• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

quick question about movie 5

Cybersai

Reaction score
what is the proper name for those things Ash and Misty raced on in the beginning of the 5th movie?

They were named?

I'd just call them floating pod thingies.... or Pokepods or whatever.

Unless the Japanese referred to them - and I doubt they did as they only really featured in musical moments - they probably never got any name at all.

Does anyone here have the "This is Animation" book for Movie 5? If so, it might include design sketches that would tell us what they're called.

What are those things called in real life then? Don't they use them in water shows and the like?

Don't they have those things in water shows, where a dolphin or something pulls the "boat" by a rope and let's the person ski around the water? Or more commonly, the rope is attached to a sports boat that's zooming in the ocean, while a guy stands on one of those floating things while holding onto the rope along the water.

I mean, they seem to be resembled by something in real life don't they? They're not water ski's or anything, but don't those "boats" actually exist? That's why I'm trying to find out what they're called.

There are design sketches on the DVD as well. Methinks Blackjack would have the book though.

First word that came to mind was 'toboggan'.But then I googled it and wasn't even close.

But yeah,I swear I've seen those types of 'boats' in real life too.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom