• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question about the International dubs

SpanskaFlugan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the international dubs of the Pokemon anime, do you know if the Pokemon company international or 4kids keep copies of the international dubs produced in various countries? I am asking because the Arabic dub of seasons 4 to 7 could be now considered as a lost media ? I have been searching for this dub for years and recently I discovered that not even the dubbing company has a copy of this dub anymore. If the pokemon company or 4kids kept a copy in their archives there could still be hope to restore this dub. I have no idea how to contact the Pokemon company, I know they have a contact us page on their website but i am 100% certain that they would never reply since I have already tried emailing Shopro several times to inquire about this issue but they never responded. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it very much
Thanks

Hi! The local dubs belong to the distributor, not to the companies who had the base version or the dubbing companies. In Latin America that company was called Televix, though eventually TPCi made a total buyout of that dub and began distributing it themselves. Anyway, this is how you can find the distributor's name:

-Check the episode credits and compare them to the English version to see if they have an additional company name mentioned.
-Ask the television channels who aired that dub if they have any information or still have any media stored.
-Search for the distributors of similar series (like Digimon. YuGiOh, etc).

Last edited:
Hi! The local dubs belong to the distributor, not to the companies who had the base version or the dubbing companies. In Latin America that company was called Televix, though eventually TPCi made a total buyout of that dub and began distributing it themselves. Anyway, this is how you can find the distributor's name:

-Check the episode credits and compare them to the English version to see if they have an additional company name mentioned.
-Ask the television channels who aired that dub if they have any information or still have any media stored.
-Search for the distributors of similar series (like Digimon. YuGiOh, etc).
Hello. Thanks for your answer.
I failed to specify that that the dubbing company and the distribution company for the Arabic dub are in fact the same company, they're based in Lebanon and the name is KM Productions. I reached out to them and they informed me that they destroyed the tapes of the Advanced generation episodes since after 4kids lost the rights of the anime, their licence to distruste the series expired and the Pokemon episodes were no longer needed. Since TPCI bought the Latin American dub there is hope that they bought the Arabic dub as well meaning this dub could be restored, but I have no way to know for sure.

I think you can try contacting Al Jadeed TV in Lebanon. They were the last channel to air the show in Lebanon and if I'm not mistaken the only channel that aired season 7 in the whole Arab World. I know that Lebanese TV channels such as LBCI, MTV and Tele Liban, usually archive everything they air, not sure about Al Jadeed but they probably also do. If the research is not successful, 2M in Morocco kept airing the dub until 2010, so you can try contacting them too.

I think you can try contacting Al Jadeed TV in Lebanon. They were the last channel to air the show in Lebanon and if I'm not mistaken the only channel that aired season 7 in the whole Arab World. I know that Lebanese TV channels such as LBCI, MTV and Tele Liban, usually archive everything they air, not sure about Al Jadeed but they probably also do. If the research is not successful, 2M in Morocco kept airing the dub until 2010, so you can try contacting them too.
Yes I already tried emailing both of them as well as the ART Network several times, but none of them ever replied unfortunately.
I read somewhere that in 2020 the company Rotana before launching their kids channel, Rotana kids, they acquired ART Teenz's archived library of works with their broadcasting rights. Not sure how true this is but I have been keeping an eye on Rotana kids for a while now, and I noticed some of the old ART TEENZ programs being aired from time to time. So hopefully one day they'll re air these old seasons of Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom