• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rainbow Cloud's Chaotic Blog Thread - Leaf Green LP, Pokémon Battle Revolution and Other Stuff

Future Pokemon Leaf Green Playthrough - Player Character and Starter Poll?

• Red + Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red + Charmander

• Red + Squirtle

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Leaf + Bulbasaur

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leaf + Charmander

• Leaf + Squirtle

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WHY does Blaine have his gym locked. And what, does your rival chuck the key (back) up in the mansion?? Because how has he already been and gone otherwise? Or is the player character the only one put through this rubbish? Plus it's always bothered me that Blaine fails to acknowledge any of this when you battle him. "Yeah, my gym was locked. You had to find a key to it. And evidently you did, so here we are." ... There's a lot left unsaid re. the history of Pokémon Mansion too!

Re. Metronome - "It's a lot of fun! ..... But your Pokémon may explode."

WHY does Blaine have his gym locked. And what, does your rival chuck the key (back) up in the mansion?? Because how has he already been and gone otherwise? Or is the player character the only one put through this rubbish? Plus it's always bothered me that Blaine fails to acknowledge any of this when you battle him. "Yeah, my gym was locked. You had to find a key to it. And evidently you did, so here we are." ... There's a lot left unsaid re. the history of Pokémon Mansion too!
Yeah, the extra quest of finding the key for the gym is never explained, only similar quest is Clair sending you into Dragon's Den to find the Dragon Fang/Take the Master's Quiz in the Johto games but her reasons for doing that are explained.

The Pokémon Mansion's left pretty mysterious but I did like some of the details and extra dialogue that were added for the Pokémon Mansion in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee like the machine used to clone Mewtwo and Mewtwo's reaction when in that location.

Re. Metronome - "It's a lot of fun! ..... But your Pokémon may explode."
Yeah, Metronome can be amusing but too unpredictable :D

Last edited:
Cinnabar Island is a haven for burglars apparently.
I feel like Blaine's overreliance on Fire Blast cost him a... less comprehensive loss.
Thanks Bill. We're stuck here.

Cinnabar Island is a haven for burglars apparently.
Guess they're mostly there for the Abandoned Mansion

I feel like Blaine's overreliance on Fire Blast cost him a... less comprehensive loss.
Yeah, not very effective against Golem and Blastoise and it's accuracy let it down against against the latter :D

Thanks Bill. We're stuck here.
Stuck in the Sevii Islands and no access to the PC till I complete the quest, wish I'd left Feathers in the party :D

Yay for being able to use Outrage on Wigglytuff still! ... And have Fire moves do regular damage! (Wigglytuff seems to come up a lot in this game!)
Yeah seemed strange using dragon moves against Wigglytuff, I kept expecting the move to fail because of later gens :D

Props to Smeargle! Its one appearance really did count!
Yeah, was worried about Smeargle having the Choice Scarf as it ruled out being able to use Spore but Smeargle made the difference when it came to the final round, think I would have lost if I'd chosen Steelix instead as my last pokemon :)

A one-time tutor for the move Explosion. Just as unnecessary as the TM from Gen 1 it replaces.

Moltres is no longer just hanging out in Victory Road, it gets its own appropriate location now!

A one-time tutor for the move Explosion. Just as unnecessary as the TM from Gen 1 it replaces.
Yeah pretty much never use Selfdestruct or Explosion, always seems pretty counterproductive as a strategy unless the pokemon's about to faint anyway.

Moltres is no longer just hanging out in Victory Road, it gets its own appropriate location now!
Yeah Mt. Ember's Moltres's best game location and fit's it's theme :)

Feel kind of sorry for Moltres as it doesn't really have it's own location like Articuno and Zapdos in the other games. Seems like it doesn't really belong in Victory Road in RBY and the Let's Go games and though Mt. Silver's a better location than Victory Road in HGSS it still doesn't seem like it belongs there either and the location's best known for the final battle with Red rather than Moltres.

Last edited:
Why DO we have to "be quiet" while crossing Bond Bridge??
Yeah it's never really explained, kind of seems like it would fit Berry Forest better because of the wild pokemon :D

Voltning's Double Kick on Hypno - You might say it's a little TOO not effective...
Yeah, probably should have switched out Voltning sooner after using Thunder Wave, would have taken a while to lower Hypno's HP just using Double Kick.

Thanks for the shout-out :)
No probs :)

Commentator re. Dunsparce - "Such ENERGY!"
:LOL:
25f1f68c68913cd83186da0320a7d020.gif

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom