• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ranch upgrade remains Japan-exclusive: Pokémon. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ranch Upgrade Remains Japan-Exclusive: "No plans" for an update, according to Pok

Having fun and taking pictures.

I'm easily bored. Ranch has entertained me the entire year.

Re: Ranch Upgrade Remains Japan-Exclusive: "No plans" for an update, according to Pok

The models are cute, don't get me wrong. And mini-games are fun (I assume it has mini-games?). But it's just not worth buying without Box's features.

Easily bored and easily entertained, apparently.

Don't get me wrong, I have Ranch, but I've barely used it (or not at all) after finally getting Mew out of it.

It's easy to check stats on Ranch. Just check on your DS when the pokemon's on the screen. Not to mention Ranch lets you know if something has a perfect...I believe it's IV stat.

I don't think so, but it does show if a Pokemon is from an event or level 100.

We don't have a Ranch update for the same reasons that there's no release of Mother 3 outside of Japan.

There's no actual market for it outside of the fandom.

Few people have a reason to have the application (I refuse to call it a "game" because games are implied to be "fun") outside of storing excess Pokémon. The tidbits of taking photos and interacting with the models will only be interesting for maybe a few minutes. But ultimately this will not intrest someone who is only a casual gamer. No one has a use for it unless they've already bought Diamond or Pearl and want box space. There are hundreds of better ways to spend wiipoints, time, and system memory. It's also poorly received because people hate the models. You can rant and rave on how many features it has (all 3 of them). Utlimately, few really care about the product.

Where is the point in releasing or updating a product that's doing so piss-poorly in the market?

Does anyone remember that Pokémon Box was only sold in the Pokémon Center in New York for a reason? That reason was that NoA knew that they won't sell anything to make up costs of getting the product to market. It's just common business sense. Hence why there's no plans for a Ranch update.

I don't think so, but it does show if a Pokemon is from an event or level 100.

Yeah it does. It sparkles.

Anyway, PDL, Box sells for an insane amount because it's what people want. Ranch is still a top seller on Wiiware. I'm not sure where you're getting that no one wants it. Even if it's no one outside the base, that's still a base of several million people.

And screw it--I *like* the models. They're like Magical Pokemon Journey come to life.

Anyway, PDL, Box sells for an insane amount because it's what people want. Ranch is still a top seller on Wiiware. I'm not sure where you're getting that no one wants it. Even if it's no one outside the base, that's still a base of several million people.

The point is that Nintendo wants to capitalize on selling it to people who currently not fans of Pokémon. They already have their money from us, they want money from folks who aren't fans yet.

A product like Ranch won't offer that kind of promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom