• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question About Clair and Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbruno

Reaction score
Are Clair and Lance supposed to be cousins or siblings? Clair's Bulbapedia page refers to Lance as her cousin(even under the In The Manga section), but in Volume 10 of Pokemon Adventures(which I'm currently reading) refers Lance as Clair's brother. Plus, I know the Fame Checker in FRLG refers to them as being cousins.

In the game canon, they're cousins. This may or may not be true in the other various canons.

The games call them cousins, though they did grow up together and train together.

Ah, ok, different things in different canons. Well, I went ahead and made a couple small edits to Clair's Bulbapedia page.

From what I know, they're cousins. Well, at least in the game canon. As it's been stated, it may be different in some other canons.

yes, they are cousins in the game canon, though in other places, they are considered different things, I would guess, like the manga canon.

I'll be honest, I never really thought about it, i knew they were linked, but i guessed it was through the gym or summit.
Reading these comments, i guess it makes sense there cousins

the game and manga canons are very different, names change, families change. in the games, they're cousins, in PokeSpe, it seems they're siblings.

Only if you're reading the manga.

Hmm? What was that about Lance being her brother in Adventures?

14014.jpg

read the entire GSC chapter first please..

Um, doesn't the bottom panel on the left confirm them as cousins even in the manga?

Yeah, it does. Blaine is mistaken about Clair, but Clair says herself they're cousins, just in the over-the-top manner she usually has.

Um, doesn't the bottom panel on the left confirm them as cousins even in the manga?
Yeah, I think that's the point. The person said that they're confirmed siblings, you said "only in the manga".

I really don't understand how a thread merely asking for a fact to be confirmed could get so long.

And where in HGSS does it say that they are siblings? FrLg state that they're cousins:

Pokégear said:
  • Family and friends?
"From what I've heard, LANCE has a cousin who's a GYM LEADER somewhere far away."

The only thing coming from HgSs was that they had the same grand father, which was already known fact from the originals.

It would appear the question has been more than answered. No need to keep debate over an indisputable fact going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom