• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question about EVs

desunyan

kitten
Reaction score
Sorry for probably another thread about EVs but I have looked it up/read about it alot and I just wanted someone to double check I've worked everything out correctly.

Just finished breeding my Sneasel which turned out amazing (I was only aiming for 31 in speed/attack and hoping for 20's in hp/defense/special defense).

31 HP
31 Speed
31 Attack
31 Defense
21 Special Attack
30 Special Defense

And now I'm about to start the EV training process, heres how I've worked it out so far. (As far as I'm aware running from a battle wont affect anything at all, planning to do this if I encounter the wrong pokemon)

I'm going to go for:
252 Attack EVs
252 Speed EVs
4 HP EVs

First give it 10 Carbos and 10 Protein which will give it 100 EVs in both Attack/Speed

Go to Route 201:
Kill 4 Bidoofs for 1 HP EV each

Kill 30 Starly's with a Power Anklet for 150 Speed EVs (1+4 from the Power Anklet)

Kill 2 Starly's without a Power Anklet for the remaining 2 Speed EVs

Go to Route 203:
Kill 30 Shinx with a Power Bracer for 150 Attack EVs (1+4 from the Power Bracer)

Kill 2 Shinx without a Power Bracer for the remaining 2 Attack EVs

Finished!

Also if anyone knows a better spot for training one of those EVs in platinum please let me know, however I don't want to exp share/rare candy my Sneasel so it needs to be killable by a low level (currently level 1!)

At that low of a level, that's the best option you have. n.n; If you find someone who can infect it with Pokerus, it'll go even faster than that, though.

It'll essentially cut each of those numbers in half.

2 Bidoof
15 Starly + Power Item
1 Starly - Power Item
15 Shinx + Power Item
1 Shinx - Power Item

I can actually infect it for you, if you'd like. Free of charge. n.n

- Tyros

I'll do it without Pokerus but thanks for offering/checking for me! =)

Any time! n.n Good luck with your effort training, then!

- Tyros

If you can handle them, you can use the Super Rod on Route 203 (east of Jubilife) to encounter only Gyarados and Seaking which yield 2 EVs in Atk.

You could battle the fisherman facing east, on the north part of Route 205. He has six Magikarp, so every time you beat him you will get 30 Spe EVs.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom