• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

QR Rental Teams

Reaction score
Am I the only one bothered by the continued absence of this feature? Just what are Game Freak waiting for?

It's the one thing that will make me touch my 3DS again.

Good timing indeed, Silktree :p

But now that the feature is live, let's use this thread to share our thoughts and QR codes of our own teams :D

I myself am not really bothered the feature took so long to become available, but I am annoyed we got no info whatsoever about when it would be available. They could've at least given us an estimate, instead of saying it will be available when the game is out and then just say nothing about it anymore. Don't think I'm going to make use of the feature though, I prefer using my own teams. Might make my own teams available though, because I know not everyone has the time/motivation to make a competitive team, I don't mind them using mine.

About time, seriously.

I really don't want to raise pokemon that I don't like, even if it's supposedly competitively good. It's too much of a hassle, and I have my hands full of other stuff to raise another team anyways. Borrowing other teams for the Battle Tree/Battle Royale would be great for boosting win-streaks and who knows, maybe I might change my mind after actually using said pokemon.

and who knows, maybe I might change my mind after actually using said pokemon.

You know, that might actually be a reason I will sometimes use rental teams, simply to try them out before spending effort to actually breed them myself. I've often bred Pokémon only to not like using them when they're actually in battle, I do hate having wasted my time like that. So this could actually be really useful indeed.

I borrowed a qr team yesterday, and I was pretty satisfied with my choice. The Water/Fairy Tapu paired with Alolan Ninetales seemed like a rather good combination to explore.

I rented a team yesterday too, to try it out, and it was pretty fun actually. Reminded me a bit of the Battle Factory, trying to win battles with a team you're not very familiar with (except that now you can actually choose a team, but still). Still think I'm not going to use it very often, having to log in on Global Link all the time to scan a QR code is just too much hassle. Would've been more fun if it was a feature in-game somehow, but I can understand that would be a bit hard to implement.

I do wish I could save rental teams for future use. Saving the QR codes on my PC isn't that big a hassle, I suppose.

Last edited:
One thing I would like to know is how do you turn your team into a QR code and upload it so that others can view it? I'm interested to know how popular my team would be.

One thing I would like to know is how do you turn your team into a QR code and upload it so that others can view it? I'm interested to know how popular my team would be.

1) Add Pokémon to a Battle Team in the PC in your game.
2) Go to the Global Link Website > Profile > QR Rental Teams
3) Click on "Register" next to the Battle Team you want to turn into a Rental Team

You can register up to three Battle Teams as Rental Teams. If your teams have been used at least 20 times (which you can see on the same QR Rental Teams page), your Builder Rank goes up and you can add more teams.

1) Add Pokémon to a Battle Team in the PC in your game.
2) Go to the Global Link Website > Profile > QR Rental Teams
3) Click on "Register" next to the Battle Team you want to turn into a Rental Team

You can register up to three Battle Teams as Rental Teams. If your teams have been used at least 20 times (which you can see on the same QR Rental Teams page), your Builder Rank goes up and you can add more teams.
Thanks.

Welp, looks like Smogon-based teams would be popular picks. Or teams with funny/witty themes

This feature is really helpful. A few days ago I went into the Battle Tree with my story team just to have a taste of it and got my butt kicked by the first trainer. But today I rented the most popular team and won 11 straight battles with it, only losing 1 Pokémon at most per battle (I still haven't lost, but I'm taking a break). I think I'm still going to train my own team eventually though.

There are two rental teams I like to use in the Battle Tree: The first is Alolan Ninetales, Mega Absol and Eevee, and the second is Cloyster, Alolan Marowark and Porygon-Z.

I'll try my luck online eventually. I want to defeat Red and Blue for now.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom