• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rainbow Cloud's Chaotic Blog Thread - Leaf Green LP, Pokémon Battle Revolution and Other Stuff

Future Pokemon Leaf Green Playthrough - Player Character and Starter Poll?

• Red + Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red + Charmander

• Red + Squirtle

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Leaf + Bulbasaur

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leaf + Charmander

• Leaf + Squirtle

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always found it weird that NPC claimed to have seen you in Viridian Forest. He's essentially in two places at once.
Yeah, he's also an oversight from when they gave names to the trainers in Gen 3 but kept the Gen 1 dialogue as though he says you beat him again none of the Bug Catchers you battled in Viridian Forest are called Colton :D

Last edited:
Part 5 of Leaf Green - Special Zubat Edition!

Was still having some problems with the capture device so tried it with some different hardware as I also have a Japanese Gamecube and Gameboy player, it seems the video input isn't the problem though and think it may hopefully be a faulty USB cable which has now been replaced. It took several attempts to capture parts 3 and 5 because the capture device kept losing connection with the computer.

Thankfully Geodude is an agreeable Pokémon in terms of its catch rate. Because that would have been quite the slog otherwise :LOL:
Yeah, all the physical moves I had at the time were ineffective but Confusion, Bubble or Water Gun would have been too powerful, glad Geodude was pretty good about being caught :)

Part 6 of Leaf Green - Crossing the Nugget Bridge!

Seems it hopefully was the USB cable that was the problem with the capture device as I've had no further issues whilst recording parts 6 and 7. Since it seems it wasn't the video input method causing the problems I'm back to using the PAL Gamecube (60hz Mode) with the RGB Scart Cable again now as it's best setup I have available for the video quality.

I agree re. the trading guy - "Don't take it personally, I don't have the Pokémon you want!!"
Yeah, they always take it as a rejection :D
Going to make the trades when I can though :)

Haven't done any PBR for a while but here's the next part of the PBR Save File Revisit:

PBR Save File Revisit Part 3 - Storm of Aura at the Courtyard Colosseum!

Last edited:
If only Shellshore had Bite already...
Though Starmie's a beast anyway.
Yeah, other than Acidia I didn't really have any pokemon that could land much damage on Starmie but Acidia was a bit defensively frail too. Managed to just about get the win on the second attempt though and Acidia's close to evolving now too :)
Think the Gym Battle with Lt. Surge may go better as I have a cunning plan for that battle, though I have no idea how I'm going to handle his voice at the moment.
gwgsjf7saw911.jpg

Last edited:
Part 8 of Leaf Green - Road to Vermilion and Route 11!

Apologies, my voice sounds pretty rough in this part, I recorded this part the same day as I recorded part 3 of the PBR Save file revisit and I sounded pretty terrible on that video too. My voice is pretty bad normally but not sure if this was down to tiredness or a cold or something that day.

Last edited:
I'm glad that the TM for Dig IS actually buyable in FR/LG. In Gen 1, it's like "... Where did you buy it, though? Can you... give me those details?"

100% agreed on Whirlwind. Just like how Tail Whip did damage in the anime. Misleading!

Glad you called out their ILLEGAL Raticate. :D

I'd long forgotten that's where you obtain the all-important VS. Seeker. Seems V. early in the game for such a thing!

I'm definitely the same re. IRL fishing.

"Detour through Rock Tunnel." Noooo......

I'm assuming those Nidoran and Nidorina/o trades are reversed in FireRed?

I'm glad that the TM for Dig IS actually buyable in FR/LG. In Gen 1, it's like "... Where did you buy it, though? Can you... give me those details?"
Didn't realise it could be bought in FRLG, was being cautious about using it but I'll probably teach it to one of my team before battling Surge now :)

Glad you called out their ILLEGAL Raticate. :D
Yeah, there's a lot of NPC's with impossible pokemon :D

I'd long forgotten that's where you obtain the all-important VS. Seeker. Seems V. early in the game for such a thing!
Yeah, I'd forgotten it was at that point too, really pleased to have it as it's made training between parts much easier :)

"Detour through Rock Tunnel." Noooo......
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to Rock Tunnel, probably my least favourite cave in the game :D

I'm assuming those Nidoran and Nidorina/o trades are reversed in FireRed?
Yeah, they're mirrored in Fire Red.

Frequently moving NPCs are so annoying.

I really like Fearow's back sprite for some reason. I guess it looks menacing.

Nice reference to Karen. :)

Cut... useful in the field... and not useful at all apart from that.

Frequently moving NPCs are so annoying.
Yeah, he kept moving just before I pressed the A Button to talk to him :D

I really like Fearow's back sprite for some reason. I guess it looks menacing.
Yeah, Fearow's back sprite looks cool :)

Nice reference to Karen. :)
Thanks, Karen's my favourite Elite Four member, I agree with her philosophy about trying to win with your favourite pokemon :)

Cut... useful in the field... and not useful at all apart from that.
Yeah, Cut's not the most useful of moves in battle though still better than Flash which is worst for wasting one of your pokemon's move slots.

So great that Magnitude has 30 PP.
Yeah, other than the varying power, Magnitude's a great move for repeatability :)

What a complete wipeout battle it was! Nice after the battle with Misty. :D
Thanks, think I may have over levelled a bit too much though Maud/Graveler was the perfect counter for the Vermilion Gym, think the only move they had that could pose any threat was Sonic Boom because of the fixed damage :D

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom