• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Quotes for N

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score
N's page has no quotes, and the 'Pedia's locked to all non-staff members for editing, so I figured I could post N's quotes here as I get them, so that the staff could add them.

Well, here's N's quotes up to Nacrene City.

At Accumula Town:
"Your Pokémon... Just now, it was saying..."

"Yes, they're talking. Oh. Then, you two can't hear it, either... How sad. My name is N."

"The Pokédex, eh? So... You're going to confine many, many Pokémon in Poké Balls for that, then. I'm a Trainer, too, but I can't help wondering... Are Pokémon really happy that way?"

"Well, <player>, is it? Let me hear your Pokémon's voice again!"

After Purrloin takes a hit:
"More! Let me hear the voice of your Pokémon!"

After being defeated:
"I never expected to hear Pokémon say such things..."

After the battle:
"As long as Pokémon are confined in Poké Balls...Pokémon will never become perfect beings. I have to change the world for Pokémon, because they're my friends."

At Nacrene City:
"I... want to see things no one can see. The truths of Pokémon inside Poké Balls. The ideals of how Trainers should be. And a future where Pokémon have become perfect... Do you feel the same?"

If YES is selected:

"That so? I think my friends and I should test you to see if you can see this future, too."

After being defeated:
"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

After battle:
"Right now, my friends aren't strong enough to save all Pokémon. Maybe I can't solve the equation that will change the world. So, I need power... Power enough to make anyone agree with me.

Now I know what power I need. Zekrom!(B)/Reshiram!(W) The legendary Pokémon that, along with the hero, created the Unova region. It's my turn to become that hero-- and you and I will be friends!"

More to come. Anyone else can feel free to submit.

Last edited:
What N says between the last battle with him and the battle with Ghetsis:

N: ... ...
(N's dragon) and I were beaten.
Your ideals... Your feelings... They were stronger than mine, it seems...
N: (player's dragon) and (N's dragon)...
Each of them chose a different hero... is that even possible?
Two heroes living at the same time-- one that pursues ideals and one that pursues truth. Could...could they both be right?
I don't know.
It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction.
This is truly the formula for changing the world.

Well, I've transcribed the dialogue from N's Castle from when Ghetsis confronts you in front of the throne room. I've included other people's dialogue for context reasons, but here's what I have.

This applies to Pokémon White. Terminology such as the Dark Stone and Reshiram/Zekrom (and possibly "ideals"/"truth") may be different for Black Version.
Ghetsis said:
"Welcome, holder of the Dark Stone. The castle that appeared as if it were enveloping the Pokémon League is a symbol. It means Unova will change."

"The king of this castle is the strongest Trainer in the world. He is accompanied by the legendary Pokémon. He has defeated the Champion. Added to all that, his heart burns with the desire to improve the world. If that's not what makes a hero, what more do you need? Now that the stage is set, we can seize people's minds and hearts. We can bring into being the world that I--no, that Team Plasma--desires more easily than you can imagine! We and only we will use Pokémon and we shall rule the powerless populace!"

"I've been waiting so long for this! I've kept my silence so no one could piece together what I planned. Now, those painful days are at an end!"

"Go! Onward!"

"Discover whether you have what it takes to be a hero!"

----

"Go! Holder of the Dark Stone! In this room, you can learn whether you, too, can be a hero!"

At N's Castle

N said:
"What I desire is a world for Pokémon and Pokémon alone. I will separate Pokémon from people, so Pokémon can regain their original power."

"It's time to settle this once and for all! My determination is absolute! I will prove the value of my beliefs even if it means my Pokémon friends get hurt! Since you've come this far, I believe you are equally determined. If that's so, prove it to me! Show me the depth of your determination!"

"You came all this way to battle me... But Zekrom is not responding. You haven't yet been recognized as the hero, have you? How disappointing. I actually kind of liked you a little. Through our many battles, I got the feeling that you might be a Trainer who truly cares for Pokémon!"

"But I was kidding myself. The idea of Trainers getting to know each other through battles is ridiculous! You have two options. Challenge me to a fight you can't win, or leave this place and watch the birth of a new world where Pokémon are free of people!"

"Reshiram! Come to me!"

"Your Dark Stone is... I mean, Zekrom is..."

"Reshiram and Zekrom... They were once life. One Pokémon. Complete opposites, yet the same. Reshiram and Zekrom are Pokémon that appear before the hero they recognize. Ah... I see. You really are a hero, too."

"I'll tell you what that Pokémon is saying to you. 'I want to battle with you. Try to make me your friend and ally.' It plans to test you to see if you are really pursuing ideals. I, also, am curious to see how powerful you are. Now, catch Zekrom and make it your ally!"

-----

"Get ready! Go after it! Zekrom will bare its fangs at people who fail to follow their ideals."

At N's Castle

Reshiram said:
Preeeeaah!
Zekrom said:
Bazzazzazzash!

N said:
  • After Zekrom is captured
"Ah... I see. Zekrom, who is said to lend its power to the hero who searches for ideals, has recognized your power and now agrees to stand by your side..."

"Hold on Your Pokémon are hurt. There is no triumph to be gained in battling a weakened opponent."
  • Before battle
"Now, I will create the future I desire! I shall sweep you before me!"
  • During battle (initial nonlethal strike)
"Do you really think you can stop us with that?"
  • After sending out last Pokémon
"My last friend... Please share your courage with me!"
  • During battle (less than half HP)
"Is the world going to chose you--and not me?!"
  • When defeated
"Everything's ruined. The truth I held... The dreams Pokémon shared..."

"... ... Reshiram and I were beaten. Your ideals... Your feelings... They were stronger than mine, it seems..."

"Zekrom and Reshiram... Each of them choosing a different hero... Is that even possible? Two heroes living at the same time--one that pursues ideals and one that pursues truth. Could...could they both be right? I don't know. It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction. That is truly the formula for changing the world."

At N's Castle

Ghetsis said:
  • After N's defeat
"After all of that, do you think you're still worthy of sharing the name Harmonia with me? You good-for-nothing boy!"

"To start with, I spurred N into pursuing the truth. The reason we reawakened the legendary Pokémon now was to give MY Team Plasma more power! Power to control the fearful masses! That at least was well done."

"After saying you had to put your beliefs on the line and battle to see which one chosen by the legendary Pokémon was the true hero... You lost to an ordinary Trainer! This is such a thing as being too stupid! Add it up, ad you are nothing more than a warped, defective boy who knows nothing but Pokémon..."

"<Player>! I never would have thought the legendary Pokémon would choose a Trainer like you! It caught me completely off guard. This doesn't change my goal. My plans have not be disturbed! In order to rule this world utterly, in order to manipulate the hearts of people who know nothing, I will have N be the king of Team Plasma. But, for that to work, you--since you know the truth--You must be eliminated!"

At N's Castle

Cheren said:
  • Responding to Ghetsis
"Rule the world?? Wasn't Team Plasma's goal to liberate Pokémon"

At N's Castle

Ghetsis said:
  • Responding to Cheren
"That was just a convenient lie that I needed to create Team Plasma. Use your head. What's to be gained from letting go of useful things like Pokémon? Certainly, manipulating Pokémon helps people expand their possibilities. That much, I can agree with. So it naturally follows that only I should be able to use Pokémon!"

At N's Castle

Alder said:
  • Responding to Ghetsis
"You fool! That's a ridiculous idea!"

At N's Castle

Ghetsis said:
  • Responding to Alder
"You can say whatever you want. A Pokémon, even if it's revered as a deity, is still just a Pokémon. <Player>, so what if it chose you! That doesn't mean you're a threat. Come on! Now you'll face ME in battle! I can't wait to see the look on your face when you've lost all hope!"

At N's Castle

N said:
  • Healing the Player's Pokémon before Ghetsis challenges the Player
"<Player>!"

At N's Castle

Ghetsis said:
  • Before battle
"I won't allow anyone to stop me! No matter who does what!"

• During battle (initial nonlethal strike)
"I was expecting exactly that kind of move!"
Note: Ghetsis doesn't say anything when he sends out his last Pokémon.
  • During battle (less than half HP)
"What is going on here?"
  • When defeated
"My calculations... No! My careful schemes! The world should be mine!"
  • After the battle
"What?! I created Team Plasma with my own hands. I'm absolutely perfect! I AM PERFECTION! I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!"

At N's Castle

Alder said:
  • After Ghetsis's defeat
"Now, N... Do you still think Pokémon and people should be separated?"

At N's Castle

Ghetsis said:
  • Replying to Alder
"Mwa ha ha! Since I couldn't become the hero and obtain the legendary Pokémon myself... I prepared someone for that purpose--N! He's nothing more than a freak without a human heart. Do you think you're going to get through to a warped person like that?!"

At N's Castle

Cheren said:
"Alder, it's a waste of valuable time listening to him ramble on. He is the one without a human heart!"

At N's Castle

Alder said:
  • Replying to Cheren
"You're right. He's truly pitiful. N... I'm sure you have much to think about. I know you were not pursuing the truth because of Ghetsis's manipulation, but because your heart was truly inspired. That is why you were able to meet the legendary Pokémon!"

At N's Castle

N said:
  • Replying to Alder
"But...I have no right to be the hero!"

At N's Castle

Alder said:
  • Replying to N
"Is that so? What you and the legendary Pokémon are going to do from now on... That's important, wouldn't you say?"

At N's Castle

N said:
  • Replying to Alder
"Acting like you understand... Up till now, we've been fighting each other over our beliefs! Yet, despite that... Why?!"

At N's Castle

Alder said:
  • Replying to N
"N, even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."

At N's Castle

N said:
"I want to talk to you about something."

"It's about when I first met you in Accumula Town. I was shocked when I heard what your Pokémon was saying."

"I was shocked because that Pokémon said it liked you. It said it wanted to be with you."

"I couldn't understand it. I couldn't believe there were Pokémon that liked people. Because, up until that moment, I'd never known a Pokémon like that."

"The longer my journey continued, the more unsure I became. All I kept meeting were Pokémon and people who communicated with one another and helped one another. That was why I needed to confirm my beliefs by battling with you. I wanted to confront you hero-to-hero. I needed that more than anything."

"There's no way a person like me, someone who understands only Pokémon--No, actually... I didn't understand them, either. No way could I measure up to you, when you had met so many Pokémon and were surrounded by friends..."

"The Champion has forgiven me, and... What I should do now is something I'll have to decide for myself."
  • After sending out Reshiram
"<Player>! You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you! <Player>!"

"Well, then... Farewell!"

At N's Castle

If I could suggest, this thread should be for important NPCs as a whole, rather than exclusively N.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom