• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe?
European_grey_wolf_in_Prague_zoo.jpg

i can't turn a mobius strip inside out but that won't stop me from trying

Hey guys. Sorry for the late reply, I was doing some back to school shopping.
I prefer using physical Fire moves on my Arcanine, and since Black 2 and White 2 were the first games after the physical/special split where Growlithe is available early on in the game, I chose to use one there. And it's been awesome.

For my FireRed and LeafGreen playthroughs, in case I didn't start with Charmander, I used Ninetales as my Fire type. Plus, I've also used a Ninetales almost every time I've played through Hoenn, catching one once I get to Mt. Pyre. In Omega Ruby, I even used the DexNav to find myself a Vulpix with Drought. Wasn't the easiest thing to do, but was still well worth it. Water types around the region came to fear her instant Solar Beams!
Nice!
My Arcanine has two physical Fire moves and two special Fire moves. I haven't really paid too much attention to the physical-special split aside from the difference between Counter and Mirror Coat mostly because I don't understand it.

Oh cool! I haven't used any of the Vulpix lines but I want to some day as they're one of my favorite lines.

How big is your collection?
The seaglass collection? It's small enough to find in a small jar. Here's a pic of the first piece I ever collected.
I might post a pic of all of it later.
The seastones? VERY BIG! Here's a snapshot of just some of what I've collected.
IMG_0068.jpg
I think I've collected at least 8 bags full. However my parents have found use of this. There's several decorative jars around my house that contain seastones including one that holds some DIY flowers. They're also working on lining a patio with the seastones.
The gem collection? It's in a large container somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

Moving back to Pokémon stuff: has anybody else made it a tradition to catch certain Pokémon in certain Poké Balls? For example, it's become a tradition for me to catch my Electrike in Hoenn and Mareep in Johto with Premier Balls and Vulpix with Nest Balls (except in OR, where I caught my Drought Vulpix with a Luxury Ball worthy of her beauty). Has anybody else in here done anything like that?
I'm not really picky about what Poke Balls I catch Pokemon with but for some reason I am very particular on what Pokepuffs/Pokebeans I give them. I like to give them the treats based on color for example if I give a Pokebean to Primarina, it's usually one of the blue beans. If I give a Pokepuff to a Fennekin, it's usually orange.

That being said, I tend to have variety in the type of Poke Balls I use. In my current Moon team, my Arcanine and Mudsdale were caught in Great Balls, my Magnezone and Alolan Muk were caught in regular Poke Balls, and my newest member, Alolan Sandslash, was caught in an Ultra Ball. Lunala was caught in a Master Ball. I also have a Trumbeak, a Pelipper, an Alolan Meowth, a Leafeon, and a Salandit that I caught in a Poke Ball (although technically I hatched Leafeon from an egg so that was more of a Primarina situation), a Cubone and Bewear that I caught in a Great Ball, an Electabuzz, Absol, a Midday Lycanroc, and an Alolan Exeggutor that I caught in an Ultra Ball, a Sableye that I caught in a Luxary Ball, a Skarmory I caught in a Timer Ball, and some Water Types that I caught in Dive Balls.

Another random Pokémon question: what do you consider the luckiest, or at least one of the luckiest things to have ever happened to you while playing Pokémon?
When I was younger and getting into the Pokemon games, I was playing SoulSilver and I had just finished a battle in Bellsprout Tower. I was taking my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center when a Gastly appeared. I wanted to catch it but most of my stronger Pokemon were in need of the Center so I was mostly relying on some of my weaker Pokemon, most of which had Normal type attacks and as most of us are aware but young me wasn't, Normal attacks don't work on Ghost Types. Anyway at some point, I sent out my Spearow and her Peck attacks were able to get it to the perfect HP for me to catch it.

Also during my Moon playthrough, at the Pokemon League there were a few instances where my Pokemon were hit by an attack that should have caused them to faint but my Pokemon were just able to hold on and then give an attack that knocked the opponent out.

Wolves are so beautiful...
Yes they are.

Squids and octapi are also cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom