• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbapedia Question about the 4Kids\TPCi change

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Reaction score
This article claims Carter Cathcart was trolling the Serebii and Bulbagarden forums, but it does not cite any evidence. As someone who only vaguely remembers the drama from back then, does anyone have proof of this?

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
Carter Cathcart posted anonymously under the name "Old Guard Truthseeker" on Bulbagarden Forums and Serebii.Net Forums. He among other things criticized 4Kids, and praised the performance of himself as James, saying he is better than the previous two voice actors of James.
Here’s old guard truth seeker’s profile page. Here’s them claiming that the new voice actor, Cathcart, is better than the previous two, which is in line with what the article describes. However, I haven’t combed through all of their responses to see if they match what the rest of the article says, nor have confirmed this is actually Cathcart’s account.

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Reaction score
Here’s old guard truth seeker’s profile page. Here’s them claiming that the new voice actor, Cathcart, is better than the previous two, which is in line with what the article describes. However, I haven’t combed through all of their responses to see if they match what the rest of the article says, nor have confirmed this is actually Cathcart’s account.
Yeah, that's my main concern. It could just be some random troll (God knows we had a lot of those in the wake of the recast). I wouldn't put it behind Carter to do such a thing (since Taylor et al said they didn't really interact with him back then), but it seems too much like a rando stirring the pot to me.