• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

We kind of originally first started developing elements of this game about 2 years ago but it got delayed and cancelled a few times and along the way had changes of characters, roles and alignments as new games came along, one version of the game included Greevil and Gonzap from the Orre games instead of Rose and Gordor. I can't actually remember which roles me and MCH chose now but MCH did more of the setup. I was responsible for the last minute change to make the Strongman and Ninja unlimited though as I was worried town was too powerful and mafia needed something pretty strong to counter. With more time I would have kept them 1x and weakened the town a bit.

Last edited:
I know I was scum, but I do still tell the truth most of the time.

So, yeah, I didn't do that great this game.

Telling the truth is fine even as scum, but

you just needed more meat in your posts, and a tad more commitment (coupled with reasons why). Even if your reasoning was forced/bad, it looks better than going full coast mode because you can fake thought evolution and progression. People tend to be suckers for players that apologize and grow into their reads, because everyone loves an underdog scumhunter, even if they’re scum!

or you could be like me and lie all game so hard that it wouldn’t make sense to focus on the liar and instead force people to look elsewhere, since they’re going to find contradictions and problems anyway and the liar knows it. It helps people lay low when you intentionally make it difficult for effort to generate value.

1625679874409.jpeg

people love this guy for some reason, and he is definitely good at keeping alive, because he’s so cryptic and annoying that he makes you doubt your reads so hard.

Gosh darnit i hated this jerk

Gosh darnit i AM this jerk

Congrats guys, but for a game will all-star players this was kind of lackluster drama-wise. We pretty much had 2 Mafia on the ropes and were arguing which of them were a better lynch, and then the 3rd one hinted they were Mafia. I'm sorry for ExLight for subbing in such a slot, but he seemed to have fun shitposting when he did. Space's defences were pretty good too. Max1996 I was right in not letting my guard down like I did in Christmas Mafia.

I say please ban mass claims in the future. It ruins the game. I would have loved to see how Space attempted to win without a massclaim screwing her over.
It’s hard to ban roleclaiming. Really hard.

it’s why i love breaking apart games tho, especially OC games. It works, and you hate to see it work.

Mido, you on for starbucks later? I’m famished

Congrats guys, but for a game will all-star players this was kind of lackluster drama-wise. We pretty much had 2 Mafia on the ropes and were arguing which of them were a better lynch, and then the 3rd one hinted they were Mafia. I'm sorry for ExLight for subbing in such a slot, but he seemed to have fun shitposting when he did. Space's defences were pretty good too. Max1996 I was right in not letting my guard down like I did in Christmas Mafia.
I agree. While it was fun to have you, Elie, and Mido all in the same faction as I was, D1 had this game cracked wide open.
I was just an idiot and didn’t follow my initial instincts. -_-

I say please ban mass claims in the future. It ruins the game. I would have loved to see how Space attempted to win without a massclaim screwing her over.
I'm not a fan of massclaims, but personally I think they shouldn't be banned, rather highly discouraged. I don't know how to do that respectfully though, as a host or as a mod. I think that massclaims are balanced in games that have only a few PRs because then you are able to weed through the non-PRs to form a PoE, in which scum can still use their skills to win.

I just think the mafia rolls were unlucky this game. Coupled with an incredibly strong town both roleswise (Mason, Doublevoter, Miller Neighborizer = essentially 4 softlock town by Bulba standards (Miller Neighborizer can be a softlock town if a typical Bulba player rolls Miller, as it's meta for Millers to roleclaim early, feel free to disagree with this but I don't give a crap) plus PRs are you kidding me?) and playerwise it was always going to be difficult for Mafia to win this game. I think had Feenie been able to stay in her slot it would have made the game a lot more interesting with the Feenie/Space sister pairing, but I still don't know if Mafia would have had a decent chance :/

meh i dont feel like PRs ended up doing much to clear the game

the town read people had town claims and the scummiest people had the weirder roles - it really was going to be space vs jinjo in day 2 no matter what

I feel like the massclaim really was the last nail to the coffin though

also too many strong town roles in this game lol
infinite strongman was not that overpowered don't @ me

nah this is a staple. I just wanted to act a bit out of the box this time ‘round
Still, it was pretty obvious from the start that you were claiming some sort of modifier. The trick with the ITP stuff was interesting though.

also too many strong town roles in this game lol
infinite strongman was not that overpowered don't @ me
I fully agree. Especially because on some nights Mafia might find it better for them to use the Ninja instead.

If a mason didnt die until n3 then there would be a confirmed town alive at d4, and assuming three mislynches and three successful scum kills (and a vig that didn't feel confident enough to go all out shooting), game would be 3:3:1 with a confirmed town. Kingmaker.

that said if scum took even one loss iut of that much time then it’d be 4:2:1 (Potential LYLO) or 3:2:1 (Kingmaker via stalemate) with at least one confirmed town by the mason, if not others through the two types of cop checks. Having a confirmed town with 7 or less players means protection knows where to hang and makes it even harder for scum to get a successful intelligent kill that wont burn them later.

now imagine a 4:2:1 or 3:2 or something scenario, with both masons alive. That would be heckin interesting. Masons crush lategame and if one dies early game, protection and watchers make killing the other incredibly difficult.

Watchers are very very very powerful, when Masons exist.

If a mason didnt die until n3 then there would be a confirmed town alive at d4, and assuming three mislynches and three successful scum kills (and a vig that didn't feel confident enough to go all out shooting), game would be 3:3:1 with a confirmed town. Kingmaker.

that said if scum took even one loss iut of that much time then it’d be 4:2:1 (Potential LYLO) or 3:2:1 (Kingmaker via stalemate) with at least one confirmed town by the mason, if not others through the two types of cop checks. Having a confirmed town with 7 or less players means protection knows where to hang and makes it even harder for scum to get a successful intelligent kill that wont burn them later.

now imagine a 4:2:1 or 3:2 or something scenario, with both masons alive. That would be heckin interesting. Masons crush lategame and if one dies early game, protection and watchers make killing the other incredibly difficult.

Watchers are very very very powerful, when Masons exist.
Countermeasures of course tho

So. A bit of context, that’s completely irrelevant to how shit I played, but an interesting point of fact, just because it might explain a little bit.

I’ve been on a high dosage of anti-inflammatory steroids for the whole game, because my right arm had begun to act up again and was in constant agony for about three weeks straight.

Early on in D1, Max or Caps (or both) called out my playstyle as being “overly aggressive,” and, because of the medication I’ve been on, that hit far harder than they meant it to, since I was already looking out for side effects of the steroids.

After that, I backed off a bit, and tried to reassess what I had been doing, which led to my false Town read on Max, and my overall mediocre reads list before Sabbath.

When Mido pointed out that I had actually been softballing questions to Max, I re-reassessed, and put more pressure on Max until he cracked.

I still played like a dumbass, and the steroids don’t explain that.

arm does feel better, though.

Early on in D1, Max or Caps (or both) called out my playstyle as being “overly aggressive,” and, because of the medication I’ve been on, that hit far harder than they meant it to, since I was already looking out for side effects of the steroids.
Apologies for that. Glad your arm is feeling better, though.

Back
Top Bottom