• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
that feel when you train a frillish all the way up to lv. 51 so you can get a moon ball golett on gts, only to have said golett swiped away from you by some pleb at the last minute

IT HAPPENED A SECOND TIME WITH A LUXURY BALL ONE

latest

nvm it's all good I found another luxury ball one up for grabs
still would have prefered moon ball, because moon ball is my favorite type of poke ball
Out of all the college assignments I could be behind on this quarter, it’s the one that involves watching tv
does watching netflix or hulu count as watching tv?
if not, I'd fail that assignment

thanks guys

my next hunt will be for yet another spooky ghosty, namely....

Spr_5b_622_s.png
Spr_5b_623_s.png

oddly enough, I'd rather this hunt for shiny golett take a fairly long amount of time, because ordinarily my hunts don't last all that long (there have been exceptions, of course, like the two weeks+ I spent trying to get shiny guzzlord, or the relatively recent shiny espurr hunt which took a while...)
feels almost like I'm too lucky, ya get me?

I remember citing TV for essays in an English class. CNN, History Channel (back when it was actual history documentaries), SciFi Channel. Even MLP:FiM on one occasion.

thanks guys

my next hunt will be for yet another spooky ghosty, namely....

Spr_5b_622_s.png
Spr_5b_623_s.png

oddly enough, I'd rather this hunt for shiny golett take a fairly long amount of time, because ordinarily my hunts don't last all that long (there have been exceptions, of course, like the two weeks+ I spent trying to get shiny guzzlord, or the relatively recent shiny espurr hunt which took a while...)
feels almost like I'm too lucky, ya get me?
It almost feels too easy to find shinies these days altogether. What with increased chances of finding shinies in the wild, various chaining methods, the shiny Charm, the Masuda Method.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that I’ve had more shiny Pokémon in Ultramoon than I had had in Gen II-VI as of November 2018.
...then I got a Shiny Giratina and Rhydon in Platinum and a shiny Drilbur in Black.
Shiny Giratina I reset for, and shiny Rhydon and Drilbur were random encounters.

I am not counting shiny event Pokémon in this, either, because those require zero effort.

It almost feels too easy to find shinies these days altogether. What with increased chances of finding shinies in the wild, various chaining methods, the shiny Charm, the Masuda Method.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that I’ve had more shiny Pokémon in Ultramoon than I had had in Gen II-VI as of November 2018.
Like it's no exaggeration that a Shiny I found in Ultra Moon a while back was purely random, as far as I know? And I mean not looking for it specifically, nothing to make it more likely to encounter one...it was just a typical encounter, stylus ready, above where 'Run' shows up, until I took a look at what it was...

I’m pretty sure I told y’all the story of how, barely an hour into playing UM, I randomly encountered a shiny Pikipek.

The wonderful thing about USUM, though, is the invention and relative ease in getting the Ability Capsule, so I could get Skill Link on said shiny Pikipek, so previous games, where a shiny might have had the wrong or unusable ability (like a Golurk with Klutz instead of Iron Fist), would be a bother to use. Here, you can train it up easily with the broken Exp. Share and get the right ability on it with the Ability Capsule. Nature is still beyond your control, but getting the right EVs, and even “fixing” subpar IVs is quite possible now with horde encounters, the Power items, and Bottle Caps.

It’s way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom