• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RANDOM MESSAGES 15: Go Storm Area 51...you weirdos

What will you find in Area 51?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say I liked the Chikorita line's design (I edited my post a bit after you quoted it). It's unfortunately just not at its best in its native region.
I know you did. I was just talking about my preferences. Yeah I know. I hate how much GF and TPCI screws over the Chikorita line like that; the difficult option in the region it’s based in, bad stats for a Starter (at least from what I’ve heard, I don’t really care about stats that much), no Mega Evolution, no power ups other than type based Z-Moves, a movepool that, while decent, could be much better, probably going to be one of the lines left out of the Galar Dex, most likely no Dynamax or Gigamax (whatever those will do for Pokémon other than make them Ultratm large, etc. Urgh! But don’t worry Chikorita, we still love you! * Was going to put some more images but apparently their connections weren’t secure *

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the launch of the Apollo 11, and Saturday will be the 50th anniversary of the Moon Landing!
I always wonder what it must've been like, watching that for the first time! How many minds exploded? Was there celebration? Were there people who insisted that it was hoax even back then?

@ The announcer Oh no! :confused:

creates a crystalline dome over RM
I've fitted RM with new rocket engines for the occasion, though, so who wants to start it up with me, and we'll send RM on a trip to the Moon?
I do, I do!!!! :D ^^

Was there celebration?
5252h.jpg
Were there people who insisted that it was hoax even back then?
Probably. The world has always been full of dimwits.
I do, I do!!!! :D ^
Glad to hear! We're on our way there now!

Did you know what originally the Apollo flights were meant to go up to 20, but the public interest rapidly dropped so much after 11 that the last three flights, which had prepared equipment, crews, rockets, and everything, were forced to be cancelled? People got so used to man going to the moon that NASA had to outright pay TV stations for them to show any footage of the last few flights.
In that case, I'm dialing the stargate back to where Max is so he can be right there without blasting off!
That's fine.

Did you know what originally the Apollo flights were meant to go up to 20, but the public interest rapidly dropped so much after 11 that the last three flights, which had prepared equipment, crews, rockets, and everything, were forced to be cancelled? People got so used to man going to the moon that NASA had to outright pay TV stations for them to show any footage of the last few flights.
Wha?! :lapras: How does interest in something as vast as space get dropped after something like the moon landing? Wouldn’t that just make people want to explore it more after such a monumental thing like that? I know the Cold War was still going on but still! :confused:

Also I just noticed that RM has got a new title. To that I say “YANA KANJI!!!!!”

Wha?! :lapras: How does interest in something as vast as space get dropped after something like the moon landing. Wouldn’t that just make people want to explore it more after such a monumental thing like that? I know the Cold War was still going on but still! :confused:

Also I just noticed that RM has got a new title. To that I say “YANA KANJI!!!!!”
I personally believe that's exactly the reason. A lot of people didn't see the scientific merit of the program and only saw the moon landing being the USA proving their superiority over the Soviets, not understanding why more landings should be made if the race was already won. It was the 60s and 70s. People thought about things differently back then.

That reminds me of something: did you know that Pokémon XD had a Trainer who made references to James and said that phrase?

That reminds me of something: did you know that Pokémon XD had a Trainer who made references to James and said that phrase?
I did not. What trainer?

Since we're in space now, I'm gonna take Bewear and Snorlax Jirachi hunting. come along if you wanna join in.
Have fun! Watch out for meteorites and Rayquaza! :D

Don’t forget your and Snorlax’s space suits! I would recommend one for Bewear but I‘ve heard of one that went to the ocean floor without a helmet and was just fine so I think yours will be okay out there.

I did not. What trainer?
A Trainer on Mt. Battle says that she's heard of a Trainer with the same Pokémon as she has, with her Pokémon being a Cacnea and a Chimecho. An obvious reference to James. And after she's defeated, she says, "What a horrible feeling!" which I'm pretty confident to guess was "Yana kanji!" in the original Japanese version of the game.

Another anime reference in the Orre games (that's not related to Team Rocket, though) is a Trainer found on Mt. Battle in the Battle Mode of Colosseum. They use a Jirachi, Mightyena, Kirlia, Dusclops, Absol, and Flygon. All of these Pokémon played a notable role in Jirachi: Wish Maker.

So are you part of Team Rocket? Since when?
Since June but only a supplier and assistant. No mischief making or evil doing, just lunch, trucking around, and repairing stuff (mostly balloons and submarines for some reason)

A Trainer on Mt. Battle says that she's heard of a Trainer with the same Pokémon as she has, with her Pokémon being a Cacnea and a Chimecho. An obvious reference to James. And after she's defeated, she says, "What a horrible feeling!" which I'm pretty confident to guess was "Yana kanji!" in the original Japanese version of the game.
That's cool! Yeah that sounds right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom