• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
I rather like Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Jumpluff etc. much more than their beta designs. I do think the anchor shark would be awesome to get someday, even if it can’t quite top Dhelmise.

Rock and roll badger
Reaction score
Spoiler: Scrapped alternate Shellder evolution(?)
Honestly this should be a real thing. I've always wondered why the Shellder on Slowpoke's tail/head looked like this instead of like, well, Shellder or a small Cloyster.
Spoiler: Beta Tyrogue and Hitmontop
I like beta Tyrogue but I love Hitmontop's final design more.
Spoiler: Beta Miltank
It doesn't look too different from final Miltank.
An adorable fire seal!
Spoiler: Beta Delibird
And I thought final Delibird looked like Santa!
Spoiler: Beta Murkrow
I like Murkrow's final design but I love this so much!
Spoiler: Beta Blissey
So cute!! When I look at this design, I just think 'Happinas'.
Spoiler: Beta Scizor
I like that it's the same color as Scyther but I think the shiny red suits it more.
Spoiler: Scrapped Ice Pokémon line

(Known as "Wolfman" and "Warwolf" respectively, BTW.)
Interesting.
Spoiler: Beta Kingdra
Kingdra's one of my most favorite Pokemon ever and a big reason I love it is because of the deer antlers on it's head so I like the final design a lot more.
Spoiler: Beta Sneasel
IT'S ADORABLE!!!! AWW!! (Also it kind of reminds me of Mienshao)
I don't remember if I saw this one but it's so cute!!

Pyro Kicker
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that the move Curse was originally designed to be this thing's signature move, explaining the nail/pin in the move's animation?
It doesn't look too different from final Miltank.
It's a bit fatter than the final design, but otherwise, yeah. Not too different.

Okay! Now it's time for the entire beta Johto Pokédex, in in-game order!
And here's the same, just in video form with types and Sugimori-style artwork by Rachel Briggs.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that the move Curse was originally designed to be this thing's signature move, explaining the nail/pin in the move's animation?
Apparently, it indeed was supposed to be its signature move. Notably, its learnset data implies that Curse was a 'secret special' move for it, because it doesn't learn it until level 99, and it was programmed so that it attempts to evolve into Kyonpan starting level 2 of all things.

Pyro Kicker
Reaction score
Apparently, it indeed was supposed to be its signature move. Notably, its learnset data implies that Curse was a 'secret special' move for it, because it doesn't learn it until level 99, and it was programmed so that it attempts to evolve into Kyonpan starting level 2 of all things.
It could also be that those numbers were just put in as placeholders and that it was supposed to evolve later and learn the move earlier.

Merry Chrysalis
Reaction score
Not much...which isn’t a good sign at all.

*sticks a bunch of motivational posters in random, inconvenient places*

There. Those are some good signs.

Back on the nonsense thing, I might ask you just the same about what you pulled in the members’ counting thread!

Pyro Kicker
Reaction score
Something incredible happened to me today while playing HeartGold. I was just casually exploring Dark Cave, smashing rocks out of the way, when suddenly...
Pokemon HeartGold__4873.png
About 10-15 minutes later at the Violet City Pokémon Center...
Pokemon HeartGold__7309.png

Spoiler alert: username is a lie
Reaction score
Now you're a Dragon/Psychic type!

How does it feel to be WEAK TO BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.