• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Quick question on Pokémon Live

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
What link did the creator(s) of Live have with the anime makers - in Japan and/or America?

The people behind live were the producers of the dub. It was an entirely 4Kids adventure.

Had some damn good music though - I wish they'd released a DVD of it.

Man, though, it would be nice if it did. Then Diamondshipping would *officially* be canon! Heehee!

I think that was some sort of misinterpretation. Right after it came out in the USA, Japan had a Pokemon stage show thing, but it wasn't Pokemon Live. From what I hear, it was mostly Rica Matsumoto singing... it was more of a concert than anything else.

In one of the commentaries on the movie DVD's, they said they asked Nintendo for permission to do it. I would kill for a DVD of that. Not a huge Diamondshipper, but likes any chance to see Mewtwo hand Gio his behind.

Yeah, they said that on the 3rd movie DVD's audio commentary.

It was really interesting.

I'm still wondering about the whole, "You can't make Giovanni Ash's dad because you'll find out who Ash's dad is in season four" thing. The writers probably just made that up because they wanted to decide who Ash's dad was later on. Or something. Unless we missed something. :p

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom