle stand and ordered the Ecruteak bowl.

As Earl and Freya wandered the market, looking at the various souvenirs and such, Freya found herself with the now familiar sensation of being watched. She'd been a Gym Leader for years now, so one would think she'd be used to the attention by now, but she always felt a little uncomfortable about being such a celebrity. It was even worse than usual here, people were here specifically to see Gym Leaders, Freya had lost count of how many times she was approached by some ecstatic fangirl/boy with a book or a cast or a Freya Norden action figure they wanted her to sign. It was just weird to see copies of her badge or her trademark glasses or even figures of herself on sale like this. She eventually realised that she hadn't had dinner yet.
"I suppose we might as well have something to eat. What do you feel like?" She asked Earl. The Gallade pointed over to a noodle stand to their right. "Sure, why not?" She shrugged.
The two of them sat down and made their orders, a tonkotsu ramen, and a basic standard. There was a young man in a baseball cap a few spots down, Freya thought he looked somewhat familiar, but otherwise ignored him, as she was prone to do.

((RL situation and my ongoing fanfic caused my vanishing act here.))

It might just be the Chargestone Cave that separated Driftveil City from Arya's own hometown, but even she couldn't remember the market being this... packed. She was quickly beginning to see one advantage of being a normal trainer in this tournament; less chance of having a fanbase follow you around while browsing the market for items to give your Pokémon.

"Light Clay could work for Emolga... I'll have to remember that." Arya muttered to herself. Her battle was still a while away, there wasn't any sense of urgency in this at present. Now beginning to feel a little bit hungry and noticing the same noodle stand, she called out the said Emolga. Her other two Pokémon weren't too big on noodles.

"I'm gonna head over to that noodle stand for something to eat, do you want to join me?" Arya asked the Pokémon now perched on her shoulder. The light gold Sky Squirrel Pokémon was all up for it, so she joined Kestron and Freya there and ordered Mauville City's Ramen Bowl alongside the basic standard.

(The way all of you depicted Driftveil Market is so awesome ^o^)

While some of the participants of the tournament were surprisingly eating without any fans surrounding them, Cynthia, with the small group of fans (mostly guys..) on the other side of the Market came to look for Freya. Sinnoh Champion didn't want to ask someone to find Psychic-type Gym Leader for her, instead, she wanted to apologize for not coming earlier and congratulate personally.
While walking from shop to shop, looking for Freya, she also managed to buy a fake Battle Frontier Silver Print and a copy of those black things she has in her hair that look somehow better than the one she wears. It shouldn't be surprising though, they costed thrice as much! (Although she got them with a pretty big discount, because she's, you know, champion.)
After a while, Cynthia found a noodle stand with Freya and other participants.
"Quite a tasty dinner you got there. I hope you did not forget to feed your Pokemon as well.. Ahead
Anyways, nice to meet you again Freya! As you may know, I am Cynthia. Congratulations, you are the first winner of this Tournament, I hope to see the same performance in the next battle too. So.. I came here to give you this."
She handled Freya a small square coupon with a PWT logo on it.
"This is the Tournament Coupon. I'm really sorry, I forgot to give it to you earlier. An accident happened near the PWT so I didn't have time earlier.. You can use this coupon to get any battle item, like Mega Stone or a Gem for free! Your will get these by winning any battle in the tournament."
She turned to other participants she noticed while coming to the stand:
"That applies to you too of course."
After talking to Freya, she turned to the other Trainer next to the stand.
"As of you Arya, good luck tomorrow."
(So.. Here are all the things your can get for coupons (each one costs only one coupon!):
You can get any in-battle held item aside from Drives, Plates and Incenses at different shops in the Driftveil Market (Aside from an berries which you can get in a small wooden stand next to the Route 6 entrance from a smiling old woman named Georgia)
You can also change your Pokemons' abilities and moves by a move tutor found in a big tent in the Market or by an Ability Capsule, Rare Candy (which "level ups" your Pokemon so it learns a move) or TMs/HMs found in stores.
There's also a mysterious old man with who sells peculiar stones (Mega Stones) in small cases. Also, he calls Mega Stones by weird names like "Forest's Sting" or a "Red Gem Shield")

Kestron gritted his teeth with contempt as the black-cloaked bane of his trainer career stood two feet away from him, talking to a woman who Kestron promptly recognized as the Psychic-type gym leader that had just won. I mean, all I wanted to do was enjoy some quality Johtonian food and the Wicked Witch of the Sinnoh East had to show up and ruin my night! As Kestron spat foul words to Cynthia in his mind with a sneer on his face, he noticed some of the other people in the stand were looking at him bewildered. Embarrassed, he changed his attitude and proceeded to eat the piping hot noodles in front of him. But thanks to her, I may have a clue as to the Mawilite's location. Look out, Cynthia, the day of your loss inches ever closer!

((Btw, I don't actually hate Cynthia irl; in fact, she's one of my favorite and best characters in the games!))

"Oh, don't you worry Cynthia, we'll be battling as hard as we possibly can. In all battles." Freya said to Cynthia as she took the coupon. Interesting, perhaps she could find something to buy with it later. As Cynthia addressed the others at the stand, things suddenly clicked. That's why she recognised these two, they were competitors in the tournament. In fact the one in the cap was scheduled to battle tomorrow. He seemed to be somewhat pre-occupied with the Sinnoh Champion though. Freya hoped that pre-occupation didn't affect his chances in his battle, it would be a shame to lose a potentially interesting opponent because he was distracted.

On the next day, after the small morning tour where the Sinnoh Champion showed participants where they can exchange their coupons they get from the tournament, Gym Leaders and Trainers were resting in "Olympic Village" awaiting the next battle.

Once again, there was very little real preparation that Arya could do at present. Her Pokémon team's moves were all primed and ready for use but she couldn't look into actually exchanging coupons for items until she got a said coupon by winning a battle in the tournament. All she could do at this point in time was think up a trio of held items that may or may not see the light of day on her Flying type team.

"I guess there's nothing else to do right now except watch today's battles." she finally admitted. There was little to be gained by overthinking things here. The young woman opened the window to her room in Olympic Village to let some fresh air in. The sea breeze coming in from the waters south of Driftveil City was very refreshing.

Kestron woke up in a cold sweat as the sun rose, signaling the start of the second day of the tournament. He clutched the three pokeballs on the dresser besides him and looked at them intently, remembering the grueling training they did the night prior. Maybe I was a bit too hard with the training after seeing her, the trainer thought with regret. He proceeded to get dressed and tossed the three pokeballs in the air to release the creatures within, who all prepared in their own unique ways. The four of them then stretched and boosted their morale with a small pep talk and a big breakfast before heading toward the stadium for their upcoming battle.

Like yesterday, people were coming to the PWT, bringing some stuff for supporting the competitors. Unlike yesterday though, Roxy was standing next to the entrance of the preparing rooms. Gabby, who knew that it would happen didn't even bother to go there, she just went to the PWT and prepared cameras to shoot this event.

This happened for the second time, no one was posting anything for a week. Should I remind about here occasionally or do you prefer something else?

(Sorry, I've just been a little busy and if I miss an alert I tend to forget the thread. I still want to keep going with this.)

Freya walked into the stadium, except this time, she had to go to the trouble of finding a seat to watch from. Which was proving more difficult to be expected, the battle wasn't due to start for another 10 minutes, but the seat were already practically full.
"I don't know, can you see one?" She asked to Irene, who was the one outside her Pokeball today, and floating behind her. Irene flew up a little higher before pointing out a pair of seats a little ways away. They quickly made their way to the seat before someone else could take the seats. A few minutes after she sat down, she realised she was actually a little hungry.
"Dammit, I should've grabbed some popcorn or something before coming in."

((I can't really say any more atm besides meaningless jargon about how I can't wait to battle or how "nervous" I am, thus I've been idly waiting))

((I can't really say any more atm besides meaningless jargon about how I can't wait to battle or how "nervous" I am, thus I've been idly waiting))

(O.O Sorry, I didn't know, I thought you're just not here. Well then, I'll just jump straightforward to the battle.)

(Sorry for not writing for so long, stuff happened and I couldn't write..)

All seats in the PWT were taken, slow disappointed fans were walking back to their homes to at least see the second battle on the TV. Some voice from above announced the coming of Kestron, white lights lit up, highlighting a small path to the battlefield. Kestron walked to the battlefield and although no one from the audience knew him, stone Sinnoh fans began cheering him up. After the coming of Kestron, voice announced his opponent:
"And the next participant of this match is Korrina, The Evolution fighter!"
The same thing with the path happened on her side of the battlefield and both Trainers took the Pokemon they're going to use.
"Time for Lady Korrina's big appearance! I saw you in TV already, you're a strong trainer! Let's do this!"

Kestron grinned slyly, demonstrating his confidence to the audience. But all the while, the trainer was starting to panic when he realized the situation he was in. Both Halcyon and Tsumugu are weak to her Fighting-type pokemon, and Filia won't last forever. Not to mentiom she has Mega Evolution on her side...the odds are stacked against me this time around... Kestron shook off his worries for the time being and focused on the battle. "Heh, you're going down, Korrina!" he exclaimed with pride before sending out Tsumugu. The Scrafty twirled the wheat sprig on its mouth while menacingly glaring at the Gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom