• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Qwilfish vs Lumineon

Opossumguy

Some say I'm part opossum
Reaction score
Both of these are fish-based Water types, from even numbered generations, are kind of uncommon, have the same egg group, and are often forgotten. Who do you say is better in terms of:

Who would win in a fight?
Who has a better appearance?
Who do you like overall?

Personally my vote goes to Qwilfish, because he has been my favorite for a long time.

Just gotta pick Qwilfish here. that little pufferfish is EXTREMELY dangerous in rain. Swords Dance + Poison Jab + Waterfall + Destiny Bond = A very dangerous little fish.

Lumineon! He's gorgeous! <3

Who would win in a fight?
Hm...I don't know. D: I guess Qwilfish, who has explosion.

Who has a better appearance?
Lumineon is prettier. While I find Qwilfish is cute as well, I'm a sucker for lovely Pokemon. Besides, Lumineon is a butterfly fish! He should have been Water/Bug, yo!

Who do you like overall?
Lumineon! Quite lovely, like a handful of water Pokemon are. D:

Lumineon can be surprisingly strong, if you use the right strategy.

Lumineon's design just looks kind of awkward. I vote Qwilfish, as it can be deadly in the right situation, has a better design, and can be used as a flail if the need be.

Ah, I have to say Qwilfish. Lumineon looks like someone morphed a butterfly with a frog. I can actually tell what Qwilfish is off of.

Qwilfish. It's always been one of my favorites, and I can't stand Lumineon's design.

Just gotta pick Qwilfish here. that little pufferfish is EXTREMELY dangerous in rain. Swords Dance + Poison Jab + Waterfall + Destiny Bond = A very dangerous little fish.

i have to agree with WNW here.
quilfish is deadly

I think that Qwilfish has a funny appearance. Apart from its round and bloated characteristic, he/she has a serious face. Of course, he/she is somewhat useful in battle, due to the type combination and the ability to set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes, not to mention being a potent attacker in Rain. Here's hoping Lumineon gets Butterfly Dance in the future!

Thanks for reading.

I'll say Qwilfish, because I've never given Lumineon much thought, and I've had a Qwilfish before.

i have to agree with WNW here.
quilfish is deadly

I thought I would finally see a Qwilfish-related thread where everybody spelled its name right for once... Oh, well.

Anyway, I voted Qwilfish, obviously. It's infinitely cooler and stronger than Lumineon could ever hope to be. And it's a Poison-type, which IMO makes it even cooler.

With a mustache.

It's nice to see so much Qwilfish support. When I made the thread, I thought Lumineon was going to be the top choice. Anyway, I think I found another similarity. If memory serves right, they're both found on Iron Island.

I would say Lumineon because it's beautiful and stronger. In my opinion, Qwilfish is ugly and weaker.

It's interesting to see how people think about these two Pokemon. Also, another pro- Qwilfish point is that it can learn surf despite being a poor swimmer. He contradicts himself!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom