• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Question about the 4Kids\TPCi change

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Reaction score
This article claims Carter Cathcart was trolling the Serebii and Bulbagarden forums, but it does not cite any evidence. As someone who only vaguely remembers the drama from back then, does anyone have proof of this?

Carter Cathcart posted anonymously under the name "Old Guard Truthseeker" on Bulbagarden Forums and Serebii.Net Forums. He among other things criticized 4Kids, and praised the performance of himself as James, saying he is better than the previous two voice actors of James.
Here’s old guard truth seeker’s profile page. Here’s them claiming that the new voice actor, Cathcart, is better than the previous two, which is in line with what the article describes. However, I haven’t combed through all of their responses to see if they match what the rest of the article says, nor have confirmed this is actually Cathcart’s account.

Here’s old guard truth seeker’s profile page. Here’s them claiming that the new voice actor, Cathcart, is better than the previous two, which is in line with what the article describes. However, I haven’t combed through all of their responses to see if they match what the rest of the article says, nor have confirmed this is actually Cathcart’s account.
Yeah, that's my main concern. It could just be some random troll (God knows we had a lot of those in the wake of the recast). I wouldn't put it behind Carter to do such a thing (since Taylor et al said they didn't really interact with him back then), but it seems too much like a rando stirring the pot to me.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom