• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Qwilfish vs Lumineon

Lumineon is a lame reshash that falls somewhere in between the ranks of Seaking and Milotic, but Qwilfish is an annoying derp that's overdue for an evo. Lumineon wins.

I tend to find fish Pokémon boring, with very few exceptions. Out of thse, I'd probably pick Qwilfish, though. It's no Tentacruel, but it can do something, whereas Lumineon is rather generic. Their designs don't really strike me either, so yeah. I'll go with Qwilfish purely for having some uses.

I've actually used a Qwilfish and it was pretty good in battle. Lumineon's design is just... so plain.

Qwilfish can fulfill two different roles... rain sweeper or dual spiker

Lumineon can... use U-turn.

Qwilfish for sure!

Who would win in a fight?
Dunno.
Who has a better appearance?
Spike ball.
Who do you like overall?
Spike ball.

Lumineon doesn't stand out much to me, so Qwilfish it is.

It's such a boring and uninteresting water-type Pokemon, yet I also used it in my first play through of the Japanese DP back in the day, so I actually have a slight like for Lumineon due to that, even though I've never really put it into any top favorite lists.

Qwilfish, on the other hand, isn't bad, but I've never used it or anything, so it loses out.

Lumineon looks better...

My decision could also be affected by the fact that Johto is my least favourite region...

It's interesting to see how much the results are almost evenly split. I knew this would be an interesting matchup...Also, both Pokemon can learn new moves in the Dream World.

Who would win in a fight?
Qwilfish would beat Lumineon to a pulp

Who has a better appearance?
I liked Qwilfish better. Pufferfish FTW!

Who do you like overall?
Qwilfish, duh!
Lumineon has no use for me, since it isn't dual, which means lower chance of STAB.

Lumineon = beautiful.
Qwilfish = Hm... try again, little and ugly spike ball.

My vote is obvious.

This has become a pretty popular thread lately. Anyway, another reason I picked Qwilfish is because I feel that it is extremely underrated.

Who would win in a fight? Quilfish would poison ftw.
Who has a better appearance? Lumineon
Who do you like overall? Despite my love for the poison type I have to go with overall attractiveness and because of that the beautiful Lumineon gets my vote..quite possibly the cutest water pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom