• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Raid Battles/New Gyms Discussion

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
As recently announced, there are plans to include collaborative features in Gyms:

Pokémon GO to have Solstice Event, add collaborative features, host local events - Bulbanews

According to Bulbanews, "Shortly after the Solstice Event, a new update will be released focused on collaborative group gameplay features. In preparation, Gyms will be temporarily disabled for a short period of time starting June 16, 2017."

What are your thoughts on this change? Any ideas on how it may work? Are you upset that Gyms will be temporarily disabled?

A limit on how many Gyms you can be in could be a good thing.

A limit on how many Gyms you can be in could be a good thing.
I always felt like that should be down to 10. I understand the point of being able to have more as backup but I think that it's harming the system more than it helps when people can hold so many slots players of lower levels could benefit from.

I always felt like that should be down to 10. I understand the point of being able to have more as backup but I think that it's harming the system more than it helps when people can hold so many slots players of lower levels could benefit from.
I saw someone about 2 months ago it seemed like they were in every gym.

I can confirm that some Pokestops will be converted into Pokémon Gyms. There is an area close to my work that had two Pokestops next to each other. One of those stops, is now a gym.

They seem to also be adding new Pokestops as well, which I can also confirm, as a new Pokestop has appeared right near my work.

I do know of a few PokeStops close by that will become Gyms, but I see no new PokeStops around my area.

So far, I have just noticed the one new Pokestop. It could potentially be that they are adding new Pokestops if they are replacing older ones with gyms, although since gyms now also act as Pokestops, I believe it is more likely that they are just trying to add more Pokestops in general as well as gyms.

Haven't noticed any new PokeStops around my area, but more is always nice :)

Really excited for this new update. Especially now people can finally stop putting armies of Snorlax's and Blissey's in the gyms.

I have updated the app, and now we wait for the new gyms to be accessible for everyone.

Well, one of the gyms has disappeared from my area. From my home, in the overworld, two gyms were visible before, but I can see only one now.

Gyms are up.

Gym badges are the only reward.

You no longer get Pokécoins(n)

Well I have three of my boys defending gyms in the area. I think I'll try and deploy more of them in gyms around the city tomorrow now that I powered up my Gengar and arcanine.

Currently, Raid battles are only accessible to players level 35+, as beta testers. Unfortunately, I'm only level 31, and will have to wait until the beta period is over.

Why can't we use the other berries to motivate out Pokemon. Razz r actually useful. Barely use Pinab berries and usally end up throwing away the other ones.

Why can't we use the other berries to motivate out Pokemon. Razz r actually useful. Barely use Pinab berries and usally end up throwing away the other ones.
Razz is just the default option, you could change to Nanab or Pinap. I'd personally use Nanab, they have the least important use in encounters.

My main complaint with Gyms as is, however, is that if a Pokemon stays in for less than an hour you get no Coins. With the previous system it was easy enough even for lower level players to get at least 10 Coins per day.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom