• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Radical ideas

-Luster Purge-

Formerly sirphish
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting if we just had new starters, new legends, and maybe roughly 20-30 new additions to the already existing 493. The rest of the regional dex being comprised of mons we have already seen and know. HOWEVER. They have slightly altered appearances due to regional difference. And in turn maybe also more diverse movesets and abilities? Or Typing alterations? Inspired inpart due to notch ear. Put more a focus on changing up and revamping the series rather then just add 100 or so new critters. Maybe drop the cliche evil team(s). ect ect.
Thoughts, other ideas, concerns?

No. 100+ New Pokemon all the way. [sarcasm]Although I'd love to see a Grass-Type Charmander![/sarcasm]

Wasn't there a card game expansion that changed every pokemon's type?

We do love Steampunk Abortions, don't we?

HOWEVER, I entirely approve of regional differences. For instance: make Arbok different in every game. A new Shellos/Gastrodon style for every region. And weren't Butterfree different in the Orange Islands? Whip that shit in there too.

30 new Pokemon? NO thanks very much. I want as many new Pokemon as possible. At least 150. New Pokemon is basically the "heart" and "soul" of a new Pokemon RPG. I don't want them to half ass it and give us a couple dozen new monsters.

We do love Steampunk Abortions, don't we?

HOWEVER, I entirely approve of regional differences. For instance: make Arbok different in every game. A new Shellos/Gastrodon style for every region. And weren't Butterfree different in the Orange Islands? Whip that shit in there too.

yeah this region should have all shiny pokemon imho

Oh my god. This guy is a genius... Pokemon with SWITCHED TYPES!?
Grassmander.png

Grassmeleon.png

Charleazard.png

GENIUS!!![/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Sirphish is like the Che Guevara of pokemon fans, your all just 2 old & capitalist to comprehend his genius. ¡Viva la Pokémon!

Why not just drop the idea of new Pokemon, and just make it a generation of remakes of previous games with "improved" game mechanics, no evil organizations, changed pokemon types and appearances?
Lots of Pokemon already. We don't need any more!

[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Hyper Radical Idea, So Radical A Certain Quartet of Reptilian Brothers Would Have Difficulty Dealing With It:

A video game (wait for it...)...

OF THE CARD GAME.

Did I just blow your mind? No way they've done that shit before, nuh-uh.

Yup. That must be it. What other group of reptilian brothers who practice ninjitsu would use words like "radical" or "kowabunga" or "pizza".

Unlike most people here, I'll just say that I don't like the idea, without the use of sarcasm and/or trolling.

idk why you guys gotta be so mean to this dude i like the idea. adds some variety. and you know what they say, variety's the spice of life. thumbsupcat.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom