• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

question

Actually, since I presume TV Tokyo just airs it, what is he name of the company that produces the anime? 4Kids is called by name all the time, but I don't think I've ever heard this, and I can't find the info on Bulbapedia.

Shogukan (or something to that general effect) are the animating team I believe....

and Team OTA.

Just watch the credits for a Japanese Ep, their logos appear at the end.

can any one tell my the e-mail address to the people who came up with idea for pokemon episodes

All this information and more coming up in my next trivia essay. (Really. I was discussing the various roles in the production of anime recently, and I will be matching these roles to names soon enough.)

But for now, an overview of the companies involved:

TV Tokyo airs the show. It also does marketing, and some of the writing.
Shōgakukan has some degree of control over the show. It also publishes the DVDs and VHS in association with Media Factory. Primarily though it does marketing through its print publications - a list of them is found in the (Japanese) opening credits.
Oriental Light & Magic, or OLM, is the main studio for animation. Team Ota, Koitabashi and Wasaki have worked on Pokémon before - anime, movies/specials, and Mewtwo Returns respectively. They subcontract some of the more menial labour out to other studios, I think.

Also, a note about writing: there are the series writers, who write in a general sense, there are the storyboarders, and there are the screenplay/teleplay writers (previously translated as scenario writers) who actually write the script (as in dialogue).

Last edited:
Do you speak Japanese?

No?

Hahahahahahahahaha good luck

idea

i got some idea for pokemon episodes and i want to send my idea to the people who make the pokemon

For one, they legally can't accept ideas from people who don't work for them or who haven't signed some sort of contract.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom