• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RainbowMoondust's Drabbles of Pokeshipping

RainbowMoondust

stomach hurts...
Reaction score
I decided I'd hunt down all my little stories and put them here. I'm going to have to try to remember all of them and search for them on the Pokeshipping board. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warning/disclaimer: they are not meant to be perfectly executed, I wrote them for the purpose of 'I had an idea'. I'd rather not have comments on spelling/grammar errors on this one, nor saying 'it's a bit forced', or it's a bit rushed. I wouldn't mind the occasional point-out, I just don't need my drabbles (I think it's the right word) taken apart and reviewed piece by piece. :)

+And if anyone wishes to turn any of them into a longer fic, a sequal, or for anything of the sort, they're welcome to as long as they let me know first and give me credit.

I'll begin with the one I just wrote.

--The best and worst phone call ever--

"Ringringring, phonecall,phonecall!" Sounded the machine. Misty, who was the only sister home at the time, immediately rushed over to the phone, happy to have something to do other than stare out at the pouring rain. She turned it on to see Mrs. Ketchum on it. Instead of her normal cheery self, she had bags under her eyes, and looked slightly pale. The teen's heart stopped for a moment, by her logic, this situation could only mean one thing: something happened to Ash. Misty mouthed his name, only a breathy sound came out.

"It's Ash." Delia said plainly. At this, the red-head's heart dropped lower into her stomach. She felt her insides grow hot as well.
"He'll live." Mrs Ketchum blurted out, knowing what Misty was thinking. "We tried to reach you earlier but the phones were out, due to the storm over there. Anyways, he's at the hospital and whenever he's consious he just asks for you." The woman paused. "He's sleeping now, but we'll call you as soon as he wakes up- as long as the phone's working."

Misty listened intently at first, but slowly zoned off into the depths of her dread. Before she knew it the phonecall was over. Her better judgement flew out the window, and the rest of her would soon follow. She grabbed her Togekiss' and Gyrados' pokeballs from a nearby table (it flew back to her) and held them up to her chest. Out of the closet came a jacket, and out of the door she went.

It was Isshu or bust.

First, she needed to get to Hoenn, as it would take far too long to get to Isshu by pokemon power alone. There she would board a plane, as no planes were flying in Kanto or Johto due to the storm. Misty flew by Togekiss in the pounding rain, and when Togekiss began to get tired, she rode Gyrados by sea. When Gyrados' strength was waning, she switched back, and so on. Occasionally she swam on her own as well.

Eventually, they reached Hoenn sucsessfully. Finding the nearest airport, Misty bought a ticket without hesitation. Clothes ragged and torn, the teen was quite a spectacle, even for coach. She and her pokemon slept soundly for the ride, and couldn't get out fast enough when they landed.

Fortunately, she remembered what Delia said about what city they were in. So Misty purchased a map at a stand and took to the sky. The biggest problem arose when she tried to get to his room.

"What do you mean, 'only family and significant others'?" The girl was furious at this. How dare they deny her to see Ash! But salvation arrived when she heard an unfamiliar voice.
"Excuse me, are you Misty Waterflower?" A nurse asked her.
"Yes."
"We've been waiting for you." The lady said with a light smile. Apparently her sisters had found the note that she left: "Gone 2 Isshu. B back soon.", and checked the caller id. The trio called the hospital and let them know that Misty was coming. They could scold her later.

Laying on a bed with Pikachu next to him, was Ash. He was barely awake, and in his left hand was a pokeball. That hand was shaking from holding onto it so tightly. She later found out that he had not let go of it once. Misty walked up to him and smiled internally. Ash was mostly okay. The worst of it was a minor fracture in his other arm. Other than that, he was simply scraped and bruised.

Still shaking, he lifted up his hand with the pokeball, clearly offering it to her.
"It's for you." Dispite his injuries, he said with with a grin and a twinkle in his eyes. She reached out her hand and held onto the pokeball. For several seconds, they were practically holding hands and staring into eachother's eyes. Misty finally took it from Ash, not noticing that everyone else in the room had left to give them privacy.

Pointing it into the corner, the red beam of light was sent out. It was a strangly colored Tentacool. Ash had clearly been through a lot;

and it was all for her.

--

I'm going to track down the future-fic where they tell their daughter the story of how they met next.

Last edited:
This is a nice drabble, but a little more description would have helped. I was curious about the 'strangely-colored Tentacool' at the end--could this be the basis for another drabble, say, about how and why Ash catches this particular Pokemon?

It's not a bad fic, but it feels like you started in the middle. I have no idea how this particular situation got started. I'm curious though.

{I'm pretty sure double-posts are allowed when updating.}

I was watching the episode where Ash gets his pokemon from Oak for the Sinnoh league (#650).

So, that inspired a little drabble. I may make it a bit better later.

~Roses are for Red~

After hanging up from she and Ash's weekly phonecall, Misty found herself depressed. He would be at Lilly of the Valley Island in a few days. There was no way that she would be able to watch him compete in person. The gym was just too busy. Thus the cause of her depression. She considered sending him a gift, but couldn't decide what to send.

The next morning, she got up bright and early, and climbed on her bike. Misty hung a sign on her door that said 'Out. Will be back by 4 at latest.'
As she got on, her heart skipped a beat. She always felt closer to Ash when she sat on it; almost like he was standing next to her. That warm feeling never lasted long though. It would always turn into an ache.

So the red-head spent the first few hours of the day bikeing to Pallet Town. On the way there, she stopped at Viridian City, recalling a flower shop there with the most beautiful roses. A lot of time was used up by her selecting the perfect ones. Finally, she got back on her bike and rode the rest of the way.

Arriving at Proffesor Oaks lab, Misty stood outside the door clutching a basket. After waiting what seemed like hours, she got the courage to knock.
"Good afternoon." She said when he opened the door. Before long, they were sitting in the living room, and the gym leader was explaining what she was doing.

"But I'm too embaressed to send them to him." Misty told the man, fighting tears. "So could... you?" She asked. He couldn't say no to the girl so Oak gently nodded.
~

Riding away, considering saying hello to Mrs. Ketchum. She thought about the tear-stained note she had placed at the bottom of the basket soon on it's way to Ash, confessing her love; partially hoping that he would find it, partially hoping that he would not.
~~

After his battle with Nando, Ash removed the plastic from the basket of roses and sniffed one of them. His heart skipped a beat, though he did not know why.

I wrote this a while a go. This one's main focus isnt pokeshipping, but it's enough to be here. :)

-

For several months now during their travels, Pikachu had been sneaking off daily, carrying part of his meal in his mouth. Ash had been suspicious for a while, but one day, he caught his friend in the act.
"Why are you always doing that these days?" He asked.
"Piiiii,ka." (None of your buisiness)
"But we tell each other everything." Ash whined.
"Pi, kaaa, kapi!" (Not this time)
"But Pikachu!?" He cried out as his pokemon ran off.
"Ash, even Pikachu needs his space." Misty told him kindly.
"He can't spend every waking moment with you." Brock agreed.
That night, Ash awoke to something leaping over him.
"Wuh?" Running off into the distance, were two shapes. He identified one as being Pikachu, but took out his 'dex for the other.
"Vaporeon, the bubble jet pokemon." it told him.
"AAAAAAAASHHHHHHHH! Don't use that thing when I'm sleeping!" yelled the redhead next to him.
"Sorry, Misty." he said and reluctantly went back to sleep.
The next night, Ash had a plan, he would hold Pikachu when he went to sleep. The plan, however, went horribly wrong.
"AAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" She screeched.
"What?" He awoke with a start. He looked down and Pikachu had somehow become Misty's arm. Ash then had to listen to a rant about how Brock was contagious.
The real trouble began a few nights later.
"Misty?" He whispered to the girl next to him.
"What." She groaned.
"Please tell me I'm not imagining things?" Misty opened her eyes and saw, a few feet away, Pikachu and a Vaporeon cuddling a round object.
"No, I see it too..." She blinked as she spoke. Ash got up and crawled over to them, being greeted with a thunderbolt so strong it knocked him out. When he came to, Misty was standing over him, and Brock a foot or two away.
"Where did that egg come from?" Ash said, pointing at a brown egg in a nest of blankets.
"From its mom, moron." Misty said.
"Well, where did she get it?"
"She made it." Brock said. Misty did not like where this was going.
"Made it? Is that where eggs come from? I can't believe I never thought about it before." He seemed amazed at his own stupidity. "How on earth does she do that?"
"..."
"I'm not sure how to explain it but Misty could always show you..." Brock grinned. Ash was about to say "Misty can lay eggs too?", but he never got a chance, because they had to take Brock to the E.R.

Last edited:
XD That was too hilarious! I can't wait to read more. Although I'm wondering if this Vaporeon is Misty's...

"Misty can lay eggs too?"

AHAHAHA! Oh God, that's just too good. And Brock's suggestiveness, how crass of him. Tsk tsk, Brock.

Oh btw, since I can't reply to PM's until I get ten posts or something: I receive your glomp and return it. You guys are so welcoming here; it's great!

I'm so happy that you like it. It's just something I threw together one day, but I still like it. :D

I wrote this a while a go. This one's main focus isnt pokeshipping, but it's enough to be here. :)

-

For several months now during their travels, Pikachu had been sneaking off daily, carrying part of his meal in his mouth. Ash had been suspicious for a while, but one day, he caught his friend in the act.
"Why are you always doing that these days?" He asked.
"Piiiii,ka." (None of your buisiness)
"But we tell each other everything." Ash whined.
"Pi, kaaa, kapi!" (Not this time)
"But Pikachu!?" He cried out as his pokemon ran off.
"Ash, even Pikachu needs his space." Misty told him kindly.
"He can't spend every waking moment with you." Brock agreed.
That night, Ash awoke to something leaping over him.
"Wuh?" Running off into the distance, were two shapes. He identified one as being Pikachu, but took out his 'dex for the other.
"Vaporeon, the bubble jet pokemon." it told him.
"AAAAAAAASHHHHHHHH! Don't use that thing when I'm sleeping!" yelled the redhead next to him.
"Sorry, Misty." he said and reluctantly went back to sleep.
The next night, Ash had a plan, he would hold Pikachu when he went to sleep. The plan, however, went horribly wrong.
"AAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" She screeched.
"What?" He awoke with a start. He looked down and Pikachu had somehow become Misty's arm. Ash then had to listen to a rant about how Brock was contagious.
The real trouble began a few nights later.
"Misty?" He whispered to the girl next to him.
"What." She groaned.
"Please tell me I'm not imagining things?" Misty opened her eyes and saw, a few feet away, Pikachu and a Vaporeon cuddling a round object.
"No, I see it too..." She blinked as she spoke. Ash got up and crawled over to them, being greeted with a thunderbolt so strong it knocked him out. When he came to, Misty was standing over him, and Brock a foot or two away.
"Where did that egg come from?" Ash said, pointing at a brown egg in a nest of blankets.
"From its mom, moron." Misty said.
"Well, where did she get it?"
"She made it." Brock said. Misty did not like where this was going.
"Made it? Is that where eggs come from? I can't believe I never thought about it before." He seemed amazed at his own stupidity. "How on earth does she do that?"
"..."
"I'm not sure how to explain it but Misty could always show you..." Brock grinned. Ash was about to say "Misty can lay eggs too?", but he never got a chance, because they had to take Brock to the E.R.

My Reacton:..........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *falls out of chair* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom