• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s wrong?
was brainstorming ideas for a roleplay I'm planning today...got a few ideas, but I only got so far before I got stuck again, and wondered if the little I actually got would even work out. Making a decent roleplay can be so stressful, and I can't shake the worry that I'm just not capable. I suppose that worry is irrational, but just realizing that won't make it go away.

other things are bothering me too, but I don't really want to discuss those here

Will this help?
swalot.gif

Some news regarding the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie:

A new trailer is probably coming out on January 29th.

The same studio that's making the movie is also planning to make a movie based on Pokémon Red and Blue that takes place in the same universe.
Also, this just in: there's apparently also going to be a tie-in movie about Mewtwo.

The Pokemon world is complete trash right now...

-the buzz around the Let's Go! games seems to have died down
-SM/USUM have zero replay value
-Niantic is probably the worst gaming company on the planet
-The SM anime has fallen below BW in terms of utter crap in my book

-the buzz around the Let's Go! games seems to have died down
That's only natural. They have been out for a few months and the hype is dying down. That's happened with every core series Pokémon game before. We know the next games are coming later this year, so Game Freak is purposely letting the hype die down before announcing them.
-SM/USUM have zero replay value
Nothing is absolute. Maybe only little, but I doubt it's 0%.
-Niantic is probably the worst gaming company on the planet
That sounds overly harsh...
-The SM anime has fallen below BW in terms of utter crap in my book
Okay, now with this I completely disagree with you.

There's a reason I stopped following the anime entirely during that time, getting back into it during XY. The best, immediately following the worst.
I was too young and naive back then stop watching it, not realizing most of its faults until it was already over.

Personally, I'm having hard times deciding if DP was better than XY or not, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with preferring it over DP.

I shaped myself a lot of negative feelings towards anime during the Johto Saga...

I mean...
good writing, rivals, yaddad dada, who the heck cares if 70% of the episodes was TR doing the same thing?

Yeah, sure. There was a couple episodes about something else, like tournaments or somethin', but that doesn't heal the anime from the fact that even the good episodes had too much TRio doing the same thing in it.

Which is a shame, because they're really nice characters. SM TRio are honestly at their best.

I shaped myself a lot of negative feelings towards anime during the Johto Saga...

I mean...
good writing, rivals, yaddad dada, who the heck cares if 70% of the episodes was TR doing the same thing?

Yeah, sure. There was a couple episodes about something else, like tournaments or somethin', but that doesn't heal the anime from the fact that even the good episodes had too much TRio doing the same thing in it.

Which is a shame, because they're really nice characters. SM TRio are honestly at their best.
Although I haven't seen it completely, to me, the Johto saga was basically season 1 done better, fixing things like the pacing in between Badges and Ash's relationship with Gary. However, it still suffered a lot from the same faults as season 1, like insignificant fillers and Team Rocket occasionally just making clowns of themselves.

Also, their clownery was honestly made even worse in Generation III, where they were often insignificant to the episode's overall plot, and Jessie took part on Contests only for her to always try to cheat in some way and and always lose. You could always be sure that she wasn't getting the Ribbon. DP made her actually win Contests legitimately and made Team Rocket itself much less of a joke.

If I can say one small good thing BW did, it's that Team Rocket, even after returning to their sillier ways, now only appears if they have some kind of purpose in the episode's plot, instead of being forced into an episode just because.

Although I haven't seen it completely, to me, the Johto saga was basically season 1 done better, fixing things like the pacing in between Badges and Ash's relationship with Gary. However, it still suffered a lot from the same faults as season 1, like insignificant fillers and Team Rocket occasionally just making clowns of themselves.

Also, their clownery was honestly made even worse in Generation III, where they were often insignificant to the episode's overall plot, and Jessie took part on Contests only for her to always try to cheat in some way and and always lose. You could always be sure that she wasn't getting the Ribbon. DP made her actually win Contests legitimately and made Team Rocket itself much less of a joke.

If I can say one small good thing BW did, it's that Team Rocket, even after returning to their sillier ways, now only appears if they have some kind of purpose in the episode's plot, instead of being forced into an episode just because.
You know what, I even remember that there was an episode (Can't remember if in AG or Johto), where TRio f*cking litelary appeared at the end of an episode for like 2 minutes or so to attempt stealing the twerps Pokemon, when they were completely unnecesary, and their appearance wasn't even foreshadowed in the said episode. They were litelary thrown in there just for the rule in the last flippin seconds.

I never had enough pateince to reach DP. I was always frustrated with Pokemon anime logic, but after that one episode (AG52) I just had enough. Basically, in this episode Ash was introduced to the concept of "Cheering", which turned out to be fake- in reality, "cheerleaders" were actually making Pokemon like Minun use moves like Helping Hand, and they hid those Pokemon inside drums for the cheat to work.

When the cheat was uncovered, Ash engaged in a fight with Team Rocket, where he said something like "My Pokemon are stronger than yours, and we do not need any stupid, fake cheering to prove it!"

But then, Ash's Pikachu was beaten up and close into defeat- so what happened? Thatcher's (who was there the whole episode) had his Pokemon use Helping Hand. After Ash had won, he had celebrated his victory, of course.

So let me set this straight. The false cheering was Minun using Helping Hand. Ash declared his superiority over TR because "he doesn't need cheering"- he doesn't need Minun (or Plusle, both, whatever) using Helping Hand. But in the end, he litelary couldn't win without a Pokemon using Helping Hand. And he celebrated a victory achieved by such... hypocrisy. Not to mention it was a victory over TR. The same people he has beaten up 200 times prior to the epidode.

I was flippin pissed, that was just the peak of how illogicall and morally incorrect an anime episode can get.

You know what, I even remember that there was an episode (Can't remember if in AG or Johto), where TRio f*cking litelary appeared at the end of an episode for like 2 minutes or so to attempt stealing the twerps Pokemon, when they were completely unnecesary, and their appearance wasn't even foreshadowed in the said episode. They were litelary thrown in there just for the rule in the last flippin seconds.

I never had enough pateince to reach DP. I was always frustrated with Pokemon anime logic, but after that one episode (AG52) I just had enough. Basically, in this episode Ash was introduced to the concept of "Cheering", which turned out to be fake- in reality, "cheerleaders" were actually making Pokemon like Minun use moves like Helping Hand, and they hid those Pokemon inside drums for the cheat to work.

When the cheat was uncovered, Ash engaged in a fight with Team Rocket, where he said something like "My Pokemon are stronger than yours, and we do not need any stupid, fake cheering to prove it!"

But then, Ash's Pikachu was beaten up and close into defeat- so what happened? Thatcher's (who was there the whole episode) had his Pokemon use Helping Hand. After Ash had won, he had celebrated his victory, of course.

So let me set this straight. The false cheering was Minun using Helping Hand. Ash declared his superiority over TR because "he doesn't need cheering"- he doesn't need Minun (or Plusle, both, whatever) using Helping Hand. But in the end, he litelary couldn't win without a Pokemon using Helping Hand. And he celebrated a victory achieved by such... hypocrisy. Not to mention it was a victory over TR. The same people he has beaten up 200 times prior to the epidode.

I was flippin pissed, that was just the peak of how illogicall and morally incorrect an anime episode can get.
I have that episode on DVD and have seen it multiple times. It was actually a Makuhita and Shroomish that used Helping Hand, but your point still remains valid.

You should seriously watch DP. Of course, it felt better to watch it over time when it was going on, but even through rewatching, I can guarantee that it's pure gold most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom