• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Racists = Losers

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
A few hours ago, a little Australian cretin (I recently learned that Australians call these people “drop kicks”) went to Christchurch, New Zealand, and murdered a whole bunch of people more beautiful and happy than he will ever be. Senseless killing happens far too often, but I felt the need to talk about this one because the shooter is part of a recent breed.

Because these people always think they’re very smart, he posted a nasty little diary on-line before he went and got his fifteen minutes of fame. In this diary, he makes reference to a bunch of pop culture fixtures and Internet memes. Shortly before the shooting, he hyped up his little friend group of Internet deadbeats on an image board which is blacklisted from Google, and he strapped his phone to his helmet and live-streamed the shooting.

Rather than being your typical attention-seeker type of mass killer, however, this little man thinks he has a righteous ideology for which he’s carrying out his super-special duty. In other words, he’s racist.

The breed of person that this shooter is, is one who feels so isolated in their racism that they find an anemic little pit on the Internet for people just like him to pat each other on the back. Exactly like the “libcucks” they devote so much of their head-space to, they echo each other on loop in their cozy safe space until they’re all hyped up to go do something for their great cause, because they think white people are somehow in need of “protecting” from “invaders” who have way cleaner and prettier skin than they do.

The thing I want to stress here is that the braver ones in these tiny clubs will go out to other parts of the Internet and leave small little seeds of their hatred and sadness. They disguise themselves as people with a “dark sense of humor” that you just need to get over. In reality, people who share pictures of anime girls in Nazi uniforms only pretend that these are jokes so that they can advertise themselves to any comrades out here in the normiesphere, where normal people go. These “memes” are also tools intended to normalize racist imagery, so that impressionable young edgelords can spread them too, thinking that they’re part of some edgy counter-culture and that makes them cool. In time, many of these young edgelords will be approached, buttered up, and eased into racism by people so cowardly that this is what they’ve been reduced to.

So I encourage you, next time you see a “meme” about shoving the Soviet anthem into places where it’s most annoying, ask yourself, “Is this actually a meme, and is there actually a punch-line here?” The answer will be telling.

Racists are people so stupid and so pathetic that they cling to their race as their source of pride, because they know how slight their prospects are and how little their achievements amount to, when going off of personality alone. The best response to them on the Internet is not anger or fear, but pity, because deep down inside they’re all just 14-year-olds who’ve locked themselves in their bubble and refused to grow up.

This shooting is a current event, so very little information is known for a fact. There are multiple suspects arrested, so it may not be one single gnat that made all the Internet misfits smile in their well-cushioned gaming chairs today. I have read the shooter’s name a few times thanks to news outlets with no tact or decency, but soon I will forget his name, as all people will. Once the victims’ names are known, I encourage you to spread those people’s names, because while I don’t know anything about any of them, I can tell you that they actually went outside and participated in their community. It’s a shame that their lives were stolen from them because a couple of sad weirdos were jealous.

Warning: related rant
A lot of shooters/terrorists (especially here in the USA) are copycats of some other asshole who did something similar in the past. Here in the Northeast we had the worst school shooting recorded at the time (Sandy Hook in Connecticut), then the Boston Marathon bombings (I used to work at a convenience store next door to where the brothers behind the bombing used to work. I didn't know them personally because I didn't get the job until a month later), and a failed attempt to attack on the 2015 Pokemon World Championships. And here I am thinking.. "What the actual fuck is wrong with some people?! If you decide you want to shoot up, and/or bomb, some decent amount of innocent people because either they disagree with you, and/or you just want your fifteen minutes of fame on Fox News, or whatever, then you pretty much suck as a human being."

@Kung Fu Ferret; White nationalists outside of Europe have an extra layer of stupid on top of that one. Any country with a white majority outside of Europe was stolen from under the feet of people who were actually there first. That doesn’t matter now, because nobody alive today stole anyone else’s country, so it would be foolish to retaliate against white people like me who are just here through no decision of their own. Equally as small-minded as attacking minorities because they had the nerve to do the exact same thing my Italian great-grandparents did.

I've had people refer to me as an "n-word lover" because of the fact that I tend to date women who just so happen to be black. Racist morons who spew out slurs like it's no big deal make me want to puke all of my guts out.

By the way, the man who attempted to tackle the shooter in the bigger mosque was named Naeem Rashid. He tried taking the gun away from the creep, but was shot multiple times and later died of his injuries. His is a name worth spreading, he gave his life in the slim hope that he could stop more people from dying.

At the smaller mosque, another man who hasn’t yet been named was actually successful in taking the gun from the shooter, who then ran away because anyone who needs a gun to feel like a big man is, invariably, a pussy.

EDIT: The man at the smaller mosque who was successful in cancelling the shooter’s plan is alive, unharmed, and named Abdul Aziz. Here is another name worth spreading, he and Naeem Rashid has equal amounts of bravery, and fortunately Aziz was able to interrupt the shooter’s master plan.

Aziz wrestled the gun out of the shooter’s hands, then chased the shooter back to his car, as Aziz grabbed a credit card reader out of the mosque and threw it at the shooter. Then, the shooter grabbed another gun from his car. Aziz weaved between cars in the parking lot to avoid shots, and found an abandoned gun on the ground. He aimed it at the shooter and pulled the trigger, but the gun was empty. Thinking quick, he hurled the gun like a spear through the shooter’s windshield, and this scared the shooter so badly that this is the moment he decided to run away. (In case you needed more proof that this shooter is a man-baby, he got scared by a loud noise, poor baby.) The shooter was later T-boned by police so bad that one of his wheels was left spinning some inches off the ground.

I had to rewrite this whole account because I refuse to link any news stories that give the shooter a name. The only thing worth remembering about the shooter is that he pissed his pants and ran away when Abdul Aziz threw things at him.

Last edited:
Appearantly this jerk was inspired by a Norwegian terrorist from 2011. Not gonna say his name because he and everything he stands for utterly disgusts me. What makes me even more angry is the fact that his punishment is so weak we got news about him complaining about not getting a gaming console. Excuse my language, but nobody fucking cares. Nobody with that little humanity deserves any joy.

It was such a horrible and heartless attack I'm outraged and horrified by the fact that anyone would take inspiration from something like that. Then again I suppose there will always be evil in the world. I'm happy there seems to be a lot of support for the victims though. Shows there's good too. The primeminister of New Zealand even made a speech about how the terrorist doesn't belong there in any way, while the immigrants do. They've come there to feel safe, yet they face hate, in their own religious space even, a place for them to gather and express their culture and religion.

The people who tried stopping the terrorist are very brave and deserve to be remembered and praised. It reminds me of the people who helped the survivors of the terror attack in Norway get to safety. I'll always admire courage and kindness like that.

@noworry ; I was here on BMGf when the Norway attack happened, maybe the posts still exist somewhere on here of me being 14 and disgusted that the Norway coward got sentenced to “21 years”. However, as I’ve come to find out, the way it works is when those 21 years are up, a psychiatrist will evaluate him, and if he’s determined to still be a danger to society, he’ll be sentenced again. We can only hope that the psychiatrists assigned to him for the rest of his life will only meet with him as a formality before they recommend another 21 years, and another, until he’s dead.

That’s why I’m actually glad that the Christchurch coward is alive, because dying is a relief for these people. The real maximum punishment is spending the rest of their life in prison.

@noworry ; I was here on BMGf when the Norway attack happened, maybe the posts still exist somewhere on here of me being 14 and disgusted that the Norway coward got sentenced to “21 years”. However, as I’ve come to find out, the way it works is when those 21 years are up, a psychiatrist will evaluate him, and if he’s determined to still be a danger to society, he’ll be sentenced again. We can only hope that the psychiatrists assigned to him for the rest of his life will only meet with him as a formality before they recommend another 21 years, and another, until he’s dead.

That’s why I’m actually glad that the Christchurch coward is alive, because dying is a relief for these people. The real maximum punishment is spending the rest of their life in prison.
Yeah I know that’s how it works (as I am Norwegian). I’m pretty sure people would be after him if he got out either way. Not only did he express extremely awful views but he also took the life of many kids, I don’t think anyone would ever forgive him.

"
The thing I want to stress here is that the braver ones in these tiny clubs will go out to other parts of the Internet and leave small little seeds of their hatred and sadness. They disguise themselves as people with a “dark sense of humor” that you just need to get over. In reality, people who share pictures of anime girls in Nazi uniforms only pretend that these are jokes so that they can advertise themselves to any comrades out here in the normiesphere, where normal people go. These “memes” are also tools intended to normalize racist imagery, so that impressionable young edgelords can spread them too, thinking that they’re part of some edgy counter-culture and that makes them cool. In time, many of these young edgelords will be approached, buttered up, and eased into racism by people so cowardly that this is what they’ve been reduced to."Fuck this fear mongering.

You can't downplay Nazis as losers but, also pump them up as a such a major threat that justifies censorship "that's totally not censorship because I say so. If you have a problem with my actions you're a Nazi sympathizer". It's contradictory.

@Harmful Heron; The problem with your argument is that I haven’t advocated censorship in any of the posts I’ve made so far. What I have advocated is retaliation against people making lame jokes. If you’re afraid that your sense of humor skirts the line with the actual racists who are running around, then I would suggest getting a better sense of humor.

@Cap'n Jack the consequences of "this is dog whistling" "that is dog whistling" all the time is censorship.

Also define retaliation. Also the classic "if I run over you it's your fault for not getting out of the way"

@Harmful Heron; “Retaliation” as in judging or calling out other people for 1) shitty unfunny jokes, 2) thinly-veiled racism, or 3) intentionally being edgy and contrarian just to muddy the waters for no good reason; and teaching others to be better than that.

I wish we had a different word for “censorship” that’s carried out by a private entity on their own platform, so I knew which type of “censorship” you’re talking about. Twitter and Facebook and Google are private entities, and they can police their own platforms and remove posts for any reason they like (“We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer”). Two people arguing is certainly not censorship. But when the government steps in and dictates what can and can’t be said, then there’s a problem.

The "it's not censorship if it isn't the government does it" thing needs to die. Yeah sure freedom of association is nice but, for example visa and MasterCard have a duolpoly. What is the endgame of calling out people who are edgy and contrarian?

Last edited:
@Harmful Heron; The same reason you’re talking to me, you have something you think is important to share, so do I.

And I get what you’re saying, when corporations get huge enough they invariably turn into something else. If Facebook, Twitter and Facebook went out of business tomorrow, I’d be happy. However, they have the same rights as the hosts of this forum, for example.

So I encourage you, next time you see a “meme” about shoving the Soviet anthem into places where it’s most annoying, ask yourself, “Is this actually a meme, and is there actually a punch-line here?” The answer will be telling.

Its funny you say this. The other day on one of the Pokemon subreddits, someone posted a meme comparing different versions of Ash, "Chad" vs. "Virgin". If you didn't know, this is the terminology of "incels" or "involuntary celibates" i.e. people (typical straight cis men) who not only judge their entire self worth by how romanctically active they are, but also misogynistically decide to blame women for it for being too shallow.

I called that gross reproduction of incel culture out for what it was, and I was told to chill out, cause it was supposedly just a joke. Well, I wasn't laughing, I can tell you that, but I did fully believe at the time that it had been intended as a joke. However, having read your post, I now find myself thinking whether or not it really was meant to be a joke, or if it was meant to be a stealth recruitment meme, and furthermore how many men propagate sexism because of toxic, incel mascuilinity.

@Cap'n Jack; I love Chad vs. Virgin memes! Honestly, if I had been there I might have been one of the people telling you to chill out, lol. I think Chad vs. Virgin memes are making fun of both sides, the really good ones will make both the Chad and the Virgin sound like assholes, because anybody who actually believes the “Chad” is real, are assholes.

The types of “jokes” that make me raise my eyebrow the way you did, are mainly dressing up characters in Nazi uniforms for no reason, out of nowhere. Like, how is anyone gonna turn to me after sharing a picture like that and say, “Get it?!” There’s nothing to get, it’s shock jockeying at best.

I am horrified at what this far-right wing idiot did in New Zealand. Unfortunately, a lot of people I know have opinions that are no different to him. And to rub insult into the wounds, this guy called Fraser Anning (a senator from Queensland who only got into the senate on 19 votes in a double-dissolution election in 2016) blamed the victims for what happened. As an Australian, I disown the terrorist who did this horrible crime, and I disown people like Fraser Anning who obviously have no decency; and these people are not reflective of Australians as a whole.

I believe that you need to learn history so you don't repeat it. And unfortunately, there are people around the world, and even here in Australia who never learned history and that's why they spread hatred of the others. Remember that the Holocaust didn't start with the gas chambers at Auschwitz; it started with words and hatred of the other (in this case the Jewish people) about a decade prior. And no doubt that we could see another Holocaust happen not too far in the future, because the media and politicians are using hate speech to stigmatize the other (this time Muslims). And no doubt this will end the same way as the hated towards the Jewish people in Germany in the 1930s, gas chambers killing millions of innocent people, just like what happened in places such as Auschwitz in the 1940s.

My heart goes out to the victims of this terrorist attack and their families, and hopefully the cancer that is these far-right nutcases can be removed from our society.

Last edited:
Killing innocent people that have done NOTHING to you or your family, is inexcusable. What these white nationalists did is disgusting.

That said, please stop with this racism talk, because Islam is not a race. It's a religion. A religion that allows killing homosexuals with stones, and killing a daughter who "dishonoured your family".

Sadly, there are many, many, Muslims who agree with these Islamic Shariah laws. I am not talking about radical Muslims. I am talking about regular, quiet Muslims who probably wouldn't have the guts to kill a homosexual person, but would approve if someone more radical than them did it.

I feel sorry for the peaceful, good Muslims, who have to suffer because of what those "other" Muslims do, but at this point, I am not sure which Muslims are the majority, and which are the minority.

The Qur'an can be interpreted in different ways, but the problem is that the radical interpretation is the one that is spreading worldwide. It's because countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar are financially "pushing" radical Islam as the true Islam by financially rewarding Mosques all around the world who appoint radical Imams, instead of moderate ones. And the powerful Western World countries are simply turning their heads elsewhere, and pretend it's not happening, because it would be "politically incorrect"...

So please don't blame the media for "portraying" Muslims as the bad guys. Blame the Mosques and the Imams.

Don't quote this post yet, as I may edit some things later.

Last edited:
I've had people refer to me as an "n-word lover" because of the fact that I tend to date women who just so happen to be black. Racist morons who spew out slurs like it's no big deal make me want to puke all of my guts out.
Omg I've never been called that but one of my ex is black and whenever it would come up people would just like give me this look and just say "Oh..."

Like you said it's not a big deal. I really don't understand racism, I was raised by my mom to accept everyone no matter the skin color, beliefs, gender identity, or sexual orientation.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom