• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: This Thread Is A Cursed Mall Area with Tables

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
...the Enterprise E was exactly what I was talking about.
I'm just saying that the Enterprise D is one of the worst designed ships in scifi history IMO.

THAT said I love the saucer separation feature, that was also used by the Prometheus class later on.

If you want decent saucer type ships, I'd look at the NX-Class, the Akira-class and the Steamrunner-class.

latest

that’s because Enterprise never actually cared about canon, anyway.
It was actually very strict with canon. I don't get why people keep saying that. There is nothing to contradict Enterprise in TNG, Voyager or DS9.

And the NX class was based on the Akira-class in the real world, so I assume so.

Just because there is nothing like it in the TOS era, does not mean much. I mean, in the real world, flipphones were absent for about 10 years, and are starting to make a come back now. Granted I think the companies doing it are stupid because they're flip smart phones with full touch screens, but apparently they work.

There is nothing to contradict Enterprise in TNG, Voyager or DS9.
:unsure:
Also, you’re forgetting about TOS, which is a fairly big deal, since TOS would be the one most directly impacted by Enterprise.

I will also admit that Enterprise isn’t as callous about canon as Discovery is, but that’s a really, really low bar to set.

:unsure:
Also, you’re forgetting about TOS, which is a fairly big deal, since TOS would be the one most directly impacted by Enterprise.

I will also admit that Enterprise isn’t as callous about canon as Discovery is, but that’s a really, really low bar to set.
Enterprise had a few small issues with canon such as the Romulans having cloaking technology too early and first contact with the Klingons but generally stuck to canon fairly well. Season 4 of Enterprise stuck heavily to canon and was setting up how things came to be in the TOS era pretty well till it was cut short.

Issues such as when they encountered the Ferengi or the Borg aren't really canon violoations as they never discovered the identity of those species and they could have conceivably been forgotton as just being an unknown species.

I'm 99% sure I've told you I haven't seen TOS and I don't really take it seriously. I mean, TNG is when they started cracking down on canon... and I do know that even TNG contradicts TOS. Not sure they ever explained the reimagined warp scale used in TNG to Enterprise. Not sure if the Kelvin timeline or reboot shows used that scale or the original though.

That said, Enterprise did attempt to explain the Klingon difference between TOS and TNG, one that Worf references in DS9.

Okay, but even Star Wars respects Star Trek canon more than Discovery. :p

Enterprise had a few small issues with canon such as the Romulans having cloaking technology too early and first contact with the Klingons but generally stuck to canon fairly well. Season 4 of Enterprise stuck heavily to canon and was setting up how things came to be in the TOS era pretty well till it was cut short.

Issues such as when they encountered the Ferengi or the Borg aren't really canon violoations as they never discovered the identity of those species and they could have conceivably been forgotton as just being an unknown species.
I’m not as forgiving as you are about the “minor” canon violations, nor about the early encounters with the Ferengi or the Borg. The Borg especially.

Not sure they ever explained the reimagined warp scale used in TNG to Enterprise.
I mean, that’s a simple and unnecessary explanation.
First of all, the Federation came out with what was called “transwarp” drive starting with the Excelsior. That, already, broke the current warp scale, so, regular “warp” scale in TNG is “transwarp” scale in TOS.

Which, itself, was a violation of TNG’s canon.
Aside from that, any encounter with the Borg, chronologically, before Q Who makes absolutely no sense.
Time travel is one of the most troublesome plot devices because it can rewrite timelines.

Rewritten timelines aren't a canon violation, they're a canon exception.

Which, itself, was a violation of TNG’s canon.
Aside from that, any encounter with the Borg, chronologically, before Q Who makes absolutely no sense.
Actually it fits perfectly with Q Who as before the Borg were destroyed in Regeneration they transmitted a message to the Borg in the Delta Quadrant telling them the location of Earth but due to the vast distance the message would not arrive till the 24th Century. This doesn't change anything in Q Who other than gives a different insight into Q's motives as we now know the Borg were already on their way to Earth, Q in his actions tipped the Enterprise crew off that the Borg were coming but him not saying as much is completly in line with his character.

Actually it fits perfectly with Q Who as before the Borg were destroyed in Regeneration they transmitted a message to the Borg in the Delta Quadrant telling them the location of Earth but due to the vast distance the message would not arrive till the 24th Century. This doesn't change anything in Q Who other than gives a different insight into Q's motives as we now know the Borg were already on their way to Earth, Q in his actions tipped the Enterprise crew off that the Borg were coming but him not saying as much is completly in line with his character.
Yeah, no. It is explicitly said in the episode Q Who that it was the first encounter between humans and the Borg.
Furthermore, Q’s motives are just to show a) how vastly superior he is to humans, b) to knock the self-confidence and arrogance out of the humans, and c) to just be an asshole in general, which is always Q’s motives.
Q isn’t trying to help anybody at this point. He’s still trying to prove than humanity should just go home and stay on their own planet.
All of this, except the last point, which is easy extrapolation, is explicit in the episode.

Back
Top Bottom