• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Raichu VS Pikachu

Gligar13

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
2 Pokemon. One famous due to the anime and being in almost every media, one almost forgotten about by the games and anime but more powerful. Who will win?

It's a no-contest. One Focus Punch/Brick Break/Dig/Giga Impact/Fling/Return from the bigger mouse, and the yellow rat is history.

I've always liked Pikachu. I dont like Raichu's design. Therefore, I pick Pikachu.

Raichu had the better design, and is more useful than a Pikachu (at least when I used it).

Meh, this is no contest for me. Sure Pikachu with Light Ball and Volt tackle is better but without them, Raichu is the winner here. Plus Raichu's design is more interesting than Overatedchus.

That reminds me, I think I caught a Pikachu with a Light ball at the Safari zone in Sapphire but I sold the light ball b/c I thought it was a useless item that was meant to be sold for a high price. Then when I found out that light ball teaches a hatched Pichu Volt tackle, man did I faceplamed so hard.
-__-"

Last edited:
I voted for Pikachu because it's generally cuter and can hit hard with a light ball. Raichu would still win in a battle, though.

I always saw Pikachu as the face of the Pokemon Company and Raichu as the face of the fandom.

Like, everyone knows who Pikachu is. But Raichu? They'll think it's some sort of fan-character or its cousin or something. It's the part of pokemon that isn't popularly known, so I figure it makes a good equivalent.

Game Freak knows that, and so they give Raichu support in subtle ways. For instance, they market the flying and surfing Pikachu, but that means you ultimately can get a Raichu with such moves.

Raichu. I don't care if Pikachu is the mascot, Raichu will beat it anyway and I prefer it's design.

Last edited:
I like Pikachu a lot, but I always hold a special place in my heart for Raichu. :3 ^.^ so I voted for Raichu.

Pikachu is too overrated due to the Anime. In games it's very weak and Raichu is at least average so I voted Raichu.

I go with Raichu. Idk, Pikachu is popular but Raichu is the fighter. I like him better.

I Love Raichu *-* is my favorite electric Pokemon xd! and I hate Pikachu but the Ash's Pikachu xD

I picked Raichu because...it's pretty cool and has a better defense than pikachu

Oh wow... 11 votes and I'm the only one that voted for Pikachu. :<

I actually like Pichu the best out of the family. D: But no Pichu here, so I voted for Pikachu. Only 2 votes, mine and Taio's. Pikachu is so cute. D8 I don't care if he's overrated, at least he's cuter than Raichu.

Give it a thunderstone at around level 50 and Raichu is the best electric type ever. (Well my fav anyway. I'm sore some might be stronger.) Unless it shiny, I don't like shiny Raichu that much:/ (I currently have a shiny Pichu and Pikachu, and I don't intend to evolve the latter any further, of course since I have a bunch of Pichus, Pikachus and a Raichu I don't need to).

-points to siggy-

I used to like Raichu but then it became a hipster Pokemon that everyone likes simply because they think they're making a statement about how mature they are by not liking the "popular, kiddy" Pokemon.

Pikachu doesn't suck. The marketing strategy to whore it out sucks.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom