• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rainbow Cloud's Chaotic Blog Thread - Leaf Green LP, Pokémon Battle Revolution and Other Stuff

Future Pokemon Leaf Green Playthrough - Player Character and Starter Poll?

• Red + Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red + Charmander

• Red + Squirtle

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Leaf + Bulbasaur

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Leaf + Charmander

• Leaf + Squirtle

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's been quite a while since I updated this, I recorded part 31 and the upcoming part 32 back in September but haven't had much opportunity to record since and kept putting off editing and uploading the parts I had. Hoping to get back to recording new parts and finishing this soon.

Part 31 of Colosseum.

Last edited:
if you have the time, you could do a playthrough on pokemon XD. I have heard it is a cool game.
Yeah, I've been thinking about doing a playthrough of XD after finishing Colosseum, I have the game so could do a playthrough of it. It's just time holding me back at the moment, been struggling with time to record in the last few months, if things improve though and I finish Colosseum I probably will look at doing an XD playthrough.

Last edited:
I love Meditite's head movement.
UdderChaos lying on her side and then rolling to use Body Slam is just hilarious.
I like that you called them out for their overreliance on Hyper Beam. (y)
When Machamp knocked out UdderChaos - Yeah well... you fainted first, so... means nothing.
Poor Suicune having to be a sacrificial lamb. It had to be done.
My attitude - You wouldn't be eviscerating everything with Hyper Beam if this were post-Gen III. :cautious:
I really like your Gonzap voice!!
"Gonzap's Pokémon were a bit too higher level." I agree. Can you even level grind anywhere in this game??
Handy mysterious healing is great.
Sorry but WTF is Jigglypuff's fainting animation all about?? Well I guess it is a balloon...
Milk Drink FTW!!
That Double Slap is so dramatic!!
"I knew you were gonna go into Hyper Mode again. I just knew it!" I liked that.

UdderChaos lying on her side and then rolling to use Body Slam is just hilarious.
Milk Drink FTW!!
Yeah Miltank's animations are great, like the one for Milk Drink too :)

I really like your Gonzap voice!!
Thanks, was kind of going for a pirate type voice for Gonzap :D

"Gonzap's Pokémon were a bit too higher level." I agree. Can you even level grind anywhere in this game??
There's the Colosseum tournaments and Mt Battle areas which can be repeated and you can re-battle some of the trainers in the various locations but it's quite hard to level up quickly in the game. The levels of the trainers pokemon do increase as you progress through the game which helps a bit though.

Handy mysterious healing is great.
Yeah, thought I was in a pretty bad situation when that Cipher Peon ambushed me after the Gonzap battle :D

That Double Slap is so dramatic!!
Yeah, felt sorry for The Light when she was taking those double slaps, Ampahros's damage animation looks quite drastic.

"I knew you were gonna go into Hyper Mode again. I just knew it!" I liked that.
I'm convinced Hyper Mode becomes more likely the closer you are to purification like the game's trolling you at times :D

I love Battle Revolution! Such a nostalgic game for me. How did you do the recordings? You mentioned the first few were done on VHS, and I don't know how to do VHS recordings (my mom has a lot of VHS recordings, though, so maybe I'm just out of the loop).

I love Battle Revolution! Such a nostalgic game for me. How did you do the recordings? You mentioned the first few were done on VHS, and I don't know how to do VHS recordings (my mom has a lot of VHS recordings, though, so maybe I'm just out of the loop).
Awesome, really liked Battle Revolution too, it was fun being able to do Gen 4 battles in 3D and the different battle styles at the colosseums in the offline game :)

At the time I used a TV Card on a on old Desktop PC and the recording software for it to capture the videos. The TV cards were designed to let you watch analogue TV on your PC but they also had an AV input you could use to input video from other devices. Recorded similarly on a VHS player by connecting the Wii's AV cable to the VHS player's AV input and selecting that as the channel to record from, though I then had to record from the VHS tape to the PC using the method above. I first started off using this method as the VHS player was always next to my TV and the Wii and was convenient but I later moved to recording direct from the Wii to the PC as the quality was better without first recording to tape and it saved time avoiding that step.

More recently I used the old PC and the TV card to record the first 7 parts of Colosseum too but am now using a newer capture device that works with my current laptop to capture video.

I've been thinking of revising my old Battle Revolution save file at some point and doing some battles with these teams again, can't do online battling anymore but can re-battle the colosseums in the offline game.

Awesome, really liked Battle Revolution too, it was fun being able to do Gen 4 battles in 3D and the different battle styles at the colosseums in the offline game :)

At the time I used a TV Card on a on old Desktop PC and the recording software for it to capture the videos. The TV cards were designed to let you watch analogue TV on your PC but they also had an AV input you could use to input video from other devices. Recorded similarly on a VHS player by connecting the Wii's AV cable to the VHS player's AV input and selecting that as the channel to record from, though I then had to record from the VHS tape to the PC using the method above. I first started off using this method as the VHS player was always next to my TV and the Wii and was convenient but I later moved to recording direct from the Wii to the PC as the quality was better without first recording to tape and it saved time avoiding that step.

More recently I used the old PC and the TV card to record the first 7 parts of Colosseum too but am now using a newer capture device that works with my current laptop to capture video.

I've been thinking of revising my old Battle Revolution save file at some point and doing some battles with these teams again, can't do online battling anymore but can re-battle the colosseums in the offline game.
Ohhh that makes sense. I've always wanted to know how to record a TV screen. Thank you!

"The mood in the colosseum has become somewhat unsettling." :LOL:
"The situation is a bit of a stalemate!" ... How??
'You really like Worry Seed, don't you?' (y)
Lol at the Pikachu Fan trainer class. The hat and facepaint together are hilarious.
The Shuca Berry does nothing! :LOL:
Swampert recovering after taking damage is cute.
Hypno, you don't have to get so close!! Confronting!!
Love how the commentator's getting low-key frustrated when no one's doing an offensive move.
Aww, the Colosseum Leader didn't use her signature 'mon!

"The mood in the colosseum has become somewhat unsettling." :LOL:
"The situation is a bit of a stalemate!" ... How??
Always find the commentary amusing in this game :)

'You really like Worry Seed, don't you?' (y)
I regret not saying at the time "There's no need to worry" in response to the Worry Seeds :D

Lol at the Pikachu Fan trainer class. The hat and facepaint together are hilarious.
Yeah, the fun part of the game is you can use those customisations on your own trainer too, at some point in the future I'll use my Pikachu Fan Trainer Pass team :)

The Shuca Berry does nothing! :LOL:
Swampert recovering after taking damage is cute.
Swampert's awesome, always been one of my favourite pokemon and have so many great memories of battling with this Swampert, Shuca Berry or not Raichu's going down. Going to have to transfer him to my Shield game, think he's currently in Alola on my Moon game :)

Hypno, you don't have to get so close!! Confronting!!
Yeah, Hypno was a bit creepy there :D

Love how the commentator's getting low-key frustrated when no one's doing an offensive move.
Indeed, my thoughts at the time were, I didn't spam Double Team :D

Aww, the Colosseum Leader didn't use her signature 'mon!
Yeah, would have like to have seen Pachirisu, it's one of my favourite Pika clones.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom