Petals For Armor
- Jun 25, 2011
- Reaction score
Banner made by our very own @Rainbow Cloud
Cue the music! *snaps fingers*
Welcome back to another edition of Random Messages. My name’s Caps, and I’ll be your host today. We’ve restocked the bar, upgraded our facilities, and added a disco ball, but it’s not working quite yet...I’ll get an engineer to fix that ASAP, no worries.
The premise of this thread is simply to post anything. What you post can correlate with the above post (or not), create a discussion amongst multiple members, or confuse the heck out of everyone. Your choice. Just be sure to follow the rules below.
1. All global forum rules still apply. You can find the forum rules here: RULES: - Bulbagarden Forum Rules - *New set valid immediately*
2. Do not double post. If you want to add something new edit your post (the edit button is found in the bottom right corner of your post). If you want to add multiple quotes to your post, then us the multiquote function in the bottom right of other people's posts next to the quote button.
3. While we welcome silliness and randomness, please keep the majority of your posts legible and free of spam. Yes, it is possible to spam in the random message thread. This includes posting only gibberish, a language other than English, smileys, or repeating the same word/phrase for multiple posts in a row.
4. Keep the thread drama free! We want to keep this thread as lighthearted as possible and fun for all, so please don't use the RM thread to start conflict, complain about other users, or post in other ways that create a negative atmosphere. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to): insulting or calling out users or staffers, posting only for attention (e.g. constantly threatening to leave, consistently complaining, etc), continued discussion of infractions received, and bringing drama from other parts of this site or other websites here.
5. While we do allow swearing, don't use this thread as a vulgar language dump. Excessive language, especially slurs and swears directed at other users, will be treated as Flaming and Baiting under the general forum rules.
6. Everyone here is an equal. Regardless of age, post count, or time spent here, everyone is treated under the same rules and expectations.
7. Want to make a joke or sarcastic statement without worrying or offending others? Just use some SASS!
You guys suck. I'm leaving this awful trash heap of a website forever.
With SASS that becomes:
u gais suck!!! im leaving this awful trash heap of a website 5ever >:0 *backflips out and slams the door*
The second sentence is clearly joking, while the first one is a bit less obvious. This can be used to avoid conflicts and miscommunication.
NOTE: Even if you are using SASS, if somebody is made uncomfortable by your posts and/or asks you to stop, then stop making similar posts. Not everything is worth joking about and just because you don't see a problem doesn't mean it's not a problem for someone else. If you feel like a post is rule breaking or otherwise problematic, then REPORT IT. Do not try to handle it yourself and do not respond to the post in question. Click the report button at the bottom of the post, type a quick summary of what you think is wrong with the post, and let the staff handle it. You will never get in trouble for reporting a post and the poster will never know you reported it. The staff really appreciates reports because we're human, it's not rare for us to miss things. If you're not sure about a post, report it. There's no harm in reporting and it's a big help to us. Thank you for your assistance!
8. Posting links to other sites is ok as long as the content can be considered part of a "random message." Links that are purely for advertisement are not allowed. No posting links to chatrooms, RPs, other forums, etc. Feel free to put these sorts of links in your signature! Posting links to games that are open for the community to play are ok, as long as it's not a game that we currently host or have the ability to host here. This rule will be applied mostly on a case-by-case basis, and if you are not sure if a link will be allowed, feel free to contact one of the F&G moderators about it!
9. Have fun! (yes, we all knew this one was coming, it's FUN & Games after all) This thread is what you (the users) want to make it! Feel free to chat with all the great people here or just post about your cat's adventures to the Democratic Republic of Congo. Enjoy each other's company and randomness! Oh and one of our mods is a Val Malone.
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact any of the Fun & Games staff!
Let’s get started!