• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Raichu VS Pikachu

I would have picked Pichu if it was an option, but as it's not I'll pick Raichu.

I dislike Pikachu very much.

Raichu, since Pikachu's poor performance in competitive play should've ruined his credibility as the mascot of the series. Plus Raichu seems capable of using Ice Punch to counter Gliscor and the dragons, if only GF was able to give him that move via Move Tutor.

I'm not really polarized about Pikachu like most people are. However, I will say that Pikachu is bit cuter, while Raichu is an all-around better battler. It's a fair trade-off in my opinion, but I still prefer Raichu by a bit.

Raichu. Stronger, cuter, and more useful, since it can actually take a weak hit and live.

Pikachu is adorable and the face of the franchise but I prefer Raichu because I always fully evolve my pokemon (ecept for in HG/SS were I went to the E4 with a MAchoke but I had nobody ro trade with and I didn't have a second DS)

I'm a fan of this Raichu art:
026.png

I'm a fan of Raichu's image any time it doesn't come off as fat (especially as it's head is almost the size of its belly), when its ears are properly drawn and so receive attention, and when its tail is properly drawn.
I also like this image,
Raichu.jpg

and this image.
273622_100002649007863_7344789_n.jpg

(All images found in a simple Google image search for "Raichu.")

Ultimately, I think Raichu's body should be longer.

Pikachu might be stupidly overrated, have a better design and be able to do something if you train it right, but Raichu would surely win the fight. Plus, its design is only slightly worser than Pikachu.

-points to siggy-

I used to like Raichu but then it became a hipster Pokemon that everyone likes simply because they think they're making a statement about how mature they are by not liking the "popular, kiddy" Pokemon.

Pikachu doesn't suck. The marketing strategy to whore it out sucks.

Umm... sounds like you're being the hipster because you don't want to like Raichu now that everybody else does.

Anyway, I like Raichu and Pichu most. Pichu just because it's so cute, and I think Raichu has the best design and is more useful than Light Ball Pikachu. I wish Raichu got some benefit from the Light Ball, though (not the full thing, that would be too much, but maybe just 1.5x Attack and Sp. Attack). I liked Pikachu's Yellow/Gold sprites because I think being chubby made it cute.

I choose Raichu, simply because, it's like when eat to much of a food, you dislike it. Anime shows to much Pikachu, you hate the dorf. Plus Raichu looks much more amazing. Pikachu Is simple.

Pikachu has a larger move set by level up.Raichu is stronger.I vote Raichu.

Raichu. Leaving all anime-related sentiment aside, they both have great designs. Pikachu is freaking cute, but for some reason I always thought the concept of Raichu using its tail as a ground to avoid shocking itself was really clever. So it's a tie on design.

As for who would win a battle, Raichu hands-down. It's all really a contest between the weak one and the strong one. You can bet the strong one is gonna win. Raichu, simply put, is harder, better, faster, and stronger (Daft Punk FTW) than cute little Pikachu.

Leaving anything that happens in the anime aside, Raichu. Its stronger and more durable. The only thing Pikachu has going for it is the Light Ball. And that doesn't change the fact that it's a Glass Cannon - Television Tropes & Idioms . An excellent example is Red's Pikachu. One of the most powerful pokemon in the series, yet i've never gone up against it and not taken it out in 1 hit. I don't know anyone that has.

I'd definitely have to say that I like Raichu more. I've used it in Pokemon Stadium a lot, which helped with defeating the tough tournaments. Ever since I kept using it in that game, I've grown to love that Pokemon. Raichu could withstand attacks easier than Pikachu can, and not always get 1-hit KO'd.

Pikachu I've never really liked at all, even with the constant exposure in the anime.

Raichu is better than Pikachu in every way. It's cuter, the colour scheme is better, it's based on a more interesting animal (the kangaroo rat) and is better in battle. Light Ball Pikachu only hits marginally harder than Life Orb Raichu, in exchange for a shallower movepool, death-wish defences and falling short of that magic 100 speed benchmark.

Not that I don't like Pikachu, but the 'chu line only improves as it grows up.

Raichu doesn't get nearly as much exposure as Pikachu, making it a lot more tolerable. I'll choose it for that reason.

The best? Raichu

The favorite? Pikachu

I prefer yellow than orange, so Pikachu got a natural advantage to become my favorite. Also, it is a lot more cute than Raichu.

I'm amazed that Pikachu has significantly less votes than Raichu, considering it's a much more popular Pokemon overall. I chose Pikachu because not only is it one of my favorite Pokemon, but I feel bad for it.

Raichu for me, I think it looks way better than Pikachu, not only because orange is a better color than yellow, but because it is so... so cuddly :')

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom