• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Raichu VS Pikachu

Times like these I wish there was an option for "undecided" and/or "both" or something. xD; Because that would be my vote. Raichu is awesomeee but Pikachu is just adorable, and I'm slightly learning more towards Pika here, though Raichu has its super cute moments too. ;~; Just leave me undecided on this one, if that's okay.

So to answer this one once and for all here is the winner, I did a study on this in all possible stat out comes with the two rodents and all possible moves used for the 4 skills (took a really long time) And the analysis states that Pikachu would win in 72.3% of the time ONLY if it has Light Ball equipped all other wins were below 23% for Pikachu without the Light Ball. This is also taking into account more than just 'stat numbers'. The Light Ball doubles ONLY special attack while being held, many people erroneously believe this item increases the amount of points put into Pikachu's special attack stat per level up. That isn't what this does. Lets say Pikachu at level 100 had a perfect set of IV's for all stats categories and the EV's were specific to max out Special Attack and Speed ONLY, and the remaining 1.5 point (6 EV points) was left for Defense. AND FUTHERMORE, this Pikachu was raised from a Pichu at level 1, all EV training was finished before level 2 AND Pichu evolved into Pikachu at level 2 then proceeded to get to level 100, AND it's nature was Rash (special attack +, Special Defense -) Pikachu's special attack stat would be maxed out at 218, the highest possible, and it's speed around 275 somewhere. This Pikachu when you put the Light Ball onto Him/Her (best for special attack stat is female, so in this case this is a female Pikachu) it will invisibly double the special attack stat; meaning you won't see it's effect in the stat page. Thus making Pikachu's bare special attack stat now at 436! WOW insane! Up there with par on Mewtwo and the other Legends.... If a Pikachu were to use any Neutral/ Special Effective attack on Raichu it would devastate it.

here is the math

Raichu can never get higher than 229 for it's defense stat and 284 for it's special defense stat. Plus it's health can never go higher than 324. so lets say this Raichu was perfect IV for all stats giving it the max in health 230 AND it perfect EVed in HP giving it the 324HP (went up from 230) AND it was perfect EVed in Special Defense giving it the 284 stat. The last 1.5 point (6 points of EV) went to defense Oh Raichu also has a Gentle nature (Special Defense +, Defense -). And lets say it was using Choice Specs which now gives Raichu 324 Special Attack (since Raichu didn't train in special attack with EV training it would only get 185 as it's special attack stat at level 100, but since it has perfect IV's in all stats that gives a 31 point boost to this number giving it a final 216 special attack base stat. Choice specs only increases special attack by 50% of what the pokemon has. So do the math, 216/2+216=324. So stats would look like this

Pikachu:
HP: 211
ATT: 146
DEF: 117
Spec. ATT: 436
Spec. DEF: 125
SP: 279

Raichu:
HP: 324
ATT: 216
DEF: 135
Spec. ATT: 324
Spec. DEF: 284
SP: 278

As you can see from the numbers Pikachu is faster then Raichu by 1 point!!!! And it would benifit Pikachu to use ONLY special attacks because they would far out weigh the damage it would do in comparassion to it's special attacks. Lets do some more math, the best possible situation here

Pikachu chooses to use Echoed Voice which IS a special attack. That is 436+100 in power! And since it is a neutral attack to electric type Raichu it's going to do 536-284=252 damage which leaves Raichu with 72HP if it did not crit. If the damage crit, then it's a 1 hit KO. Okay Now lets say Raichu survived and it wasn't a critical hit and Raichu used Hyper Beam 342+150 in power! and since it is also a neutral attack to electric Pikachu it's going to do 492-125=367 damage which will undoubtedly KO Pikachu with or without a critical hit, HOWEVER Hyper Beam has a 10% miss rate and if we factor into the equation the 35% increase in dodging skills if the Pokemon (any) are maxed out in Pokemon Aime (all hearts and notes and food) and in happiness we have Hyper Beam being very unlikely of hitting, besides looking into the coding of all the games Hyper Beam actually has a 75% change of hitting at base (don't believe me go tare the coding apart for yourself) Pikachu wins this battle more times than Raichu does.

This was just one scenario and even in this scenario Pikachu wins most of the time because BECAUSE Pokemon Aime maxed out for Pikachu increases the % chance of critical hits as well as a number of other things.

Over all statistically (not looking at stat values only) Pikachu WITH AND ONLY WITH Light Ball wins the majority of the time.

(I'm very, very, very sorry if I wasn't allowed to post now or something, but I had to speak up at such an unfair comparison while reading this)
Raichu can never get higher than 229 for it's defense stat and 284 for it's special defense stat. Plus it's health can never go higher than 324. so lets say this Raichu was perfect IV for all stats giving it the max in health 230 AND it perfect EVed in HP giving it the 324HP (went up from 230) AND it was perfect EVed in Special Defense giving it the 284 stat. The last 1.5 point (6 points of EV) went to defense Oh Raichu also has a Gentle nature (Special Defense +, Defense -). And lets say it was using Choice Specs which now gives Raichu 324 Special Attack (since Raichu didn't train in special attack with EV training it would only get 185 as it's special attack stat at level 100, but since it has perfect IV's in all stats that gives a 31 point boost to this number giving it a final 216 special attack base stat. Choice specs only increases special attack by 50% of what the pokemon has. So do the math, 216/2+216=324. So stats would look like this

Pikachu:
HP: 211
ATT: 146
DEF: 117
Spec. ATT: 436
Spec. DEF: 125
SP: 279

Raichu:
HP: 324
ATT: 216
DEF: 135
Spec. ATT: 324
Spec. DEF: 284
SP: 278

As you can see from the numbers Pikachu is faster then Raichu by 1 point!!!! And it would benifit Pikachu to use ONLY special attacks because they would far out weigh the damage it would do in comparassion to it's special attacks. Lets do some more math, the best possible situation here

Pikachu chooses to use Echoed Voice which IS a special attack. That is 436+100 in power! And since it is a neutral attack to electric type Raichu it's going to do 536-284=252 damage which leaves Raichu with 72HP if it did not crit. If the damage crit, then it's a 1 hit KO. Okay Now lets say Raichu survived and it wasn't a critical hit and Raichu used Hyper Beam 342+150 in power! and since it is also a neutral attack to electric Pikachu it's going to do 492-125=367 damage which will undoubtedly KO Pikachu with or without a critical hit, HOWEVER Hyper Beam has a 10% miss rate and if we factor into the equation the 35% increase in dodging skills if the Pokemon (any) are maxed out in Pokemon Aime (all hearts and notes and food) and in happiness we have Hyper Beam being very unlikely of hitting, besides looking into the coding of all the games Hyper Beam actually has a 75% change of hitting at base (don't believe me go tare the coding apart for yourself) Pikachu wins this battle more times than Raichu does.

This was just one scenario and even in this scenario Pikachu wins most of the time because BECAUSE Pokemon Aime maxed out for Pikachu increases the % chance of critical hits as well as a number of other things.

Over all statistically (not looking at stat values only) Pikachu WITH AND ONLY WITH Light Ball wins the majority of the time.

I'm a Raichu user, and sorry, you're getting the priorities of a Raichu user all wrong. Raichu needs full Attack stat(s) and full speed.
You used the most unconventional defence investment for Raichu, and showed Pikachu's victory. A Raichu with full investment in Either attacking stat and speed would OHKO any Pikachu in most situations.

Also, wtf? You invested 0 on Raichu's speed, giving it defences, and invest on Pika's speed in every possible way, and show that Pika outspeeds Raichu??

Raichu would win much more than Pika if you used Rai's conventional sets and investments. And I've experienced this (I take a particular pleasure in switching onto peoples' Pikachu with my Raichu in Showdown AG and defeating those Pikas).

Sorry, but no Raichu user in their right mind would invest fully in defences.

Damn, this is tricky. What with Raichu having an extra form, and an epic one at that, and being stronger and less mainstream... it's tough. He's also got immense nostalgia value. But fat Pikachu!

AUGH.
But this thread has reminded me that Raichu exists, and all of a sudden he's my favourite Pokemon. So yes, Raichu. But he's only one step ahead of the would-be draw, so it isn't a total victory.

Raichu, especially its regional Alolan Raichu, is better than Pikachu in many areas. Raichu is sure adorable, but has better battling ground than Pikachu do. Alolan Raichu takes steps further by adding Psychic-typing, although it's a dual-type regional branched evolution from Pikachu.

If this was by cuteness alone, then Pikachu edges out this one slightly for me, but I think that's where the advantages stop here. I always felt like in any sort of comparison between Pikachu and Raichu, I've always gravitated more towards Raichu; I've always found its design a bit more on the appealing side, I guess. It's rather difficult to explain.

I suppose a more apt way to put it is that Pikachu's popularity, even though I mostly agree with the reasons why, caused me to gravitate more towards Raichu as a result. So I'm going with Raichu here.

Raichu! And I'm not saying this just to be contratian. I really do think he's one of the cutest Pokemon out there.

Because I almost never favour a Pokémon who requires an exclusive item to avoid being trash (Knock Off has practically replaced Crunch as the definitive physical Dark move, don't ever forget that), Raichu wins this by default. This is the same reason why I choose Blissey over Chansey, or... say, Donphan over Marowak; they're just too prone to becoming liabilities at any moment.

I love Pikachu! He's always been my favorite really. Wonderfully cute mascot and impressive in the anime!...even if the games can disappoint a bit xD;

Also, yellow is a really cute color^^

I prefer Raichu, mostly because of the higher stats and tail's shape plus, its cry in the games has always struck me as plainly adorable.

I vote for Raichu because I think it’s more adorable (especially it’s cry) and it’s a decent electric type pick for play-throughs eg X and Y. On top of that, it’s alola form is also quite adorable and distinguishs itself with its psychic typing.

I was Team Pikachu for the longest time, but then Alolan Raichu came into existence and blew away both its pre-evovled form and Kantonian counterpart. Alolan Raichu is is my favorite Electric and Psychic Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom